Author Topic: Manic_Miner Preview  (Read 252260 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Manic_Miner Preview
« on: September 20, 2008, 09:27:53 AM »
This preview is for a new range coming early 2009 from our own Andrew Coleman, aka Manic_Miner.  Andy is an English cat who is acknowledged as a valuable member of our community, and a veritable encyclopedia for all things pewter.  He does all kinds of conversions, is happy to point out cool models for all to enjoy, and now he is commissioning greens to produce!!

Here's the first preview from Andrew Coleman's line, yet to be named.  Enjoy!!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 03:38:11 PM by joshuaslater »
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: manic_miner Preview
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 09:46:27 AM »
Based on that last photo maybe Cheeky Demon Miniatures would be a good name  :o  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 10:33:47 AM »
yeah, i had a very similar first thought......

btw, is that a nutsack he sports between this tight thighs?  :o :o

=> Horny, if no copyright forbids  ;D

(-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horny_(Dungeon_Keeper))
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 12:39:25 PM by NoTrollNick »
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 10:40:03 AM »
Some questions should be neither thouht nor asked Nick...but Andy might give you the demon's phone number if you are interested.  ;)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 11:46:13 AM »
I saw the number of replies and thought, d'oh, I forgot to mark the topic sticky, but it appears someone beat me to it.   ;)

I bet that's a Paul Muller sculpt.  If I'm right Andy has to send me at least four!!

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 12:22:03 PM »
Cool looking demon there.

Looks like it could be used in a number of games. Would be cool if he came with a selection of weapon besides the sword. An axe, hammer and maybe a whip.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 01:01:36 PM »
 The miniature was sculpted by Matt Gubser.Matt has done a great job with this miniature and the others he has done for me are also way cool.At the moment he only has the weapon options show but more could easily be done.I could also see it being changed to be a cool Sci-Fi monster too.
 Heresy have loads of miniatures with their nut sac's swinging if anyone needs more  ;D.

Suggestions for future miniatures would be welcome.

Everyone on this forum loves miniatures that is a given,considering we collect miniatures from a game that is out of production.Some other miniatures to fit in with the style and flavour would be a welcome addition.

Thanks for posting this Josh and I hope you did not get too sticky  ;).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 01:20:55 PM by Manic _Miner »

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 01:16:30 PM »
I could definitely see mself ordering one when he is available. Looks like a fun mini to paint up and he could see some action in our D&D game.

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 02:16:48 PM »
Sorry, the nutsack thing is kinda disturbing.  My wife flipped out at me because I have a mermaid with boobs that aren't covered, I think a nutsack would not go over well.

Also, he looks to need some huge guns for Warzone, but I think he is a good Dusk Realm Warrior.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 02:35:16 PM »
 Glenn Mermaids dont were bra's because the water would just pull them off when they swim or slow them down.Nothing wrong with topless girls anyway.They are only toys.Just lucky your wife has not caught you looking at real ones on the pc  :o.

He would look good with gun's(more Doom type marbe).Possible conversion later on I think.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 02:40:05 PM »
I'll definitely buy enough to field a unit or five!!  You only need 2--4 Dusk Realm Warriors, and if they're a little big for size 2, I only play with cool people who don't sweat stuff like that.  My Dragonskull Warriors are Ogre sized, but on the right base; it's all relative and I've got bigger problems than fretting over scale creep.

I was wrong on my guess, Andy.  The nutsack is a common feature on Paul Muller sculpts, making me think it was his.  I'll have to show him this thread inextricably connecting him to sculpts with prominent scrotums.  Ha ha.

I don't get too wigged out over nudity, but I understand it if people might not dig it.  Everyone is entitled to their tastes, and ultimately will decide whether to buy or not.  I think these Demons'll sell pretty well, and I'm honored I've had to chance to preview them first.  

Go manic_miner!!

P.S.  please share with the group how you came by that moniker.  Gather round everyone.  Let's listen.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 03:00:22 PM »
 The moniker is from when we were kid's just goofing around.My name being coleman and all used to get really hyper and over excited about all sorts of daft stuff.Also to do with the Fraggle Rock tv show from years back after the Doozers little construction guys.I used to love that show.

The Leviathan Dragon Skull warriors are pretty big but nice miniatures none the less.I have one of the Lord type miniatures that was not released and Dwarf War machine crew.They also had some other miniatures which never got released.They were very nice from what I can remember and I have tried to get them to release them to no avail.

I think Andy at Heresy has the most Nutsack's and Neatherwang's in his range ;D.He is not affraid to break the mould and do something different from the norm.Hence all the cool miniatures he has in his range.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 03:02:16 PM »
Coal man.  Duh Josh.  Thanks for not smiting me for that.  How is it you have so many unreleased or rare finds? 

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 03:05:57 PM »
 Just lucky I guess and a miniatures whore.
 I also have a limited edition Griffon that Kev White did for a game show over here.Only 100 cast  ;D and I have seven or eight of them :o.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 03:29:09 PM by Manic _Miner »

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 03:08:34 PM »
That's very funny you say that.  The first person I heard use the expression "miniatures whore" was Bill Refsland.  Great guy, and yes, he's definitely one!!  I know the feeling as I've quite a bit of stuff from the old days.  Too bad I took off all those years rockin' and rollin'.  I'd prolly have an astounding collection.