Author Topic: come play with the 4-state militia  (Read 11454 times)

Offline troy-the-just

Re: come play with the 4-state militia
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 07:06:29 AM »
thats a good point, or summer.  fall can be tough with school starting and the holidays around the corner.  i have no problem fixing a date for a midwest showdown for somtime in early to midsummer, which would give us plenty of time to work on the details and provide a smoother tournament.  I think the first thing we would need to agree on is where to play.

that being said, if there is ever a small group of 3-4 or whatever that want to come down to the 4-states for a weekend, we can assure room and board, and a place to play with only a couple of months notice, or even less if you are closer.  we tend to play every 4-6 weeks more or less, and always welcome new players.

dog if we do something bigger down here with like 10 plus people coming, I bet I sould swing little mooremans to play at for free, if we spring for some sort of catered food from him, he could do meat and cheese and sides for like $5 a piece or so.  he would provide a bartender, cash bar, and plenty of tables and privacy and we wouldnt have to clean up.  plus it is pretty close to our homes, or the universtiy inn if people want a hotel.  if we get enough people that would be sweet.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 05:42:56 PM »
     That works for me troy.  Moporeman's would be great as all the co-eds would be roaming around and "gazing" is always fun!!!! ;D

What about gorilla con?  its early spring, and we shoul;d have no problem dominating the Mini room.  Plus, there would be options for others to play other games.  Just a thought.  I would say that, or something in the fall, as this would be less conflicting with all the con's going on in the summer.  Honestly, I don't care when, as long as we get some cool player to game wiith.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 08:22:37 AM »
ill check on gorilla con, if i recall its in January?

if we did mooremans, he woudl keep the little bar private for us, of course once your army is obligerated, you could go look at the coeds, are ask nicely, and he will put the dance floor on the big screen for us to view and save the walk.  hate for ya to get obliterated twice. ;)

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 04:24:40 PM »
ok, just for fun.  who would be interested in coming down here to play in say october, than sometime next summer?  we meet in 3 weeks and some info would be good for discussion.  if we are talking about 4-5, i can put them up at Unruh Hall, anymore will take some planning

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008, 03:16:54 PM »
So let it be written, so let it be done!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 06:54:39 PM »
ok, just for fun.  who would be interested in coming down here to play in say october, than sometime next summer?  we meet in 3 weeks and some info would be good for discussion.  if we are talking about 4-5, i can put them up at Unruh Hall, anymore will take some planning

Where in specific again.... and depending on finances, you might, *might* have Gun-moll and I.  We are looking to go out to the Edwardsville area sometime in October.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2008, 06:39:15 AM »

Where in specific again.... and depending on finances, you might, *might* have Gun-moll and I.  We are looking to go out to the Edwardsville area sometime in October.

We were talking about Pittsburg, Kansas.  Its about an hour to an hour and a half south of K.C.  I'm not sure where Edwardsville is, but we are open to meeting at any Neutral spot with people for some gaming.   Top and I have dicussed meeting half way between us on several occasions. 

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 08:12:40 AM »
The Edwardsville Archer is referrring to is probably Edwardsville, IL. It is near St Louis and home to SIUE a state college and sister campus to SIUC in Carbondale where I hang out. It is approximately an hour from where I live. Incidently it is also near the home of two gaming cons - Archon and DieCon in Collinsville, IL. One is in the spring and the other is in the fall. I haven't gone for awhile but that was due to work. Coldthunder knows some of the organizers and has a good working relationship with them. Older forumites might remember the thread where Coldthunder ran his events, my events and another guys because work prevented me from attending and the other guy's father had a heart attack which kept him from running.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2008, 12:36:24 PM »
The Edwardsville Archer is referrring to is probably Edwardsville, IL.

Correct sir.  There is debate on our going out there for other events but who knows.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 07:46:06 AM »
I guess what we really need to due is figure out when and roughly how many so we can get this organized.  I would like to avoid interfering with Talamania and any bid cons that some of you guys run games at.  With a month or two notice the 4-State Milita can do just about anything.