Author Topic: Fire missions and forward observers  (Read 9111 times)

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Re: Fire missions and forward observers
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 01:35:32 PM »
I agree with you that the composition of the team needs to be decided by Thom and that particular group. Not sure how they decide who is on the team, none of my business anyways, but I am sure of the results they have and highly respect them for their time and effort.

I think that you have to be highly respected to be on the FAQ team. This "respect" comes from different angles. I think you have to be correct in your answers to rules questions to be on the FAQ team. I also think you have to have an opinion (sometimes dissagreeing with your peers) to be on the team. I don't decide who is on the team so my opinions are just that.
The Team chooses its own members through a top secret process. :) We do keep an eye out for promising candidates.

Knowing the rules and having an opinion are necessary but not sufficient qualities to be on the team.

The FAQ Team is not infallible though and we appreciate good arguments from all members of the community.

Not all questions need to be answered by a member of the FAQ team. Quite a few questions are answered in the book or in the FAQ and any knowledgeable member can point to those.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Fire missions and forward observers
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 04:44:04 PM »
* Note to the rest of you - DO NOT be like Hal......HAL BAD  :D

I gotta disagree with this statement (after re-reading it over and over, again).

Be like Hal.  If there was anyone worthy of emulation, it is he.  Hal, I totally saw where you were coming from when you wrote your feelings.  I apologized because you were right - I had not, clearly, conveyed my compliment.  As I stated earlier, I have no hard feelings.  Your passion for the game and its community is, as far as I know, unmatched.  Please, keep it that way.  Would that there were more like you.  Keep typing, bud.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!