Author Topic: The maplewood warzone saga  (Read 284412 times)

Offline mchiao

Re: The maplewood warzone saga
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2006, 07:34:46 PM »
Jibba,

How many Jungle Commandos did my death egg killed?  I also realized another mistakes that I made.  I should've charged with my mirrormen when you open that door...  I would have a better chance of killing your Kapitain.

It was my first time with Cybertronics and I enjoyed the spanking every minute of it...  ::)  May I have another SIR!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2006, 07:37:43 PM »
More tales of the MAplewood Warzone Saga.

On the Ice Moon Titan......

last of the Misihma warriors fell, there spilled blood frozen in the time it takes to draw breath.
Warriors of darkness raised their weapons to the air. Their foul cries turning into a fouler pray praising their Dark Lords.
Victory belongs to Evil today and Evil marches towards its prize....

On the surface of  Titan....
 ...the ground shakes and the thick ice cracks. Jets of water vapor shoot into the air. An Explosion that would forever scar Titans surface can see from orbit. In the Aftermath a large shape fills the titan sky. Its the Yoritomo and it has risen from its frozen grave. But a darkness shrouds this historic moment. The ship of legend ONCE named Yoritomo obeys new more sinster masters. The Dark legion gylps that dot its once proud hull glow with a errie power and it reads AZOGHAR.

=================================================================

Yes Jibba and I had a great game of warzone.
I played a newer version of my Dark legion list and he played Misihma for the first time.
It was down to the wire. First half of the game I would have sworn Jibba was going to win
( I hate..HAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEE those twice damn ninja snipers little buggers killed half my army all on their own ) but my sweet Blight Commandos help pull a win from behind.
the last play was commando tainter flaming the last of the ninja snipers (YEAHHHHHH)
and what was left of my Blessed killing Amaterasu turning her into a zombie :)  then having them kill what was left of Jibbas force.
All told I had 4 guys left on the table
a damn good game.

===================================================================

......on broad the AZOGHAR

Emerging from the shadow the ninjas dispatch the last of the computer core guards.
The skilled Shadow Walkers sunk in during the battle between Misihma and Dark legion when the then named Yoritomo was still trap under the ice. Now that the last of the guards are dealt with the ninjas begin their work. They install a new computer board with Cybertronic markings into the ships computer heart....
                ****computer download  complete****
                          ****AI rebooting***
                         ***AI rebooting***
  ....footsteps echo down the hall more dark troopers are coming.
                     the Shadow Walkers step back into the shadows.
Their skills of stealth has kept them alive this long
                 will it keep them alive a little longer.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 09:35:03 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #197 on: July 24, 2006, 12:07:18 AM »
 :D

no matter what, in the end the evil guys WILL get a bashing.. the rule of tradition, I guess..

(and maybe why noone of my upcoming players wants to play dark legion...)
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #198 on: July 24, 2006, 05:08:00 AM »
Oh, Aramatsu will be back!!!

Good thing you only managed to kill her body double. :)

Besides, any character that managed to do 19 points of damage in a CC attack is worth taking again.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Iron Panda

« Reply #199 on: July 24, 2006, 05:47:21 AM »
Fine game it seems like. Too bad I have to leave early  :-[

Game with Mchiao, eventhough it was only 500 points was quite brutal and see-sawed all the way to the end. 

I fielded:

2 units of 8 Undead Legionaries w/ Necromutant leader and Golem of Darkness.

and a 3 man squad of my ever-present Praetorian Stalkers with an Enforcer.

Scott had:

2 units of 4 Mirror Men.

1 6 man unit of Shock Troopers.

I was unnerved when Mchiao didn't deploy any of his troops at first. ( His army consists of all infiltrate and paradeploy units and can be quite disconcerting.)  So, I hid all my troops in some burned out buildings hoping he doesn't get the initiative.

His Mirrormen infiltrated my left flank while my undead legionnaires popped out and took some of them off with my Stalkers paradeploying close by.  They didn't account themselves well though as they were scattered and failed their LD while landing.  They managed to take one Mirrorman but were chopped up handily in the end.  ( I hate the Mirrormen's residual damage weapon!)

My left flank of undead performed well though as they held those @@^(*&@! Mirrormen at bay and whittled them down considerably but were wiped out in the end.

On the right, my undead took out the paradeploying shock troops in several turns but the remaining Mirrormen, fresh from annihilating my left flank tore into them.  Only two of them left at the end to gain victory for Cybertronic!

Good game, Scott.  The game went nail-bitingly back and forth with victory being denied by both throughout until the end.

There were some civilians on the board and they were quite a nuisance, blocking LOS.  We should have moved them randomly to annoy each other to no end.

Shadow__

« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2006, 08:59:19 AM »
Hello,

Were you playing with special home rules? I ask the question because I noticed that there are only Elite troops in the Cybertronic army, which is not legal in a normal game.

And also, the beautiful CSA-404, favourite close combat weapon of the Mirrormen, has residual damage only against mortal models. Against a corporate foe, it is not a problem, but the Praetorian Stalkers are necrobiotic creatures.

Congratulation to all the players involved in the saga, and special thanks for Masherking for the background of each battle. I hope to read you soon.

Iron Panda

« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2006, 09:22:24 AM »
And also, the beautiful CSA-404, favourite close combat weapon of the Mirrormen, has residual damage only against mortal models. Against a corporate foe, it is not a problem, but the Praetorian Stalkers are necrobiotic creatures.

Doh!  I gotta read the rulebook again tonight!

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
Meanwhile, on Mercury...
« Reply #202 on: July 24, 2006, 10:10:19 AM »
       Hassan Soshuri sat impatiently in his chair, wringing his hands together and hoping the semi-hidden guards standing in the shadows of the cavernous office.  The lights were dimmed, possibly to reflect the artificial night-time of the underground cave systems of Mercury, or perhaps to make him pay more attention to the high-back chair on the other side of the polished Venusian Mahogany desk before him.  The chair was back-lit by the light comming through the wall sized window, a garish display of the various neon signs crowding the view of the pedestrians on the street, many floors below.  Hassans well worded report of the Titan incident lay on the desk, apparently unread.  His Leige Lord had died there, along with Lady Amaterasu, a true hero of Mishima, had reported fallen and ben raised as an undead abomination.

"So, Soshuri-chan, you have failed."  The voice from behind the chair startled him, not just due to it's suddeness, but also it's youth.  "Shoju-san... my strategy was fool-proof, there was no way it could have failed" Soshuri's voiced faltered, his words seemingly swallowed by the darkness.  A pregnant pause passed.  "The only fool, my dear Soshuri-chan, was you.  You caused the death of a Liege Lord, and if I had fully trusted you, the life of one of our greatest heros, Lady Amaterasu."
     Soshuri was confused.  "B-b-but my Daimyo, Lady Amaterasu was reported to have been raised as Undead..."

A soft voice from behind him crooned, "Reports have known to be wrong, little man."  Soshuri swiveled suddenly in his chair, and looked into the unmistakable eyes of Amaterasu herself, clad in a conservatively cut priestess robe.  He attempted to stutter out a question, but she interupted him before he could get the words past his tongue.
   "The reason I stand before you, little man, is because I sent one of my doubles out instead, a double, I must say, took many years of training to get to my esteemed rank.  An investment, if you will.  An investment that you foolishly squandered."  Her eyes burned into his, and he turned his view to the carpet, trying to avoid her piercing gaze.  the sound of a throat clearing behind him game him the opportunity to turn his back on the esteemed High Priestess.  The chair behind the desk was turned around, and sitting in it was a boy no older then 18.
    The boy spoke. "Your failure in this endevour has dishonoured not only you, but your family as well.  Since you were too much of a coward to take your own life, and instead send me a detailed lie attempting to cover for your shame, you will leave this place, and go immediately to Yokohama spaceport.  There you will meet your wife, father, and 2 sons, and you will all be taken from there to our processing base on Mars.  No one will aknowlege your existance from this moment on, nor theres.  perhaps your shame will be lifted when you sacrifice your life in service to the Corporation.  Now leave, Sohuri, and may this be the last time you hear your name."

The sudden shock of all this was too much to bear.  "Dismissed.", The boy said.
Soshuri stood up, cleared his throat, and immediately fainted.

He woke up some time later, the exact amount, he could not say.  the slick grey walls of a transport ship greeted him, along with the eyes of his wife, who wore a simple grey mask over her entire head, as he focused on her, she averted her eyes, and went to the wall of the cargo container, and began weeping softly.  He looked down on himself, and saw the rough brown robes that were so ignored, yet so feared by all Mishimans.  He had become lower then the lowest criminal, more base then the obnoxious Capitolians, and almost more reviled that the hordes of the Dark Legion.  He had become that which was worse then death itself.  That which only the cleansing fire of a redemtion harness could erase.

Faceless.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2006, 10:16:49 AM »
Hello,

Were you playing with special home rules? I ask the question because I noticed that there are only Elite troops in the Cybertronic army, which is not legal in a normal game.

Some of us are playing with new armies after not playing in sometime.
Making mistakes on the rules are bound to happen.
Few more games and you'll see less and less rule errors. 
Thanks for pointing it out. We'll be on the look out for that in the future.

Congratulation to all the players involved in the saga, and special thanks for Masherking for the background of each battle. I hope to read you soon.

Thanks for reading  :)
I offen wonder if people like these posts or not.
The players at maplewood enjoy them.  ;)

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2006, 11:04:11 AM »
Yes, the story is great... almost to much...

first the bad guys win shock and now this utterly horrible "cultural thing".. sharp story
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2006, 11:16:42 AM »
Yes, the story is great... almost to much...

first the bad guys win shock and now this utterly horrible "cultural thing".. sharp story

In Warzone. Its the battles we play tell the story and its not always pretty   ;)

Oddly I was routing for Misihma....too bad I had to beat him  8)

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2006, 11:30:16 AM »
That's OK, I've got a good reason to field more faceless next game. :)

Faceless: The Other Explosive Meat.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2006, 06:37:05 AM »
Hey guys few questions

what armies is everyone playing this weekend ?
             -just glued my new army WOLFPACK MAD MAX ARMY  ;D
                   Humongous comes to maplewood...." DO NOT FORCE ME (long drawn in beath)TO RELEASE MY DOGS OF WAR!!!"

What do guys feel about doing the Baroness scenerio either this weekend or next?
            -kinda curious to see how it would have turned out.

This thread is 14 PAGAES long maybe its time I started a new thread  :P

« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 06:40:34 AM by masherking »

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2006, 06:51:09 AM »
I'm all for doing it this week.  It depends if everyone else wants to play as well. (and we do need civilians running around, dammit!)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2006, 07:03:47 AM »
Well I figure
You'll be Corba/captial (of course)
I'll do cartel (of course)
John is dark legion (of Course)

and if scott has bauhaus he can get into the sweetness too.

how many points?
I'm tthinking 600 to 650.

that way we can make sure we finish this time ::)
what do you guys think.