Author Topic: Origins 2008 Events  (Read 6232 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Origins 2008 Events
« on: April 05, 2008, 04:51:45 PM »
Evetns have been submitted for Origins 2008. Hope to see some or most of you there.

Warzone Events
Prison Break
General Alpha 762980G has been captured by Bauhaus and has been placed in Research Stalaag  649C. Cybertronic leaders have asked their top 4 strategist to get him home for a debriefing or at least leave no trace of his existence. All you have to do is get through the maximum security Prison and its defenses, find the General, and leave. Simple isn’t it! All materials will be provided and rules will be taught.
Thursday 26 June 14:00 hrs (2 PM)

Operation Boomerang
After the failure of negotiations between the giant mega-corporations of Capitol and Imperial, open conflict between the two has begun.  As the Cartel do their best to find a way to cease the hostilities between the two before the other major mega-corporations find a way to get involved, fighting has broken out all throughout Mars, and the city of San Dorado is no the site of some of the fiercest fighting.  In the outskirts of the Capitol capital, Imperial troops have managed to overrun a Capitol position and capture Colonel Edward Frank, a member of Capitol high command that was reviewing troops at the frontline as Imperial forces launched an assault over into the Capitol side of the city.  Now, as Imperial commanders are preparing to transport the colonel back to Imperial territory as a prisoner of war, Capitol agents locate the position of the colonel, and the Capitol commander draw up Operation Boomerang to retrieve the colonel before he can be taken into Imperial territory to be interrogated fully.
Thursday 26 June 19:00 hrs (7 PM)

Over the Top
The life of a common grunt trooper is a daily grind of shelling, bombardment, and survival despite the best efforts of the enemy and the attempts of the high commanders to gain just a few more meters of ground in the trenches. 
Friday 27 June 10:00 hrs (10 AM)

Zombie Hunt
A Dark Legion Citadel has been discovered in the ruined remains of a major city. You have just successfully assaulted it and are now trying to escape before you hunted down. Kill as many zombies as you can as you make your way to the exit.
Friday 27 June 14:00 hrs (2 PM)
Sunday 29 June 12:00 hrs (12 PM)

Evac
Contrary to the Luna Accords, a rival faction or perhaps an insidious strike from the Dark Legion itself, has just carpet bombed the city in which you were operating. The entire area has become radioactive. As such, your mission has been canceled as you will now need to fight against your environment just to stay alive! As the ground begins to glow and the air becomes heavy, a transmission comes across the com link. “Get to high ground”, the Cartel is sending in choppers to evac any survivors to safety. Right on the heels of this transmission comes a new order, collect a sample of this new weapon for analysis and eliminate anyone who tries to prevent you from accomplishing this new goal.
Friday 27 June 16:00 hrs (4 PM)
Saturday 28 June 20:00 hrs (8 PM)

Urban Assault
A Dark Legion Citadel has been discovered in the ruined remains of a major city. In order to put a successful assault together the Cartel has organized the best that the corporations have to offer. To get the team battle ready and to learn how to work together they have arranged a training exercise within a recently bombed out city near the Citadel.
Friday 27 June 20:00 hrs (8 PM)
Saturday 28 June 16:00 hrs (4 PM)

Railyard Raid
Tensions have been running high of late between the corporations of Capitol and Imperial in the Martian city of San Dorado.  The actions of a rogue Capitol agent and a band of conspirators have brought the two mega-corporations to the brink of open war.  As negotiations between the two powers are going on, Imperial agents have discovered that Capitol have been moving men and materiel from a small and secret rail yard deep within Capitol territory inside the city, materiel including the devastating Orca battlesuits.  Imperial high command has decided to infiltrate an elite force through hostile territory to stop the transit of the powerful Orca before they can be used against them.
Saturday 28 June 12:00 hrs (12 PM)

Chronopia Events
Boarding Action
Control of the Inland Sea is vital in the struggle for supremacy in Chronopia. All nations have established a naval presence and actively seek to destroy any enemy vessels encountered. Players will control a ship in a round robin format to determine who controls this vital ocean.  All materials will be provided and rules will be taught.
Thursday 26 June 14:00 hrs (2 PM)
Friday 27 June 19:00 hrs (7 PM)
Saturday 28 June 18:00 hrs (6 PM)

Altar of Life and Death
Long before the enslavement of humanity, the Untamed had an altar they used for their most sacred ceremonies. Some tribes tapped the power of the relic to remain young and strong in the service of the land. Other tribes used it to punish their enemies. The use of the relic depended upon the season and beliefs of the tribe activating the altar. The three tribes, known as the Sons of Kronos,  have learned that the altar may still exist. All wish to recover it for their own purpose - good or evil. All materials will be provided and rules will be taught.
Thursday 26 June 19:00 hrs (7 PM)

Water Rights
Your war-band is thirsty and you spy an oasis. The only problem is your opponent has found it to. As you approach you discover a third problem. It has already been claimed. In order to keep your war-band alive they must fight off all opposition to claim your prize.
Thursday 26 June 22:00 hrs (10 PM)
Saturday 28 June 12:00 hrs (12 PM)

Peace Talks
Having been at odds for countless cycles but still being of the same kin, the SOK Shadow Tribe and Tribe of the Dawn, have agreed to sit down at a summit and work through their differences. To oversee this summit, the esteemed Firstborn Judge Jean-Luc the Pious, and his small federation of personal guards, are making the arduous journey to a Firstborn outpost at the edge of the borderlands. Why would the Shadow Tribe agree to such an apparently bias mediator? Well, the Shadow Tribe has no intention of talking at all. This is just an elaborate ruse to draw Jean-Luc the Pious into the open and fall into a trap set by the Devout!
Friday 27 June 10:00 hrs (10 AM)
Saturday 28 June 14:00 hrs (2 PM)

Supply Run
Everyone must admit that an army travels on its stomach. This army has been traveling on beans and grain. It’s a dark night and a scout has answered your pleas. On the edge of the boarder is a farmhouse loaded with chickens, pigs, sheep, goats, and ducks just a few rods away. You have been marching hard and fast, you don’t have any idea where the enemy is. Do you risk the effort to strengthen your men with meat, or leave it for the enemy to find? All materials will be provided and rules will be taught.
Friday 27 June 16:00 hrs (4 PM)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 01:23:59 PM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Origins 2008 Events
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 06:15:15 PM »
Nice scenarios-always one of your strong points!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 06:59:55 PM »
Thank you for the kind words but they are misplaced. Traditionally the Midwest Crusaders write and playtest their own events. Then they are submitted to me and I tighten up the fluff a bit and assemble a schedule. After that I enter them on the Origins forms and submit them to GAMA. You need to give credit to Stalker (Evac and Peace Talks), The One King (Zombie Hunt, Water Rights and Urban Assault), Sylvas (Operation Boomerang, Railyard Raid, and Over the Top Boys) , and Coldthunder (Prison Break, Altar of Life and Death, and Supplyy Run). The only event that is mine from start to finish this year is Boarding Action
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 11:13:06 PM »
Thanks for sharing the love Top! You're a class act.   ;)
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 11:50:41 PM »
Hey Top,

What time is Alter of Life and Death scheduled to run? It's conflicting the way it is currently listed.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 01:24:50 PM »
My bad Bro. It was supposed to be 19:00 hrs (7PM)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 01:26:03 PM »
Thanks for sharing the love Top! You're a class act.   ;)

Just speaking the truth...you guys deserve the credit you are due.

Offline Fremen

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 07:31:41 PM »
These sound awesome!  I wish I could make it to Origins.  Someday!  Oh yes, someday I will go.

I want to play every single one of these  ;D

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 09:27:19 PM »
These sound awesome!  I wish I could make it to Origins.  Someday!  Oh yes, someday I will go.

I want to play every single one of these  ;D

Thanks for the kind words. Where are you from Talon that Origins is not a possibility for you? Perhaps you can connect with others from this forum, and still be able to play these scenarios or others just as good. Everyone on this forum is very creative at coming up with good scenarios!

Offline Fremen

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 08:00:03 PM »
I am in the desert in Arizona (Tucson) and Origins is a little inconvenient logistically.  Honestly, there have been other logistic complications to playing anything at all (my wife and I have 2 year old twins), but I am hoping that as they get older, I'll be able to reclaim some of my time.  As it is now, my free time comes late at night, so that mostly means I paint.

I take great comfort for this forum and the great energy and inspiration that you guys put forth. 

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 12:41:58 PM »
Family friends live at Lake Havaseu and Mom usually goes out once or twice a year. I may have to pack a few armies next time and look you up. Won't be for a while but something else to add to the long range calander.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 03:38:03 AM »
I am in the desert in Arizona (Tucson)

Suddenly your Dune references here and on RPG Bomb make complete sense.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!