Author Topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY COIL!  (Read 36801 times)

Offline Melanieshaman

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY COIL!
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2008, 11:41:14 AM »
Coil, aren't you glad all this stemmed from wishing you a happy b-day?

You know, KC has Tippin's pies, so if ya'll are comin' ta Recruits, ya'll can have yer pie and eat it too!  Was that Midwest twangy enough?

Midwest twangy?  Try southern twangy.. i don't know anyone from the area i am from that has a southern accent... maybe once you get down into missouri they do but not Iowa, illinois, etc

Mel

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2008, 11:44:31 AM »
You can take the girl out of Illinois but you can't take Illinois out of the girl  ;)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2008, 11:58:14 AM »
You can take the girl out of Illinois but you can't take Illinois out of the girl  ;)

So true... Oh, by the way, ya think Coil enjoys his B-day thread becoming a Cluster**** of different subjects? LOL

Mel

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2008, 12:04:32 PM »
I don't believe Coil would mind one bit, at all.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2008, 04:58:40 PM »
We go way back with Andreas.  He's one cool cat. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2008, 09:44:04 PM »
I actually asked him and he thinks it's a hoot.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2008, 09:49:23 PM »
So Mel you ex-military? Rare to see a civilian to understand the nuances of how to use the term cluster**** properly in a sentence.

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2008, 08:49:57 AM »

Midwest twangy?  Try southern twangy.. i don't know anyone from the area i am from that has a southern accent... maybe once you get down into missouri they do but not Iowa, illinois, etc

Mel

Ahh, you are from the Upper Midwest, not the true Midwest.  Missouri is interesting in that the farther south you go, the more Southern it sounds.  So northern Missourians sound more Upper Midwest and southern Missourians sound more like they are from Arkansas and Oklahoma.  Southern Missourians say Missour-uh, while northern say Missour-ee.  All this has something to do with the Mason-Dixon Line, I'm sure.
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2008, 01:08:57 PM »

Mel

Ahh, you are from the Upper Midwest, not the true Midwest.  Missouri is interesting in that the farther south you go, the more Southern it sounds.  So northern Missourians sound more Upper Midwest and southern Missourians sound more like they are from Arkansas and Oklahoma.  Southern Missourians say Missour-uh, while northern say Missour-ee.  All this has something to do with the Mason-Dixon Line, I'm sure.

ya i would think so and yes northen midwest

Mel