Author Topic: Alex Bates!!  (Read 13988 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Alex Bates!!
« on: September 12, 2008, 01:21:04 PM »
Alex is soon putting out a line of some minis and other goodness under the Forge of Ice name.  Check out this one:

http://theminiaturespage.com/news/953514/
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Alex Bates!!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 03:15:59 PM »
Not coming up for some reason. 
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 03:26:46 PM »
 It is not working for me either.TMP seems to be down or something.

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 07:20:46 AM »
Heh, thanks for pimping that for me, Joshua!

Yeah, I've started a company, calling it "Forge of Ice".

I was going to do a more formal announcement once I've got some real releases to do, this figure is a Wargods sculpt that the Crocodile Games people are kindly letting me do a single run of, as long as I don't profit from it.

Just a fan sculpt for the fan community of the game - and I think it's awesome that the Croc is supporting their fans' projects like this.

My first "official" releases will be some 28mm scale Pea****s sculpted by Sandra Garrity and four caveman-style primitive hide tents, sculpted by Dan Martinez, Cacique Caribe on TMP.

I just sent the tents off to the casting company (along with $700!!) this afternoon!

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 04:06:47 PM »

My first "official" releases will be some 28mm scale Pea****s sculpted by Sandra Garrity and four caveman-style primitive hide tents, sculpted by Dan Martinez, Cacique Caribe on TMP.

Pea****s?  Sorry, it was the first word that popped into my head that fit...
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 09:59:47 AM »
Yes, the birds name is blocked by our filter.  I'm hoping I didn't steal too much of your thunder Alex, and I'll defer to you when you want to announce the launch, and figure out a way to set up a place for you on the boards.  Go Alex!!

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 11:55:04 AM »
Yes, the birds name is blocked by our filter.  I'm hoping I didn't steal too much of your thunder Alex, and I'll defer to you when you want to announce the launch, and figure out a way to set up a place for you on the boards.  Go Alex!!

What's wrong with peacacks?   ;D
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 12:50:55 PM »
The problem, according to Alex, is that no one has ever sculpted one in pewter!!!   Silly filter.  I'd like some for that RPG scenario where the party is in the nobleman's gardens and the fight breaks out.

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 07:35:11 AM »
Mostly, I just thought that they'd be cool.  I've had an idea for a diorama that they'd look good in for awhile (a Harem/garden).

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 06:41:38 PM »
Alex is stopping order on these tonight I believe, so order fast, they are at less than $4 before shipping O.O

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 07:30:52 PM »
What?  How'd I miss that?  Point me in the right direction, please.

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 03:51:37 AM »
Yep, I've just "officially" closed the ordering period for the Sebeki Crypt Lord.  I only have permission to do a single run of the miniature, so I can't leave the ordering period open indefinitely.

That said, I fully expect that a few of the people who asked me to order one for them will back out, and I'll be getting a few extras for myself anyways (I want to have a couple just for me, and a few others to give away as gifts), so if you missed out and *really* want one, send me an email and I might be able to help you out.

I'll post something shortly detailing the final figure price and shipping costs etc.  I'm a bit overwhelmed by this - the final total is (I think) somewhere around 150 models going out to over 100 people (Aieee!  that'll be a lot of packing and addressing to do!).

The positive response to the miniature has been awesome, and my buddy Tyson who did the sculpt has really appreciated the feedback that he's gotten.

I'll post again shortly, in the next couple of hours I think (it's about 4 AM here right now, I just got home from work, need to shower and eat, then read 100 or so emails... heh...)

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 01:51:10 AM »
187 orders total! WOW!  I'm overwhelmed by the response, literally and figuratively.  Took me forever to wade through all the emails!  :)

So here are the payment details – I can take Paypal at my email address (Alxbates AT Gmail DOT com, or my Yahoo address for those folks who used that one to contact me), or you can mail me a money order to my regular mailing address:

Alex Bates
PO Box 84873
Fairbanks, AK
99708-4873
USA

The total price per figure is - $2.65 per figure.

Yeah, that’s right – two dollars and sixty-five cents per figure.  (187 times two plus 120, divided by 187 = 2.65!!)

I’ll be mailing the figures in padded envelopes… those cost .90 cents apiece, and since I’m buying about 60 of them, I’m passing that expense along to all of ya’ll, the cost of the envelope is already figured into the shipping costs that I’m quoting below.

Shipping in a padded envelope to a US address for ONE Sebeki Crypt Lord will be $2.90.
Each additional Crypt Lord will cost another dollar in shipping.

So, if you live in the USA and you ordered three Sebeki Crypt Lords, it’ll be (2.65 times 3 = 7.95) 7.95 for the Crypt Lords, plus (2.90+1.00+1.00= 4.90) 4.90 for shipping, for a total of 12.85 for the three Crypt Lords and shipping.

I’d really prefer to not have to send out a hundred separate emails and Paypal invoices… if you can’t figure out what your shipping will be, send me another email and I’ll work it out for you.

International shipping is a bit simpler – apparently shipping to the UK, France, and Australia all goes at the same rate for “First Class” packets.  Shipping will be $4.90 for ONE Sebeki Crypt Lord to a UK, French, or Australian mailing address, with 2.50 added per additional Crypt Lord.

Canada is a bit less expensive than overseas – $3.00 for one Sebeki Crypt Lord, with 1.20 added per additional figure.

There were a few people who ordered a relatively large number of Crypt Lords, ordering for their entire gaming groups and that sort of thing – I’ll pack your orders in a flat-rate box instead of an envelope.

And that’s about it!  As soon as enough people have paid for me to cover the cost of casting the figure, I’ll mail him off to the caster.  He estimates about two weeks turnaround for the castings, then (please!) allow me another week to get the castings in the mail and start packing them to mail them off (realistically, I’m probably not going to label 60 boxes in a single sitting…).  So I think it’ll be about a month or five weeks from the time of this posting till you have your Crypt Lord in your hands.

I’ll post more updates as I get them, and thanks again for the enthusiastic response!  If anyone has any questions, please email me – I’m online pretty regularly.  :)

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 05:10:54 AM »
Payment for 2 sent this morning via PayPal. Thanks Alex!

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 06:41:48 AM »
Good show old chap!!