Author Topic: Mutant Chronicles...NCMG?  (Read 11872 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Mutant Chronicles...NCMG?
« on: July 03, 2008, 03:25:57 PM »
Not really a collectable game anymore so what do you call it?

Anyhoo, more bitterness for the pot, I visted a FLGS and they had demo figs; both were concepts stolen from Warzone and I don't remember seeing them in the original Warzone soucebooks.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Glenn M

Re: Mutant Chronicles...NCMG?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 04:47:14 PM »
If I recall correctly they changed this due to complaints about it being a CMG, and have changed it to be more like their Living Card Game, so I imagine it'll be a LMG.  As in Light Machine Gun . . .

Anyways, not sure what you mean Veez.  I know very little of Warzone other than the figures I bought for AEtherverse.  What do you mean Warzone Concepts that aren't in the books?

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 05:20:22 PM »
Hmm... they are using the UWZ as a sourcebook actually. :)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 05:24:45 PM »
If I recall correctly they changed this due to complaints about it being a CMG, and have changed it to be more like their Living Card Game, so I imagine it'll be a LMG.  As in Light Machine Gun . . .

Anyways, not sure what you mean Veez.  I know very little of Warzone other than the figures I bought for AEtherverse.  What do you mean Warzone Concepts that aren't in the books?

Well.... if I were to hazard a guess from some of the figures listed on their site, I think the following might be some of them...

Freedom Brigadier Sergeant (while in the rules, no figure made)
Fury Elite Templar and Bishop (hinted at in the old books)
Mortificator Shadow ( seem to recall a plan to add to the Mortificators- its sorta where the Redemption Assassin idea came from in 1st( ie: more ninjas.) )

As for what else is out there for them, I could not tell ya without seeing more of the figs.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 05:38:32 PM »
Yeah, Tony has stated he uses the UWZ book as reference as it is quite the compilation.  I fail to see why this would bother people let's face it, if they are making a Mutant Chronicles game, why wouldn't they use materials like that?

Anyways, I have full intentions of buying the starter and some Brotherhood, perhaps some Bauhaus in the future as well.  Now that it is not a CMG, I am much happier throwing some money at them.

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »
The fact that they are using UWZ book, couldn't have made me happier! I think only good can come out of FFGs involvement. :) And I'll definitely try out the Ice Golem and Tekron Warmaster for Warzone  ;D

Zeke7200

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 06:52:57 AM »
What do you all think about their miniatures being on the 54mm scale as opposed to 25-30mm? I am not really sure how weird that will look compared to the old minis.  Hey look my Mitch Hunter is as big as your Vulkan battlesuit. ;D

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 12:36:42 PM »
Ahoy. The Mutant Chronicles CMG is no more...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=499

The first big failure of FFG it seems. I really like the new minis they had planned as well.. And there even was Semai, Imperial, Mishima and even Cybertronic in the works. I'm glad they are releasing the last set though, it makes it a solid and complete game at least.

I think it was a fun game that stood on it's own. And this was never the warzone license right?

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 01:07:49 PM »
while this is sad news for the life of MC i knew this game would eventually fail.  I was so excited to see that a new MC games was coming, then when i saw the scale and style of game... i knew i would never buy any... when i saw the Salvatore Nikodemus figure i was deeply disturbed.. no character at all... anyway, again sad to see it go, but now someone needs to make it the great game Thom had created... someone needs to take up the torch, and well frankly CLEANSE the foes of the Brotherhood!  *cough cough* ahem ..anyway...

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 01:46:58 PM »
I mean, when you have the UWZ you really don't need any other games, but I thought the FFG version was a very cool boardgame in the veins of Siege and Fury. The size and prices definitely turned people away from it. Are there any 54mm games out there that have had any success? I only know of Inqusitor by GW, but I think that ones defunct as well.

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 01:59:52 PM »
ya i think it's all but dead now as well... my thought was always either get Kev White as sculpter, or (and i KNOW this is a LONg shot) Privateer press needs a true sci-fi game :P  I know they are busy relaunching WM mkII.. but they have some talented people there.

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 02:15:17 PM »
The only thing good about that game from FFG IMHO is it may have introduced someone to the MC world we all love. That person may search online for other MC stuff and forums, that person may find us here. Maybe someday I will be sitting across the table from that person playing the real Warzone/Chronopia we all love. One can only speculate right now.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 02:24:03 PM »
The only thing good about that game from FFG IMHO is it may have introduced someone to the MC world we all love. That person may search online for other MC stuff and forums, that person may find us here. Maybe someday I will be sitting across the table from that person playing the real Warzone/Chronopia we all love. One can only speculate right now.

this is so true... as long as this community stays strong and friendly towards newcomers, Warzone and chronpia will NEVER truely die.

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 02:44:05 PM »
I have heard many times that it was a great game, but the figure quality was pretty bad IMO, but I may pick up some super cheap soon.

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 03:27:39 PM »
They should have done what they know everything about and made a board game, where you only need to buy one box with everything in it... But they wanted to break into the miniature market and they kind of used MC as an experiment. I still think the game is very much alike a board game (more like chess with guns).