Author Topic: Wolf Clan Scavenger--group attack?  (Read 5089 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Wolf Clan Scavenger--group attack?
« on: January 03, 2006, 09:20:22 AM »
Why does this guy not have Group Attack?  Looking at the point cost, special abilities, and stats, I feel that this one thing is missing.  I've used this model to good effect yesterday, striking from hidden, commanding and activating another unit (they used group attack), but I wonder why this hero got short-changed.  Sure he's got good close combat, ranged combat, two wounds, high LD, but I think the low damage he deals would be offset if he had Group Attack.  I know they're aren't too many Wolf Clan players out there, but help a brotha' out.  Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Wolfshade

• Journeyman
Re: Wolf Clan Scavenger--group attack?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 11:36:54 AM »
    Hmmmm, Group attack with Stalk ;D At least I believe he has Stalk (no book at work and working with an ifffy memory)  Could be a balance issue. Bad is watching this guy run with a Scout Pack. 
Elf, It's good with A-1 too!!!

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 06:04:43 AM »
    Hmmmm, Group attack with Stalk ;D At least I believe he has Stalk (no book at work and working with an ifffy memory)  Could be a balance issue. Bad is watching this guy run with a Scout Pack. 

That's my assumption as well. I haven't reverse engineered the Chronopia point system, but I'm betting that Stalk is fairly pricy. Stalk and Group Assault would make him an even badder mofo than he already is.
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 07:48:49 AM »
Besides wouldn't Group Attack on an Individual be a bit weird?

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 05:10:01 PM »
Besides wouldn't Group Attack on an Individual be a bit weird?

Not necessarily. It depends on the wording for Group Assault. I don't have my book handy, so I don't know if it's worded "friendly model", or "friendly model in the same unit".

If it's just "friendly model", then an Individual with Group Assault would be feasible, and useful.
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 12:50:33 AM »
It's "When two or more models with this Special Ability ..." so it wouldn't be terribly useful (even though there are quite a few units with Group Attack in the Wolf Clan.

I bet that if he had had Group Attack there'd be a thread complaining how he was paying for something he couldn't use (not from any of the posters here though) :)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 06:08:17 AM »
I was thinkin' you could spring the Scavenger from hidden say, into the back of a Troll that just charged a unit of Wolf Clan Axemen, giving him a bonus to do damage, but after thinking on this, it seems that the Scavenger should be sprung first on the enemy from hidden, and then you pile on the group attack models.  Either way, I LOVE this troop choice, it really is a fun surprise to put on the table.  Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA