Author Topic: army ideas  (Read 14946 times)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
army ideas
« on: September 21, 2005, 05:41:22 PM »
ok I got a dark tusk army (my main army) and swamp goblin force.
for a fun project I thinking of doing a kinda themed army.

I have two ideas:
1. evil dwarf army nothing but risen dwarvens both melee and missle add a jackel scout and necromancer or maybe a soulflayer(as a evil totem).

2.ripper beast force. Nothing but ripperbeast melee and archers and maybe a goblin chariot.
kind of a gengis khan army. very quick force to play, if terrain is right you pick which unit you want to fight.

what do you guys think.
do any of ideas have a chance of winning.
do any of these sound fun to play or play against.

-steve
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: army ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 06:24:28 PM »
I've been kicking around the Blackblood Army that was massacred at Malika Pass. Most of the figs are already released and I've talked to Thom about making a Risen Kutara Lancer, a Risen Troll, and a Devout version of Baal BUr The Ogre leader of that army.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 06:30:21 PM »
Roach Company has an all Goblin army, perhaps he will share his findings. As for the themed army idea...I like it.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 05:34:40 AM »
Undead Ogres would rock.  I've derived great enjoyment pummelin' Dalton's Ogre Elite with my Dwarves.  I'm imagining being able to RAISE them with my Devout....

The all Ripper Beast army would be really fun, I'd like to play it and against it.

Your risen dwarf army should have a pdf on this site; I'm sure others would want to try it like the Topaz Scorpion Elves pdf that was on the old site.  With some new baddies of course for the Jackal Clan.  They need somethin' in addition to the scout and X-bows.  Another grunt unit of some kind, with Hide of course. 

masherking & Topkick--all these ideas of yours should be put down this way, even if there aren't sculpts yet.  Go for it.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 07:02:51 AM »
yeah I'm leaning towards a mongolian (god I hope I spelled that right) goblin army.
I've really liked the idea of all warg rider force since the days I read them in LOR and a ripper beast army is damn close to it.

***warning going on tangent***
Sadly, though I love lots of the minis for chronpia I would have really wished for a more warg'ish looking model.
though I could buy that other company's warg riders (very nice models but yessh the price!)  I 'd rather put my money and suppport to EE.
                ***back on topic***

so far going with numbers in my head.
need to double check the points

1000pt army.
12  ripper riders
6   ripper archers
one goblin chariot.

I think the trick is archers, as many as the force could have. with the low model count you dont want your force to be bog down in HtH. move like a butterfly sting like a bee.

the up side of this force less models for me to paint....now that I think of it a hord of death chickens may not be that bad looking. hmmmmm...need a good paint scheme.

thom: If I do the undead dwarf army (damn that does sound cool.) it be done the halloween color scheme like the other devout I traded you.
   .....damn that would be a sharp looking force.

a very rough list:
need to double check for points.

something like 19 risen dwarves
                        8   risen x-bow dwarvens
and I think theres enough points for a jackel scout and a necromancer(maybe one coverted to look dwarfish muhahahahah..) with a few spells.

topkick: hmmmm...and evil undead orc army vrs. evil undead dwarf army.
                                                   face-off of the century!!!!

how would you all make the list.
what theme armies have you done or think of doing.

-steve

« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 07:08:14 AM by masherking »

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 07:21:23 AM »
masher--I suggest a ripper beast captain and standard bearer.  These could be easily converted, although the change in unit structure would be best left to EE.  I think they would sell like hotcakes if they were available. 

As for my Dwarven force, I don't want J. P.'s Firstborn to know what I'm fieldin' until after the con!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Goldwyrm

• Journeyman
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 07:51:41 AM »
Steve,
You should consider the Goblin Myrmadon too for an all Goblin force.  I was just doing an inventory on my Blackblood army last night. Among my collection I've got 2 Goblin Myrmadons, a Goblin chariot, 3 Ripper beast lancers, and 5 Ripper beast archers.   You still down the road from me? Anyway, sometime later this year when I've got more time I'd be willing to host a Chronopia game at my place. It might be fun to run a Goblin rebellion against the rest of the Blackbloods or a fight against some Firstborn with a mounted knight and chariot.
Later,
Mike L.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 08:03:27 AM »
hi mike

yeah that sounds like a good idea.
we could post a report of the rebellion
yes I still live down the road from you.
you still have my number?

damn that means I'm going to have to buy some rippers beast sooner then later.
are your rippers painted and if not are they up for trade.

-steve
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 02:28:15 PM by masherking »

Offline Goldwyrm

• Journeyman
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 10:25:32 AM »
Steve,
I'm not home so I don't know if I have your number written down. I do have your email so I'll send you a note tonight if I can't find your number.
Thanks,
Mike

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 11:47:06 AM »
send me an e-mail.
I'm not going to be home tonight (very really on tues. and thursday).

man this might  bring me to paint my minis again...well this and my halfway done 1000pt cartel mr. smith army (nothing but agents )

-steve

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 02:28:59 PM »
I can't wait to be able to put together a Firstborn mounted army that will be totally cool. And with the release of Cm The FB will finally get a mounted unit to go with the rest of the totally awsome mounted troops We already have. Ohh The site of that will rule.
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 02:44:56 PM »
an all mounted first born army. that sounds kinda bad-a*s.

wonder what the chronomacer would ride (psycodelic time traveling horse) :P

wonder if the mongolian ripper beast army led by great a glorious KHAN!! would stand a chance.......of course they would it is lead by the Great and Glorious KHAN!!! all will bow before him in good time...yes all in good time.
Muhahahahaahaha!

hmmmm...I wonder what it would take to convince Thom that mongolian ripper beast lancers and archers sculpted in mid-charge (with a mount that looks less of a plucked chicken and more wargish ;)) are most have to incress his profit line....yes I wonder.

-steve

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 03:02:42 PM »
I have an idea for the ultimate mounted army - Mounted Blackbloods with an Alchemist on a flying carpet. Think of it Kutara Lancers, Double Mounted Kutaras, Rippr Beast Lancers, Ripper Beast Archers, Goblin Myrmadons, and Ogre Myrmadons.  :o DId I forget anyone?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 04:13:22 PM »
dear topkick.

What can I say about the alchemist on flying carpet idea........IT ROCKs.

Man that would look way kool on the battle field but yeesssh I sure dont want to face one unless I have flyers of my own.

-Steve

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 04:22:40 PM »
Thanks but I am just passing on an idea I read on the old forum. I can't remember who originally came up with the Alchemist on Flying Carpet but like you I think it rocks