Author Topic: Algeroth/Semai troops - Models  (Read 5474 times)

Offline JonatanRaven

Algeroth/Semai troops - Models
« on: August 19, 2008, 08:42:26 AM »
Ok, so I'm still pretty new to the game, in fact we've only actually played once to test the game but we have bought a lot of figures.

So here's my question:

For Algeroth, there are two grunt troops, Neronian Legionnaires and Necrotyrants. For the Neronian Legionnaires I will be using Undead Legionaire-models most probably but what to use for the Necrotyrants? Necromutants? I haven't seen any models representing necrotyrants anywhere and what description there is in the UWC manual doesn't really say much.

Similarly for Semai, I've got a few Heretic Legionnaires but I don't know what to use for Dissidents. It's not a biggie really, I'll probably just get some random modern/sci-fi models to use as proxies for either but it would be nice to know if there ever was any dedicated models for them.
Quoth the Raven Nevermore!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Algeroth/Semai troops - Models
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 08:49:21 AM »
The general consensus for the Neronian Legionaires are the newer boxed (spikey) undead legionnaires.  For the Necrotyrants I used some newer (yet strangely smaller) Necromutants (available on Prince August) and the Necromutant from the afore mentioned boxed set.

I also used Void 1.1 Tactial Araktons for Neronian Legionnaires-I felt the looked more elite and the boxed ones as Cursed Legionnairs-they fit the fluff better with their skull heads IMHO.  I am a minority in this and am not looking to cause and waves over it with the foul non-believer heretics who don't follow my near-genius opinion. ;D
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Wedge

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 11:47:14 AM »
The Heretic legionnaires are the bald guys with pants, some kind of loin cloth over the pants, bare chest, and holding a Kratach AR across their chest.  The dissidents (who used to also be heretics in 2nd Ed.) are the guys with open sleeveless jackets with high collars, algeroth symobled mohawks on their heads, and a pistol and dagger in their hands which are raised up at their sides.

Hope that helps.

Offline JonatanRaven

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 07:15:50 PM »
Yeah, only problem is that the only blisters available with heretics and dissidents are 2 of each and I really don't need that many, that's why I'll proxy them. I'm considering using other 28 mm random modern/sci-fi minis to represent heretics and have the heretics/dissidents represent the dissidents (did that make sense? lol).

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 03:53:07 AM »
This has been a thorn in most of our sides; I wound up having to convert Neronian Legionnaires to create enough Heretic Legionnaires.  There really aren't a lot of good proxies, but I would reccomend perhaps the Void 1.1 VASA Marines, available on Scotia Grendel's website.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline JonatanRaven

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 04:46:31 AM »
I'm more looking at these ones (from http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/range.php?range=FW )

Pretty unsure about the scale though..

For heretics:

Here's a few zombie soldiers that might come in handy:

EDIT: Foundry also has some nice models in their Street Violence range http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/SV/index.asp
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 05:12:50 AM by JonatanRaven »

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 05:25:26 AM »
I like the zombie soldiers the most of all the above. Others pretty good also.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline JonatanRaven

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 09:32:00 AM »
Yeah, well, I'm considering the first, fourth and fifth from the top most. They look kind of heretic. lol