Author Topic: Your patience is greatly appreciated  (Read 3612 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Your patience is greatly appreciated
« on: September 01, 2008, 09:11:03 AM »
I apologize to anyone who has been wondering where I have been and why things I have said I would do are taking so long. I have been working my regular job (40 hrs a week and OT) and substitute teaching at the school I was a Teacher's Aide/Substitute last spring. I have a list of things I need to do for some of you here and I promise to get all the tasks done - I only ask that you be patient as I try to get it all wrapped up.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Your patience is greatly appreciated
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 10:51:53 AM »
Yeah yeah, how long will it take to learn patience???
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 11:30:09 AM »

or, as this is a WARRR () forum :

Origin of "Patience is a virtue":

From "Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings" by Gregory Y. Titelman (Random House, New York, 1996): "Patience is a virtue. The ability to wait for something without excessive frustration is a valuable character trait. The proverb has been traced back to 'Piers Plowman' (1377) by William Langland and is similar to the Latin, Maxima enim..patientia virtus (Patience is the greatest virtue) and the French, Patience est une grant vertu. (Patience is a great value.) Some ten years after Langland, Chaucer wrote in 'The Canterbury Tales' (1386) that 'Patience is a high virtue.' Sometimes followed by the wry rejoinder 'but virtue can hurt you.' First cited in the United States in 1724 in the 'Works of Thomas Chalkley' (1766)..."
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 05:05:34 PM »
Nice - karma to Nick ;D
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 09:51:50 PM »
Excellently said NTN

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 06:11:54 AM »
I just hit his applaud button, as I've no patience to respond otherwise.   :D
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 06:36:07 AM »
TopKick -

It's all good.  Life comes before fun...well, at least it should be in that order, but sometimes it's nice to eat dessert before the actual meal.  Geez, I'm hedging my response like I'm a politician trying to be re-elected.
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson