Author Topic: [Looking for Ideas] The Surveiler and 19th Silent  (Read 6791 times)

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
[Looking for Ideas] The Surveiler and 19th Silent
« on: September 18, 2008, 09:30:14 PM »
Well I've finally finished collecting the minis needed for my Romanov army and now I'm looking to my small ~600 point Cybertronic force and I think it could do with a Surveiler and a unit of 19th Silent to bring it up to the 750-1000 point mark.

So what have people used in the past to convert/proxy these guys.  I've been looking through a lot of the Urban War/Metropolis stuff and Codename: Warmachine looks like he'd do in a pinch but I have been stumped on the 19th Silent.  They've been a favourite of mine since the 1st Edition Dark Eden book but I have no idea how to get a unit that looks remotely like that.  I've played around with converting GW Space Marines except that I've sworn off GW and wont be buying anything from them for at least 5 years (about how long it takes to see if the next edition has actually improved anything... doubtful though ;)).

So alternate Surveiler and 19th Silent ideas would be a big help or if you have an awesome, inspiring conversion I'd love to see it.  Thanks in advance.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
Re: [Looking for Ideas] The Surveiler and 19th Silent
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 12:20:45 AM »
http://www.members.aol.com/iarvizo/page1.html

also check the following pages, a v2 surveiler painted beeing there, a.o.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:23:12 AM by NoTrollNick »
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 12:42:44 AM »
Wow that's amazing!  Still wish I could find the old Codename: Warmachine though this would likely work on the new one as well.  Though I'd probably try my hand at just sculpting the mask on instead (though the terminator head idea is brilliant).

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 05:41:14 AM »
You can get the Codename: Warmachine at www.scotiagrendel.co.uk
For the 19th Silents, go to www.cyclopesforge.com and look at the Landsraad troopers.  They are the unofficial proxy for the 19ths.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 07:11:56 AM by joshuaslater »
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 10:04:08 AM »
Hmm the scotiagrendel link isn't working for me for some reason.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 10:06:53 AM »
Probably because I'm and idiot and it's www.scotiagrendel.com and not co.uk.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 06:56:04 PM »
Woohoo, thanks!

Also...  hmm, a nice supply of other Void minis.  Do they produce them now or are they just selling off the remaining supply of them?  A lot of those old Void models are great for Warzone (and Void incidentally :D) so it would be nice if they represented a good, long term, supply of them.

Edit - Hmm those plastic Interdict Marines with a Syntha weapons pack would make some fairly nice and poseable 19th silent.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 07:02:39 PM by Durandal »

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 03:55:05 AM »
They own the molds and are producing them.

Still like Cyclopes Forge stuff better but these may be cheaper.

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 09:58:05 PM »
Well that's awesome, I was saddened when I couldn't find them on the UM site anymore as a great many of those minis will work well in Warzone.  Nice to see some one took up the torch with Void.