Author Topic: The maplewood warzone saga  (Read 281713 times)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: The maplewood warzone saga
« Reply #180 on: July 20, 2006, 11:13:22 AM »
I dont mind not using the NVGs. I just hope his Stalkers are up to a little tsate of Orca power  ;D After reading the scenario over, The defender gets hard cover as long as he is in the fortress is that correct?

I dont mind not using the NVGs. I just hope his Stalkers are up to a little tsate of Orca power ;D After reading the scenario over, The defender gets hard cover as long as he is in the fortress is that correct?
Good question.
At maplewood what you see is what you get.  General rule for cover is 50% of the model canot  be seen its covered.
depending what your behind tells if its hard or soft (ex: brick wall is hard, thick bush soft) declare what pieces of terrian is what before battle.

AS for this scenerio defender gets to lay out the base as they wish. Meaning if you got sandbag model walls, barrels,  brick walls  (all would be hard cover)  or barbwire; you get to lay them out. If you own some bring them, I know the store has some to play with. Of course you must be behind it to get the cover...just because your in base doesnt mean its a blank check for hard cover no matter what ;)

also in "Hold the line" (you said you played this before so you already know) you get  to use force cards for deployment (include your false leads :)) and the attacker doesnt. 
what you DO get free for just being in the Base is your army is always consired to be in coherency while on Base( "hold the line" in the rule book covers this in detail)

I hope this helps
any other questions let me know.

PS
I too would use some orcas and maybe a sniper(or 3) with night vision (if the army list allows for such things)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 08:56:56 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #181 on: July 20, 2006, 11:29:26 AM »
If you are going to negate night rules with spotlights in the camp then that would limit or ruin the effectiveness of the night vision equipment for troops in or near the camp. The troops using them would be in effect snow blind as the NVG's would gather in all the available light and white out.

This very true, I didnt want to bog down the game with xtra night vision rules. I figure they fix that issue with nightvision gear in the far far future  ;)

I'd suggest using trip flares or if those aren't in the rules (been too long since my last night fight) combining the rules for flares and minefields to represent trip flares. These little booby traps would cause the approaching enemy to reveal their position - when triggered they would fire a flare that would illuminate the position.

now this I like.
I too dont know if there in the rules but I will look at see.

Allow the defender to set ambushes. If you are using deployment cards then allow an extra dummy for each ambush set. If not have the defender note and show to the Judge a diagram the planned ambush. A tree or other nonthreatening terrain piece could represent the ambush point. When the ambush is triggered then set the troops in and let 'em rip. To represent the ambushers advantage allow the ambushers to deploy on wait.

this another neat idea.
I would tend to think theres enough for the guys to remember and keep track of now.
But I will use this in the future.

as always thanks Topkick ;)

On a side not. Every find that Legion of steel conversion to warzone  8)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #182 on: July 20, 2006, 11:43:47 AM »
Ran the LoS/Warzone hybrid at Origins
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #183 on: July 20, 2006, 11:45:14 AM »
I would like to see the army list good sir :D

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #184 on: July 20, 2006, 11:52:48 AM »
I'll re-add it to the list....too much to do - I may have to quit my job to keep all my hobby commitments  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #185 on: July 20, 2006, 12:03:45 PM »
I'll re-add it to the list....too much to do - I may have to quit my job to keep all my hobby commitments  ;D

How dare real life stand in the way of good gaming!!!

Offline mchiao

« Reply #186 on: July 20, 2006, 12:55:44 PM »
Life is too short to waste on job/work/career.

;D

Offline Brother Jim

« Reply #187 on: July 20, 2006, 01:37:55 PM »
LOS/Warzone would be cool !!!

Do you happen to have the forces from Planetstorm, or is it just the LOS box ??

I ask because I have a good size selection of Infranites.
Fear my ability to teleport hand grenades into your pants..........without the pin or spoon !!!!

Ebay alias: sweettooth32

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #188 on: July 20, 2006, 04:52:55 PM »
Depends on the tech level of the NVGs; low tech and they would blind out; higher tech (with a higher chance of being corrupted by the dark symmetry unless protected by brotherhood spells or cybertronic parts) the goggles would de-gain (although image quality would be lost).  Either way the wearer would just flip them up until the light passed.  Loosing night vision would not be too much of a problem since some is already lost by using the goggles and the eyes would adjust quickly. 

In other words-no real reason to re-write the rules.

Other useless tips; they do not work in absolute darkness (such as a cave or your closet), they must have some sort of light, be it starlight or light in the non-visible but near IR spectrum.
Also, unless you have a linked set, they are hard to walk with because you lose depth perception.

200+ Goggle hours and counting.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #189 on: July 20, 2006, 06:17:18 PM »

I have all the armies.
Oh how sweet it would be to use the warzone rules for them.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #190 on: July 20, 2006, 07:37:06 PM »

I have all the armies.
Oh how sweet it would be to use the warzone rules for them.

Project time for me - me thinks

Iron Panda

« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2006, 04:22:27 AM »
You know what stalkers hate?

Sunset Stikers.

oh, and dogs.

I just hope his Stalkers are up to a little tsate of Orca power 

All this smack talk's riling up my Stalkers!  They will be bringing more friends into the scenario...

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2006, 06:28:11 AM »
Oh, the smack talk has not yet begun!!

Prepare for Mishima (or maybe Capitol) death!!
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #193 on: July 21, 2006, 07:13:36 PM »
You know what stalkers hate?

Sunset Stikers.

oh, and dogs.

I just hope his Stalkers are up to a little tsate of Orca power 

All this smack talk's riling up my Stalkers!  They will be bringing more friends into the scenario...

All I have to say is "Im NOT Dave!!" and  "Stalkers dont like flamers or Orcas!!!"

"Put the women and children to bed cause this aint gonna be pretty... Nite Masher!!!"
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2006, 05:54:46 PM »
Well, today had alot of good Warzone action.  I went up against Mchiao and his Cybertronic with my Bauhaus Dragoon/Jungle Kommando army (my first time out with Bauhaus).  It was.... not pretty, to say the least.  Mchiao's dice were not working for him, and he took a beating (although it might have not been so bad if we had known that Mirrormen had 2 wounds)  However, it was damn good fun for both of us, and a good warm-up for the day.

After that (and after lunch)  Mchiao took on Iron Panda (which I'm sure one of them could decribe better), while I took on Masherking and his Dark Legion with my Mishima (also a first go for me)

All I have to say.  Shadow walkers with their sniper rifles are F'in' MEAN.  It really came down to the wire, with Masherking finally taking me down with only 3 Blessed Legionares and a FT guy still alive.

All in all, it was a good day of Warzone, and I got a bunch of Assault Marines, who are going to have to be tested.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba