Author Topic: a cancer proxy?  (Read 7100 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
a cancer proxy?
« on: October 03, 2008, 08:38:18 AM »
http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RAF&Product_Code=02834&Category_Code=RAF

Looks kinda nice.  And I can so see it as something Cybertronic would field.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: a cancer proxy?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 09:33:35 AM »
That is pretty cool-it would have been a much cheaper source for conversions, but I can't believe they still make those chincey Reaction Marines.  I still have a couple lying around that I bought back in the early 90's!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 10:47:18 AM »
That is pretty cool-it would have been a much cheaper source for conversions, but I can't believe they still make those chincey Reaction Marines.  I still have a couple lying around that I bought back in the early 90's!

Yeah, I saw them too.

They sold well enough back then... and they make for good Sci Fi at the 20mm scale.  Ye know, some Weird War Two action  ("Sarge!!  They got rayguns!"  "Shut Up Johnson and keep shootin'!!"
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »
Hmmm, there would need to be a lot of conversion.  I wonder what human torso would suffice to strap a couple of claws and a couple of MMG 'arms' to it.

Here's my big question for this:  Does it have a head?  The description is lacking one, but how would it know where to fire?  With one, it would be creepy.  Without one, it would be, well, gross.
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 11:17:38 AM »
Hmmm, there would need to be a lot of conversion.  I wonder what human torso would suffice to strap a couple of claws and a couple of MMG 'arms' to it.

Here's my big question for this:  Does it have a head?  The description is lacking one, but how would it know where to fire?  With one, it would be creepy.  Without one, it would be, well, gross.

Unless you went with a cyborg/android/drone gun platform.

Mind you.... no points or nothin' but I can see this baby with the following:

a pair of mounted LMG's (take mounted hmg and give lmg dmg) which fire at same time (ie: linked).  Yes Virginia, that's six shots in one rangeband!!) but only if it is stationary (ie: did not move the action before)
Sensor Package allowing Night Fighting
stat-line of a Chasseur but with Move 4
AI 5
Really good armor (24)
Is not slowed by rough terrain.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 06:21:26 PM »
The surveilance drone has a lot of possibilities; espcially as an objective piece.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!