Author Topic: Tuesday Night Spinespur.  (Read 4830 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Tuesday Night Spinespur.
« on: October 28, 2008, 08:15:10 PM »
 Well we went at it again. Jeff Dodge (Dodger) swung by for another 100 point battle of Spinespur goodness. He played the Institution, with Doc Akron, 6 Trauma Hounds, 2 Little Ones, and a Prime.

I went with the Wildlands with Cerebeast, Handyman, 3 Dogs, a Bludgeoning Thug, and a Chainsaw Thug.

Dig the extensive effort put in to creating a striking and vivid tabletop:

A cell phone shot of some ruined walls on a small folding table.

Doc Akron as speed painted by our friend Bob Phillips. This is what he does in twenty minutes. We hate him for it!!

A shot of the action. The game came down to just the Doc, beset from both sides by the Handyman and Cerebeast. I thought I did a good job using the flame template to take out Dodger's grunts by attrition, while my own didn't do so well. Those Trauma Hounds have one mean slam!!

This is one fun game, hands down. We are enjoying the learning curve on this immensely, as the subtleties really start to come out after you get to know the mechanic and memorize a few things. Dodger hasn't yet begun to throw the Doc's shock globes, but I think each battle we play is going to get even better. I'm hopelessly hooked.

Sorry for the crude cell phone shots, but I can't even find my digital camera in this rowhome full of pewter. 

Straight ahead money, peace out.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 08:17:29 PM by joshuaslater »
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Jase

Re: Tuesday Night Spinespur.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 02:04:42 PM »
Looks interesting - what is Spinespur by the way?

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 02:14:06 PM »
A skirmish level game ala Necromunda but all the "gamgs" are in an Apocolypse style locale for those condemned to hell kinda thing. Josh - correct me if I am wrong.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 10:22:04 AM »
Spinespur is an adults only, no kids under 17 game.  The setting is a dark, modern horror, survivial skirmish game.  The setting has gruesome characters, with lots of character, zombies, chainsaws, thugs, mental patients and many features you see in horror movies.  It is in what can only described as it's own hell, but told differently.

The game plays well and is a hell of a lot of fun.  A few of us on our forums have gotten into it as another good game, and I can recommend it.  You only need the rulebook and a few of their models to play it, so it's relatively cheap to get into.

Their site is www.comfychairgames.com

The fiction, fluff and artwork are adults only but don't take that to mean that it's just tasteless.  It's all part of the story and setting.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Jase

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 12:50:28 AM »
Thanks for the info, guys!

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."