Author Topic: Hunting Dwarves....  (Read 6219 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Hunting Dwarves....
« on: June 12, 2008, 04:21:17 PM »
  High up on the ridge overlooking the Valley of Reading, the Magister gazed upon the dwellings within and nodded to himself.  "It is time to strike once more at the Dwarves...  they have been quiet for far too long to let lie for they would ruin what aye below without thought.."  Stepping down from his perch, he made his way back into his his Tower and down into the War Room where one of his Knights stood..

"Sigurd, I need you to lead the first Host down into the plains outside of the Valley and smash what faces you; the Dwarves have been quiet as of late... too quiet which means they likely march upon us...."

A half bow.  "Of course, Magister...  Should they march upon us, the dwarven slavers shall reap the pain that is Our People's Vengeance," the Repulsar Knight said gravely.  "If they are not in our path, we shall strike for Fishtown once more."

A solemn nod at the words.  "Very good, Sigurd; Prepare your war-host for you march at false dawn."

As the Repulsar Knight left the war-room, The Magister stood at his map-board and waited the span of thirty heartbeats.  "Mak... " He said to the air, "ensure he does not be surprised.  Too many of our knights were blind to threats most others would see." 

A whisper of cloth and a low hiss answered him.  "Yes my liege...  he will not be caught unawares.  I and my brothers shall strive to see that such does not occur."  The shadows of the rooms corner moved and a slight scrape of stone was heard as a sliding panel shifted to allow the Night-walker out.

Waiting another thirty heartbeats, the Magister looked over to the corner then back to the the map of the area and nodded.  ~Yes....  the Wolf Clan has been far too quiet as of late.  Perhaps my hunting them will still them up and perhaps not.  In either case...  they have not suffered enough to satiate the demands of Honor or the cries for Vengeance unaswered....~

Ok Josh....  when are you available and can you make the trek this way?  My EZPAss is currently being replaced and money is a touch tight still.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Hunting Dwarves....
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 09:07:55 AM »
Hm.  I've spent all the money I would save on a car by getting my roof fixed, the drainage in the basement fixed, and two armies painted from Brand X.  You are welcome to come over anytime you like, or we can find a place half way sometime.  Maybe Abington Games would be closer to the half way for both of us.  I could catch a train there, if we coordinate and make sure a table is available.

Nice story by the way.  You're due for a beatdown after the last one you gave me.  Axes are being sharpened right now...
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 09:43:45 AM »
Hm.  I've spent all the money I would save on a car by getting my roof fixed, the drainage in the basement fixed, and two armies painted from Brand X.  You are welcome to come over anytime you like, or we can find a place half way sometime.  Maybe Abington Games would be closer to the half way for both of us.  I could catch a train there, if we coordinate and make sure a table is available.

The perils of home ownership.  Understood

I'll see what I can do about heading down that way to Abington.  Been meaning to invade it at some point...  Unless we try to meet one night at Prime's and let him 'n Gun-Moll get laughs at our expense. :)

Nice story by the way.  You're due for a beatdown after the last one you gave me.  Axes are being sharpened right now...

Thank you very much sir.  I always try for a bit of fluff in all games.  Makes 'em more fun that way.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 11:23:23 AM »
I'm as fluffy as I am flakey.   :P
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA