Author Topic: Veez Chronopia Painting Contest?  (Read 69194 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Veez Chronopia Painting Contest?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2008, 05:01:09 AM »
I plan on rolling out and full assing it!!  I've got to really sit down and get to it.  I'm within reach of entering two units and one individual if laziness doesn't win.

Give up now, you beat-nik.  Ya know the laid back vibe you exude will interfere with overzealous painting....

Which is why I need to face you before you get your armies painted- I won't be able to have the Unpainted Rule on my side if you do and lately... I seem to be needed that sorta help..
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2008, 06:58:18 AM »
I know how ridiculous I can be John, but somehow it all works out.  Tonight I'm at the desk.  Last night was derailed by dinner with friends at Famous Dave's Barbecue.  No activity after that meal but sittin' on the couch like a bloated middle aged dude.  Yup, that's me.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2008, 08:51:53 AM »
I know how ridiculous I can be John, but somehow it all works out.  Tonight I'm at the desk.  Last night was derailed by dinner with friends at Famous Dave's Barbecue.  No activity after that meal but sittin' on the couch like a bloated middle aged dude.  Yup, that's me.

:D :D :D :D

I know the feeling.  Believe me, I know.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Fremen

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2008, 09:31:42 AM »
Wow, I've been so lethargic the last few days, I have trouble even watching TV it seems.  That may be a bad sign as I'm really getting behind on this contest.  Some of you seem pretty close to done already!  However, I made great strides (considering the nothingness that came before), and actually primed the guys I want to get done yesterday.  I need to build some momentum.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2008, 03:50:24 PM »
Well I'm trying to finish off my Helios Axemen, as they seem to be the ones screaming to actually be finished.  I think I can, ad nauseum.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 06:34:32 AM by joshuaslater »
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2008, 04:54:07 PM »
I thought it was the 5th they had to be done by, so mine is done save basing.

Offline pekulior

• Journeyman
    • Brand X Painting
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2008, 01:52:32 AM »
The time is slowly creeping up I see. I will have to get into gear to get stuff finished. It will be a nice change of pace getting to paint something for fun instead of work. I'm really looking forward to it.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2008, 11:34:44 AM »
I've got the first mini painted up and ready and started with a nice little scenic base for it during the weekend. After spraying the base black and leaving it to dry on the lawn I proceeded by forgetting to bring it with me back to town (was in the summerhouse). So now my cool little diorama is outside on the lawn. I hope it doesn't rain. :)

Offline pekulior

• Journeyman
    • Brand X Painting
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2008, 02:08:56 PM »
ouch that sucks.

i found out the other day not to trust leaving my primed minis outside to dry. i went out to get a bunch of models for a project i'm working on and couldn't find them. after some looking, i noticed the wind had caught the board i was using to prime them on in my spray booth and threw 'em on my driveway. luckily there were only minor repairs that needed to be made. i was outside at 3am for about an hour looking through the dark and under cars with one of my lights for my photo booth attached to an extension cord while the wind was trying to blow me away and it was starting to rain. i'll tell ya....that was fun. *grumble*

anyway, it looks like i'll be painting some devout for the contest.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2008, 08:05:55 AM »
Fortunately it hasn't rained very much this week so my little Hirst Art scene survived but id did pick up some moisture from being outside on the lawn so I had to put in the oven on low heat for a while.

So now my little project is almost complete. I'll just add a couple of pieces of flair to the base and I'm done.

Maybe I'll paint up another mini since I have all this time to the deadline.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2008, 08:49:20 AM »
Good luck to all the contestants!  Its nice to have something going on these days on the ol' forum.  Thanks to Veez and a little karma to.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143