Author Topic: Free Freelancer of Fortune Magazine!  (Read 3278 times)

Offline Jake Brass

Free Freelancer of Fortune Magazine!
« on: November 20, 2008, 10:46:15 AM »
First off, let me say my hat’s off to you fine gentlemen and ladies-this is a amazing community, and I’m glad to be a part of it.  And speaking of being a part of it, as I’ve thumbed through here I’ve seen absolutely no mention of the humble publication that I have the distinct honor of being senior editor for.  Needless to say, I about had my marketing director fired.  Frankly, Sylas and I go way back and he knows things about me that can’t hit the street so I gave him a pass on this one.  But seriously, Freelance of Fortune has been the premiere magazine of Operators throughout the Solar System for the past five hundred years, possibly longer.  Folks, no other publication is as renowned (and hated) for it’s independence, objectivity and comprehensive overview of the goings on of the Solar System.  Our writers have been there and done that and are more than happy to share their experiences with you in your daily struggle to make a buck in this dog-eat-dog world of independent operation.  Our readers benefit greatly from tips, latest tactics, Warzone overviews, equipment reviews, and the shared experiences from our staff, trained professionals, and readers not unlike yourselves.  Now for you corporate types, don’t feel left out.  We provide you unbiased reporting of events and equipment that allow you to bypass the lens of what your highers want you to believe so that you can make better decisions.  Our corporate readers frequently report back about how our rag has saved them from pitfalls both in the office and on the battlefield.

“So what?” you are asking me!  Here’s what!  Our magazine sells for two Cardinal’s crowns an issue at local retailers, (corporate prices may vary-whenever they have the guts to sell us)  newsstands, and book dens.  Annual subscription is twelve issues for twenty crowns (saving you four crowns a year) and you get for free any special issues or reports we put out!  But wait, before you zone out.  To get the word out I am willing to steal bread from the mouth of  my children and actually give away one free issue!  This months issue is a real whopper-the sewers of Luna, profiles on the Yellow Jackets mercenary company as well as famed bounty hunter Reena Macrae and so much more!  Since we can’t post it here on this board, if you will PM me I will e-mail you the latest edition of Freelance of Fortune.  I understand about privacy and each one will be individually e-mailed so that you yours only goes to you!  But don’t wait too long, the offer is only valid for a limited time!

Good luck and shoot straight!

Jake Brass
Editor in Chief
Freelancer of Fortune
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 10:50:31 AM by Jake Brass »

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Free Freelancer of Fortune Magazine!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 10:50:11 AM »
I've been reading this mag for a long time.  Good stuff and some valuable goodies are to be had in it.  Gun-moll even reads it on occasion.

Two Thumbs up, I say.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 10:56:24 AM »
The profile on Reena Macrae was facinating-she has lived an interesting life!  What really got me was the historical profile on that Bauhaus prototype!  I can't wait to read December's issue!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 12:43:08 PM »

At Val's place the latest copy can always be found next to.....how to say this....Valpurgis's "not so Golden" Throne
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 07:10:24 PM »
Sardonicus smiled. Freelancer of Fortune had finally advertised as predicted in the one place it could be infiltrated. Now it was a matter of time. A bribe here and a threat there and before long the subscription list would be in his hands. From that list a select few individuals would be offered employment and then turned to serve the Master. Hopefully the profiles would continue to zero in on those who occassionally interfered with Sardonicus' plans. The next issue would, no doubt, be another font of information but for now Sardonicus would satisfy himself learning more about Reena Macrae. A fascinating creature and if she could be turned a valuable asset. Sardonicus reached for his issue of Freelancer of Fortune and informed his secretary that he was not to be disturbed.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:21:30 PM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890