Author Topic: Savage Worlds Mutant Chronicles  (Read 6891 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Savage Worlds Mutant Chronicles
« on: April 16, 2008, 12:24:50 PM »
I'm posting a link to a site that has a pdf of material for roleplaying in the Warzone world with the Savage Worlds game system.  I know our crowd is a little older, mostly tabletop players, and we may not have many roleplayers left, but for those interested, Savage Worlds is a hell of a lot of fun, and plays closer to what Chronopia/Warzone would play like mechanics wise.  You feel like it's a tabletop game during the combats!!

You'll find the pdf under Mutant Chronicles.  I know the Warzone game came from the Mutant Chronicles RPG, but Savage Worlds has stolen my heart and I had to post.

http://savage.lythia.com/subpages/conversions.html
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
Re: Savage Worlds Mutant Chronicles
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 09:42:06 PM »
What is this "Savage Worlds" you speak of?  You must remember I'm consigned to the crotch of the bilble belt with nothing but corn and wheat to look at. ;D
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 06:21:22 AM »
Savage Worlds is an award winning roleplaying/tabletop game put out by Pinnacle Entertainment Group.  It was and still is, the engine that drove the Deadlands game, and now it's an rpg that has completely stolen my heart.  The system handles every genre from fantasy, to modern, to horror/cthulu, to sci-fi, all with the same mechanic.  Obviously the settings change a few skills and weapons and such, but the mechanic is consistent.

I don't know how many roleplayers are left around here, but if any are interested, you need only spend ten bucks for the pdf Savage Explorer's Edition, and about five bucks for a setting toolkit, and you're off to the races.  The bound copies are a little more. 

The combats remind me of Chronopia in our fantasy game we run on Sundays.  If any system is considered for running a game of Mutant Chronicles or a fantasy rpg in Chronopia, this one would be the one for me.

You can check out their stuff at www.peginc.com

Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 09:28:05 AM »
Thanks Josh.  I might have to look into it, if I ever get to Roleplay again.  There is a huge shortage around this neck o the woods.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143