Author Topic: VeezCon Chronopia Painting Contest  (Read 23297 times)

Offline pekulior

• Journeyman
    • Brand X Painting
Re: VeezCon Chronopia Painting Contest
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 09:09:58 AM »
thanks for the compliments!

As I've said before, we're happy to help where we can. Josh, I still need to get you some of the washes we use.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 09:20:53 AM »
Feel free to post painting tips 'round here.  A tutorial might be nice too.   ::)
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 12:02:01 PM »
I'd take a nice tutorial, your stuff is pretty great, so seeing how you do it would be fantastic.

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2008, 11:13:21 PM »
Hey guys!

They are all good, but my favorite(s) would have to be a tie between Thalon and Pekulior. But the best diorama IMO would have to be Coils.

It's been fun (lurking) reading about this painting contest.  :) I would love to take part in a Warzone painting contest like this in the future. Good fun, and def. motivating regarding painting my minis.  ;D

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008, 03:55:24 AM »
The judging has begun but the results may be delayed due to some serious life changes and the overall quality of the entries.  I will make my announcements shortly however!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2008, 06:18:06 AM »
Unfortunately I have lacked the motivation (I'm gonna pretend this is a great excuse) to do a themed terrain piece, however I'll still be providing the winner a piece from my collection.  I'll PM the winner and send him a list of pieces to choose from.

Later,
Glenn

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2008, 11:50:26 AM »
Karma to Gleen for offering up even more goodies to the winner.  Darn nice of ya.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2008, 09:52:51 AM »
Judging has commenced.  Results soooon, yes sooon!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2008, 05:12:09 PM »
Karma to ya veez.  Although I didn't get involved iin the contest, it was a great motivation to get me back to painting again.  Thanks!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2008, 04:36:23 PM »
And the Winners Are...

This was a tough competition but there were enough entries that I could still break it down to its three categories (judging them all against one another would have been night impossible given the skill of everyone involved).

Figures
Coil’s scenic base put it over the top with its vibrant hues against Glenn M’s Warrior of the Sun with smooth execution and subtle use of grey.

Thalons Elves with their scenic base (again the base-it was a deciding factor in several tight competitions) squeaked ahead of JoshuaSlater’s Helios elves with their fiery color scheme.

Big Things
Winning by only one point was Pekukior’s Demon; his attention to detail and intricate base was tough competition for Glenn M’s Deathseeker with its vibrant colors and dynamic posing.

Congratulations to all the winners!  Information about your prizes will be forthcoming.

If there are any questions/complaints/death threats feel free to PM me.  Do remember that I am fully trained in the killing arts and this is not, in fact, Sparta so there are no pits of death nearby.  Plus I'd just love to see some of you try and do that flying kick.  I mean really-that was incredible and I really doubt any of us are built like that.  VeezCon is not responsible for any damages or injuries that take place in your victory celebration or to provide comfort for your loss.  Remember, winners don't use drugs.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 09:52:07 AM »
Thanks for running this Veez!!  It was definitely motivation and even though I was surrounded by incredibly gifted painters, it felt nice to be a part of this even with skills still being honed.

Kings to you.

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 12:40:04 PM »
Hmm, I am pondering the prize situation now that there are three winners.  I am thinking either look through my stuff and offer three choices one per winner, if I do so though, I'd appreciate a little help with shipping as it'll be a bit intensive on my end.  The other option is I am going to draw straws and give that person choice of what I've got available.  I have to ask though, are any of the winners non-US?  Pretty sure the only one who may not be is Thanos.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 12:58:53 PM »
I think Thalon's Elves more than squeaked by my fiery Helios Elves, as they were indeed, fantastic, basing be damned!!  I think we should do more painting events to keep us motivated and finish all those models we've collected over the years.  Hm.  Anyone got some ideas for themes?  Both Warzone and Chronopia? 

Offline Joe Kool

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 08:25:15 PM »
Congrats to the winners all were fine entries.

More painting events would be cool!
"Shut up Mr. Burton, you were not brought upon this earth to 'get it'."

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2008, 10:09:55 AM »
Congrats to the wieners.......I mean winners. :D  I saw some really nice work on everybody's minis.  I saw some great terrain, maybe there should be a terrain contest.