Author Topic: Help with fig...  (Read 7177 times)

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
Help with fig...
« on: October 18, 2008, 11:43:51 AM »
Hey all,

I have a fig that I can't place from the books and Prince August's site.  I'll describe it here and take and upload a photo if I can't get a lead on its identity.

The fig's stance is very reminiscent of Capitol's Jake Kramer, in that he has a Puker in his right hand, pointed up.  He is wearing what looks like a leather jacket with the sleeves rolled to the elbows and is shirtless.  He's buff, with huge pecs.  Flat top hair, high biker boots.

Any ideas?
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
Re: Help with fig...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 12:04:10 PM »
 Sounds like a Cartel Field Agent to me.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 12:29:48 PM »
Please post a pic

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 01:04:36 PM »
Hey all,

I have a fig that I can't place from the books and Prince August's site.  I'll describe it here and take and upload a photo if I can't get a lead on its identity.

The fig's stance is very reminiscent of Capitol's Jake Kramer, in that he has a Puker in his right hand, pointed up.  He is wearing what looks like a leather jacket with the sleeves rolled to the elbows and is shirtless.  He's buff, with huge pecs.  Flat top hair, high biker boots.

Any ideas?

Cartel Dark Slayer FT Spec
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 01:08:23 PM »
Here he is:

Here's another one:

He's Dark Legion, but which faction?  He's a Legionnaire, I think.
-Private Hudson

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 03:14:38 PM »
dmcgee1 is right about the cartel one :)

The second one is one of the legionnaires from the RPG. More precisely #8005 Legionnaire Grunt (I have a couple of blisters of this one myself)

Go here: http://www.mutantpedia.com/eng/Warzone.html  and click on Miniatures Listing (ENG) under Fan Rules

There you'll have a list over the warzone minis. Though (bear with me) from #9634 until #9671 the numbers are one figure wrong. Demon Hunter aint #9634, but is #9672 and Zenithian Slaughtermaster is #9634. Spawn of Demnogonis is #9635 and so forth until the non listed GT Offroad B-52 is #9640 and till golgotha is #9671 (instead of #9672). If that makes any sense at all. I like to use my printed list to fill in the dots when I buy a certain mini. Thats prolly for specially interested though ;)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 03:16:22 PM by Nighthawk »

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 09:59:17 PM »
Actually both Andy (ManicMiner) and Dave ( dmcgee1) are rigtht. The fig was originally released as part of a Cartel Agent 4 pack. When Ultimate Warzone was release the Cartel 4 pack was redesignated. The two in suits remained Cartel Agents, the one in trenchcoat with Hellstrom SMG became a Cartel Enforcer and the Hardcase with the Puker was sent to the Darkslayer Mercs IIRC.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 12:26:47 AM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 03:40:02 AM »
Yup. What about the cartel agents from the first Mutant Chronicles miniature line? Did they get redesignated for the UWZ?

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 04:33:56 AM »
No, although the one in a suit works fine for a cartel agent.  The other makes a nice mercenary figure.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 12:30:52 PM »
Thanks everyone.  One more question...Would I put that Legionnaire under the 'Horde' grouping, or in an apostle's camp?
-Private Hudson

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 02:16:06 PM »
Thanks everyone.  One more question...Would I put that Legionnaire under the 'Horde' grouping, or in an apostle's camp?

Horde or Demnogonis.  My two cents
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 03:39:57 PM »
Kings to all of you helping in this thread.  This forum rocks.  I'm sure as I'm just getting into UWZ I'll need all the help I can get identifying even the common troops!!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 05:44:23 PM »
I uses my two as horde legionnaires.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2008, 05:47:05 PM »
Kings to all of you helping in this thread.  This forum rocks.  I'm sure as I'm just getting into UWZ I'll need all the help I can get identifying even the common troops!!

Amen and I second that!  

One last question about the Legionnaire.  What kind of blade is he carrying?  There isn't a fitting description in the DL armory, so I'm gonna speculate.  Blade of Souls?  Blade of the Void?  Kathora Blade?  Demnogonis' Legionnaires aren't listed as carrying blades, but it looks like a miniature version of a Ashreketh Howling Blade.  
-Private Hudson

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 02:31:32 PM »
I just fit him in with the crowd of undead legionnaires with assuault rifles and call it good.  I don't recall there being any legionairres armed with knives (or pistols for that matter).