Author Topic: This week in geekdom 9/2  (Read 10829 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: This week in geekdom 9/2
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 03:20:34 PM »
     Does any one remember way back when?  There was a movie called "Hawk the Slayer".  Was a great inspiration for some D&D.  How can you argue with Jack Palance being and evil warlord?

Heard much about it but never saw it.

For Veez...

Apone: All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the Corps!

Sniff!  I live by that every day!

Chronicles of Riddick has been seriously underrated. 

So true... I had heard when it came out they were going to try and make it a franchise... I know about the game and the anime... I was just hoping for another film... Like just what is he going to do now that he "kept what he killed"

Mel

There is definitely room for more story there!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 09:07:09 PM »
Good Lord.  Hawk the Slayer.  I can still remember the elf saying "You are wasting your time and mine" in that cheesy robotic voice.  That was my best man's groomsman's gift, as he loves that movie.

Conan the Barbarian is still the benchmark for all sword and sorcery.  I hear that Rose McGowan is starring in a new Red Sonja movie.  God help us all...
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Wedge

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 03:05:28 PM »
Rose McGowan?!  I didn't know Red Sonja was THAT pastey white!  :-\