Author Topic: come play with the 4-state militia  (Read 11203 times)

Offline troy-the-just

come play with the 4-state militia
« on: July 31, 2008, 06:28:47 PM »
hey guys

we are located in se kansas and sw mo.  if anyone is interested in coming down for a weekened and playing with or against us, we can offer free room and board, and probably free whiskey and beer, plus a good place to play!  certainly worth the cost of gas, if you are interested let us know.  of if you want to meet somewhere in the middle, hit us up.  we are pretty good guys, love to drink and have fun, just getting  a little (but not too) tired of kicking the crap out of each other.

troy

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
Re: come play with the 4-state militia
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 08:11:40 PM »
Deejam...

Where do you all usually meet up?   Denver to SE Kansas should not be more than about 6 hours, plus minus a bit. 
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 08:31:15 PM »
I have talked to several people (Dog-O-War, Spagg, Roach Company {Manitou Joe}, the Ohio Gang, and the rest of the Boys From Illinois) about having a Midwest Shootout - kinda like Talamania but more centrally located. We got the game space in Southern Illinois but are short of crash space at the moment. If you got the gaming space for up to 5 or 6 games to be played simultaneously and have crash space for about 10 people, then you may be the Shangri-La we seek. People could fly into St Louis or KC and then drive or just drive in. If a mutually agreeable weekend can be reached then I think that it is entirely possible for all the " Boys" to make an appearance possibly even with a bit of terrain. Biggest drawback to this plan is no Philly Death Fries.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 11:14:24 AM »
I'll be talking to Troy about putting something together.  More to come.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 11:52:27 AM »
Should we invite the coasties?  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 12:00:30 PM »
TopkickCon?  The Dog-o-War Throwdown?  I'm a start lookin' at some maps and seeing if trains run out that way.  I'm long overdue for a vacation.  Give us plenty of notice!!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 01:40:52 PM »
depending on when it is, I might be up to something like that...especially since my wife's family lives in central Illinois and it would be more or less on the way...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 01:58:10 PM »
Quote from: Topkick link=topic=5043.msg35448#msg35448 date=
Biggest drawback to this plan is no Philly Death Fries.

Care for the recipe?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 09:07:47 PM »
chili, cheese, hot sauce...yum...

if I go out there I could make y'all some Texas 5 alarm chili...see if you northerner can handle something like that...

B...

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 09:58:20 PM »
@ Josh -
Not TopkickCon. This is gonna be a 4 Stater gig so the honor of the name should be theirs. Ozark Mountains Massacre might be a good name....if the Ozarks extend that far west.

@ DMcGee -
You show up and  I'll buy the ingredients IF you'll pretend to be Gordon Ramsey.

@ Sylvas -
As much as I love spicy food and chilli in particular it might not be the best food to serve a bunch of guys who will be in an enclosed space gaming for a couple of days.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 10:02:12 PM by Topkick »

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 05:33:16 AM »

As much as I love spicy food and chilli in particular it might not be the best food to serve a bunch of guys who will be in an enclosed space gaming for a couple of days.

agreed...just have to set up the tables outside then...

B...

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 06:11:15 AM »
Should we invite the coasties?  ;D

Go for it...

Depending on Finances and crap, perhaps the 99th Striker (aka The Machine) can make an appearance. :o :o ;) ;)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 07:13:30 AM »
I have talked to several people (Dog-O-War, Spagg, Roach Company {Manitou Joe}, the Ohio Gang, and the rest of the Boys From Illinois) about having a Midwest Shootout - kinda like Talamania but more centrally located. We got the game space in Southern Illinois but are short of crash space at the moment. If you got the gaming space for up to 5 or 6 games to be played simultaneously and have crash space for about 10 people, then you may be the Shangri-La we seek. People could fly into St Louis or KC and then drive or just drive in. If a mutually agreeable weekend can be reached then I think that it is entirely possible for all the " Boys" to make an appearance possibly even with a bit of terrain. Biggest drawback to this plan is no Philly Death Fries.

hmm.  Just thinking out loud... We could host the tourny in my office, that would give us two twelve by four tables to play on, plus plenty of bathrooms and fridge, micro etc., bathrooms, and locally situated close to several bars.  the crash space is a bit more complicated.  Our normal playing spot is my empty apartment above the garage, i could move the table out of the living room for crash space.  its a 700 plus square foot efficiency, with a queen bed, and have a couple of airmattresses we could throw down, I could reasonably get 4 guys in there. 

if we are talking plenty of notice this may get kicked into the spring, to avoid the winter down here, which is prone to start anytime after halloween.

I beleive there is train service into Kansas City which is 2-3 hours away.

We are also up to traveling somewhere in between, be it KC, Springfield MO or whatever, but that is a whole new logistics.  But I think it is worth the attempt.  if we agree on a spot and a tentative weekend, I am happy to do some checking into facilities etc.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 01:07:20 PM »
What Troy said.   If enough or anybdy is interested we can make ot doable.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline aoi cobalt

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 03:49:30 AM »
I'd like to get together with you guys again, and meet more of you.

if we are talking plenty of notice this may get kicked into the spring, to avoid the winter down here, which is prone to start anytime after halloween.

But isn't spring when Talamania is? Shouldn't the central meet up be during the fall, to give people time to plan to go to both?
"Bring your best dice or bring a good brick." - Thom