Author Topic: Double Header  (Read 5840 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Double Header
« on: September 28, 2008, 08:12:35 AM »
Well I had "Wild" Bill Meredith over yesterday for what turned out to be a double header.  1000 points a side, Chronopia.  Blackbloods with Bill.  OS Elves with Josh.  Well, what an afternoon.

Bill took the first game, and I mean handily.  I didn't expect him to play his hidden dummy cards as well as he did, and his tactics were perfect.  He did have a couple of spectacular ones on armor saves against the Dragonskull Warriors from his Crimson Blades no less, but the field was his.  Bill's starting to become a real threat with them.  Needless to say I suggested a rematch with the same lists, as the afternoon was not over.  I managed to Kill Bill in the second game, but not without some real luck on my part, winning initiative and popping one unit out in the open, and effective placement of my archers.  It was all in all, a good couple of games.

I think we're going to have to take pics of these matches, as now, Bill, the grudge is on!! 

May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Double Header
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 08:19:22 AM »
That Bill beat you in the first game is only to be expected - how could mere elves stand before the might of the Bloodthrone? However in the second game it appears that Bill fell victim to typical elf trickery. How else could the snivelling and craven pointy ears have defeated a Satrap of the Blackblood Empire?  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 11:26:08 AM »
Actually it's all in preparation for my uber-cheesy army.  After I sent out those Leviathan Elves and had them painted so beautifully I scored a few more.  Three units of Dragonskull warriors and however many Dragon Clan Slaves I can throw down will just be nasty.  It may be a very one dimensional army, but sometimes those are fun to throw down to change it up a bit.

I'm amazed that after all this time and however many games that I've never grown tired of Chronopia.  I've been worn down by gaming a lot, at cons or get togethers, but never bored.

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 03:30:41 PM »
Hello

The first game, i managed to counter you archers with the assault warriors. And my crimson blades helped out with the dragons skulls. I was lucky when my ogre death seeker hit the dragon skulls and had them already wounded. The lotus eater blowing spell checks helped em out big time. second game I was off couldn't get my game on and the elf archers took the board. The lotus eater got his spells of and i mispositioned a few units and never got them in place. next time Josh, I will have a counter to the Lotus Eater.

wmeredith
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 06:36:54 PM »
Those were both good games.   See you sometime soon.  This Saturday I've a party to attend, but maybe on a weeknite.  Peace out.