Author Topic: Perferences in Corp load-outs  (Read 6328 times)

Offline aoi cobalt

Perferences in Corp load-outs
« on: April 15, 2008, 08:59:15 AM »
How much corp load-out gear do you typically give to your troops?
Do you just give them what they need for a mission, or do you have a standard set load-out that you use?
Is there a limit to how much gear they should get? What about weapon load-outs?

I'm finally putting together my armies, and I'm wondering what people generally choose.
(If I load up my cybertronic troops, I can get to 1000. But is this a good thing?)
"Bring your best dice or bring a good brick." - Thom

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
Re: Perferences in Corp load-outs
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 01:48:40 PM »
It really depends on what u are playing. If its a tourney I always bring hazmat suits. They are a must on hvy environment boards. I also usually buy extra armor. Especially for CC troops. It helps them survive to get into range and cause havok. The same applies to troops iI intend to use as meat shields.
If I have the extra funds Ill also get the filtermask.. that plus the hazmat really helps against environment.

If you are playing a single battle, I would take into account my opponent. If I know my opponent doesnt buy hazmats or masks Ill bring VX nervegas for my UBGLs. If the tend to go hvy CC I wont buy extra armor < its useless in CC>

For Cyber specific I always take the AP rounds for the Scorpion. At worse they cause your opponent to not bunch up meaning potentially less rounds on a specific target. At best you get to hit groups of models causeing them to roll to save.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 02:52:56 PM »
I like throwing night vision goggles on my Vulkans; at only 5 models (max squad size), it is a total of 25 points and eliminates any night penalties, should I find myself on a cavern board or in a night fight.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 11:12:05 PM »
Ill bring VX nervegas for my UBGLs.
i belive this is only for mortars, not for GL and not for UBGL.
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline aoi cobalt

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 04:03:21 AM »
What about squad comm links?
"Bring your best dice or bring a good brick." - Thom

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 03:06:03 AM »
only with elites, vulcans and attilas+scorpion beein a favorate..
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 07:19:39 AM »
Ill bring VX nervegas for my UBGLs.
i belive this is only for mortars, not for GL and not for UBGL.

I should have been more clear. The operations overseer carries the auto mortar. I use the VX with him.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 07:54:07 AM »
If I have access to UBGLs I always buy something for them. Usually smoke but sometimes Havoc grenades.

I might throw in the armour upgrade but that depends on if I have the points to spare when I have bought all the troopers I need.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 05:10:46 AM »
Depends on the force and the unit in question.

My Capitol grunts tend to get Armor upgrade and the elites comlinks
My Cyber gets a plethora of gear- PV's get armor and laser sights, the Chassuer get Pin Point Enhancement and the Machinators sometimes get Armor (if I feel like being a dick  :o )
My Imperials rarely get anything outside of the weapon kit for the Black Berets- there is something about the Stiff Upper Lip fluff of Imperial and their chronic equipment and supply shortages because of Clan infighting ("Alright Lads, no more loo-paper this month from Command; there's a shortage so ya gotta use yer hands again...")
Cartel- whatever I can give them :)
My Bauhaus....  I almost never get to play them so I don't know what I would use.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 05:12:25 AM by Archer »
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Kaile_Bloodhammer

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 04:43:32 PM »
Pffff, I run a bunch of cultists.  I have never used any load outs.  I rely on my numbers and two support units to kill everything.

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 08:04:05 PM »
Pffff, I run a bunch of cultists.  I have never used any load outs.  I rely on my numbers and two support units to kill everything.

Sometimes it's not about killing but achieving objectives. Loadouts can be useful depending on the scenario.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 02:15:08 PM »
Quote from: Stalker link=topic=4845.msg33329#msg33329 date=
Quote from: Kaile_Bloodhammer link=topic=4845.msg33325#msg33325 date=

Sometimes it's not about killing but achieving objectives. Loadouts can be useful depending on the scenario.

Yeah, but, I've played against his Cultists.  There are to reckoned with.  My Vulkans learned respect when his flamethrowers managed to get the drop.  And my Ilian army wants to talk truce, and end the in-fighting.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!