Author Topic: Definition of MO-ron  (Read 20350 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Definition of MO-ron
« on: November 02, 2008, 03:43:11 PM »
The definition of a moron is a guy who makes plans to help a friend move, forgetting that the time that the help is needed is already accounted for.  How, one might ask?  Why, only by a 10th wedding anniversary.  And, no, not someone else's, but my own ten trips around the sun wedded to my wife.

The fact that I forgot this was brought to my attention with the phrase, "I sure hope that you weren't planning to that next weekend?" to which I said, "Why?" At that point, my wife was within her rights, and would have been easily aquitted, by reason of justifiable homicide.  The fact that I am typing this means that my wife actually wants to keep me around for another ten years, bless her soul.

Needless to say, folks, never forget an anniversary, and never, ever, ever...EVER...forget the latest one, especially if it is a milestone, such as the tenth one. :-[
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Definition of MO-ron
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 03:45:32 PM »
Looks like I'll be the crazy driver behind the wheel of the rental again!!   ;D
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 04:31:25 PM »
Holy hole in the donut Batman!
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 06:12:25 PM »
Mmmmmmmmmm...donuts...ahhhhhh
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 06:21:46 PM »
The definition of a moron is a guy who makes plans to help a friend move, forgetting that the time that the help is needed is already accounted for.  How, one might ask?  Why, only by a 10th wedding anniversary.  And, no, not someone else's, but my own ten trips around the sun wedded to my wife.

The fact that I forgot this was brought to my attention with the phrase, "I sure hope that you weren't planning to that next weekend?" to which I said, "Why?" At that point, my wife was within her rights, and would have been easily aquitted, by reason of justifiable homicide.  The fact that I am typing this means that my wife actually wants to keep me around for another ten years, bless her soul.

Needless to say, folks, never forget an anniversary, and never, ever, ever...EVER...forget the latest one, especially if it is a milestone, such as the tenth one. :-[

This calls for desperate measures....

I recommend flowers and chocolate.   

Good Luck!

Brad
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 08:17:47 PM by MadBrad »
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 07:38:17 PM »
Well Dave, you silly boy.  I hope you come out alright.  As for moving Silverback, Bill Meredith has stepped up and volunteered his service.

Peace out, and take care of Mare!!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 07:40:02 PM »
thanks for the heads-up, since my next one is the tenth for me and the wife and I almost forgot this one...

good thing I don't have to go to work until late in the morning, or I would have had absolutely no time to go and get her something...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 10:17:53 PM »
Dear Mrs Dave -

It is the verdict of this secret tribunal that Mr. Dave be punished for his heinous crime in the following manner -

On Nov 22 Mr. Dave shall be chained to the kitchen stove making pizza rolls and death fries for all the guests to enjoy while they play a rousing game of Warzone and/or Chronopia. This may seem harsh but only by harsh punishment may we keep our Brother from straying and offending the almighty Wife of Dave who has been adopted as the official Den Mother of Talamania. You may change this punishment as you wish for that is the power of the Den Mother.

Dave - Throw yourself on the mercy of the Den Mother. Get Josh over to babysit and take her to dinner. Otherwise you just may be on KP  :o  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 05:27:08 AM »
I'm thinking one of those bouquets of chocolate covered fruit is in order.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 09:36:26 AM »
Ehh, forget cooking.  Take her to a Melting Pot resaturant http://www.meltingpot.com/.   You can get chocolate-covered everything there!
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 10:24:58 AM »
That's helping the cause!!

Offline Gun-Moll

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 01:52:35 PM »
The girl here to the guy there...

10th Wedding Anniversary
Traditional Gifts: Tin or Aluminum
Modern Gifts:Diamond Jewelry
Celebrating: Ideas and Symbols

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 02:02:47 PM »
Y'all better be glad you can't hear The Gun-Moll right now...

"Chocolates... flowers....  for putting up with Gaming Fixations for ten years, having two children AND playing hostess at Talamania?  You're all a bunch of MO-rons...

That woman deserves a diamond- even if its earrings, a ring or a pendant.  They even make dice(!!) in silver with diamonds in them if he wants to go that route.  Not recommended but he could...

She also needs to be nominated for saint hood."

The reason why I am typing this is she is still working- but had to pipe in with the recommendation above.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 10:53:06 PM »
@ Gun-Moll -

No man suggests to another man that he buy diamonds no matter how nuch his wife deserves them. It is against the code - in fact it is one of the three things the code says you must never do.

1) Never suggest to another man that he should buy diamonds no matter how nuch his wife deserves them
2) Never buy diamonds for another man's wife
3) Never tell a woman about The Code

:o Oh man I'm in trouble now........  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 11:49:59 PM »
:o Oh man I'm in trouble now........  ;D
[Paranoia]Topkick, please report to the nearest termination center[/Paranoia]  ;D