Author Topic: Coil's terrain  (Read 10435 times)

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Coil's terrain
« on: April 14, 2008, 12:01:03 PM »
Inspired by all the nice stuff posted recently. I thought I'd post some pics of what i have terrain wise.

Starting off with my biggest Hirst Arts project, the cathedral. This baby took me a summer to cast, glue together and paint.

Then we have some pics from a con a few years ago.

Devout vs Blackbloods (Coil vs Saint). The Devout are advancing towards the Blackbloods through a mausoleum built from HA bricks. Why is the Troll facing the other way you may ask? Well the answer is that he had just massacred my Abyss Crawler. :)

Setting up for a game of Chronopia. From left to right we have Christian (I think, he's Saint's little brother), Brett aka Lord mug (he'd come up to Sweden from Belgium), Patrik aka Saint and the another Patrik.

Here's a game between my Hood and the DL played by Brett. This is my arctic board. No HA pieces were used on this one. The hills are styrofoam and the buildings are made from poster board and corrugated cardboard.

Close up of my trusty Sacred Warriors and troopers advancing through the ruined base.

Finally we have a Blackbloods vs Stygian Battle. All the buildings are from HA blocks.

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
Re: Coil's terrain
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 12:37:45 PM »
Nice work Coil!

Im loving the Hirst stuff more and more... but I must resist the temptation to start cast!!

BTW if you need a place to store that stuff Ill gladly store it for you free of charge.. just box it up and bring or ship it over. Ill care for it as if it were my very own  ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 12:55:45 PM »
Well Bryon, when you move into your new house, you should have plenty of room to start casting.  I'll go in with you for the molds and help with the production.  Those are too cool for school, Coil.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 02:19:57 PM »
Love the cathedral! 
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 03:57:51 PM »
Nice stuff.  Cathedral looks great!  I also love the snow board.

D

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 08:14:15 AM »
What can I say coil---but.........AAWWWWSSSSSOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEEE! :D

The Darklord has just sent an imp to whisper in my Warped Lords ear that he must have a cathederal or be consigned to the carnal pits!!

All your stuff looks great, I'm truly envious of your cathederal, arctic board, and your paint jobs on the minis.  I'm truly envious!
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 11:15:20 PM »
Found some more pics of some of my HA buildings. Just to further entice you into getting into that addiction ... errr I mean hobby. :)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 05:28:50 AM »
I've already got my idea for my first project.  It's just some floor tiles and walls around the sides.  I'm building an oversize pit fighting arena.  Dimensions to follow.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 05:48:07 AM »
I just got done doing a castle for my daughter's school project.  Not quite up to VeezCon standards but not bad for the third-grader.

I want to order some of the sci-fi floor stuff and do up a spaceship/tunnel system/citadel eventually.  That cathedral makes me envious though-I already have one mold to make some of those bricks...
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 06:14:18 AM »
Doing stuff with the kids is always a good excuse to get into HA. We've built some things for my daughter like a castle pen holder, a heartshaped box etc.

Veez, I'm in the process of casting up enough bits from my sci-fi molds to build a spaceship map that I'll probably mostly use to play Star Wars miniatures with my daughter.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 09:10:18 AM »
Sounds pretty sweet!  Gospog, a player from back in the day (he mainly does No-Limits now) put together a really smart looking one.  He doesn't have a site (I soooo wish he did) but you can find pics of his stuff at the No Limits forum (http://wargameschat.yuku.com/topic/940/t/Another-Big-No-Limits-Space-Hulk-Battle.html).

He used foam core for the floors and walls go good effect.  I think you would be well served to to the same  and use the Hirst goodies on top of the foam core and on the walls for enhancements.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 09:43:48 PM »
Great stuff Coil!!!  I would love to war on a board with'ya.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008, 07:59:37 PM »
Beautiful work.  I've used the Hirst Arts stuff to make a bunch of terrain for my Aegyptus games:

http://www.displacedminiatures.com/Alxbates/images.html?galleryId=2203&from=Wargods+Terrain

...and I love it.  A little messy and time-consuming, but lots of fun to play with.  Almost like Legos!

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 10:25:48 AM »
I really like your Egyptian stuff Alex.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 01:43:47 PM »
Great stuff!  Really captures that Egyptian feel!