Warzone > Painting & Terrain

Scorpion's Warzone projects

(1/21) > >>

Scorpion:
This is WIP of my Sea Lion Sniper. The model is conversion of Catachan Sniper from W40k (Games Workshop) - the original model doesn't exist.
The conversion is not my work.
On this model I test colour scheme for my Capitol army.

Armour, flesh and pants are already done. Another one pic from progress will be posted next week.

PhillySniper:
Nice work on the shoulderpads. I like the flesh tones as well. Im looking forward to the update.

MadBrad:
The following is merely a suggestion. 

Make the T-Shirt and Shoulderpads a different color.  It will add some variety to the figure.  You could add a camo pattern to the shirt, or put some camo on the shoulderpads, and leave the shirt solid blue. You also paint the shirt a darker blue (or maybe black), and keep the current colors on the shoulderpads.    My opinion is that figures look better when major details are differentiated with noticeable color changes.   

Feel free to take or leave the advice.  Even if you change nothing, the figure will look great.   

Please keep posting your work, as it is very good!

Scorpion:
Sorry for delay. Finally I post some new pics of my Sea Lion sniper. Now, it is very near from completion.

Scorpion:

--- Quote from: MadBrad on April 12, 2008, 11:28:32 AM ---The following is merely a suggestion. 

Make the T-Shirt and Shoulderpads a different color.  It will add some variety to the figure.  You could add a camo pattern to the shirt, or put some camo on the shoulderpads, and leave the shirt solid blue. You also paint the shirt a darker blue (or maybe black), and keep the current colors on the shoulderpads.    My opinion is that figures look better when major details are differentiated with noticeable color changes.   

Feel free to take or leave the advice.  Even if you change nothing, the figure will look great.   

Please keep posting your work, as it is very good!

--- End quote ---

I know what you mean, but T-shirt should have armor feel on the mini. It is because the EE minis have shoulderpads and armor from the same material in MC reality, so T-shirt was not meant to be fabric, but armor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version