Author Topic: Siege of the Citadel, UWZ edition  (Read 21812 times)

Offline ezekiel

Re: Siege of the Citadel, UWZ edition
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2006, 07:48:05 PM »
that rocks!!!!!
games workshop: the ultimate evil megacorp!

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2006, 07:35:34 AM »
Now I REALLY want to use my Doom tiles in a scenario...
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2006, 06:11:53 PM »
Any updated pics? The first ones had me drooling and contemplating doing this as well. You have a great idea and the initial results are awesome.
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2006, 09:50:38 AM »
Thank you, for the inspiration.  I, too, must now make my SotC board 3D.  My wife will curse you, and my hands will bleed, but, I will turn it into a reality.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2006, 03:36:53 AM »
I'd also be interested in seeing the current status of the project.

Looking at the pictures of tile 5 (I had to cheat and view them from a non-mod account) I have a few questions.

It seems you have used 1" tiles with each tile representing one tile on the game boards (obviously) right?

Doesn't this create some problems with space since the HA wall blocks are 1/2" thick so that some squares will be halved?

I started looking at this project during the summer and kind of put it on hold because I couldn't decide how to solve that issue.

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2007, 12:00:03 PM »
Hey guys, I know it's been a very, very long time since my last update.  These are still on my WIP shelf at the moment, but I'm getting ready to pick up steam on them again.  7 of the 8 sections are constructed, I'm still thinking about my plan for the stair section.  I'll try to get some updated pics up soon.

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2007, 12:03:43 PM »
I'd also be interested in seeing the current status of the project.

Looking at the pictures of tile 5 (I had to cheat and view them from a non-mod account) I have a few questions.

It seems you have used 1" tiles with each tile representing one tile on the game boards (obviously) right?

Doesn't this create some problems with space since the HA wall blocks are 1/2" thick so that some squares will be halved?

I started looking at this project during the summer and kind of put it on hold because I couldn't decide how to solve that issue.

I struggled with the same problem but in the end, my impatience got the better of me and I went ahead without finding a solution.  In the original SotC the walls didn't take up any practical space, which complicated the design.  A few of the tiles have a problem where a hallway is only 1" wide and certain minis have diffuclty moving down them while looking in a particular direction.