Author Topic: The maplewood warzone saga  (Read 281878 times)

Offline mchiao

Re: The maplewood warzone saga
« Reply #165 on: July 18, 2006, 03:54:28 PM »
I'll see if I have enough points in Cybertronics.  Can we start a bit early?  noon is a bit late already especially I have to leave at 4pm.  how is 10am sounds?   ;D

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2006, 05:02:51 AM »
I'm looking into seeing who can be there at 10:00am.
I should be there, maybe get a 2hour game in and then  play the 12:00 game against jibba.

I'll post here and let you know what the plan is.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 12:14:08 PM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2006, 05:05:11 AM »
I could probably wake up early to be there at 10.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2006, 05:30:21 AM »
I'm seeing if serge wants to play. (hell he has to be there to open the store).

I think his bahaus vrs scotts Imps would make for a classic face off. ;)
if not either me, you, or john (depending how early he can make it) could beat scotts army silly  :P

if Philly comes down. he can face off against johns stalker army of death (hell it kick dave's butt).

if all goes as planned you and me can face off on titan.

if any one cares to try it ,I can write up some scenerios for them classic "maplewood warzone saga style". 8)

game 1.  "Yorimoto" battle for fallen mishma ship on titan

game 2. "From the Darkest Night they came" a Dark Legion night time raid on corp base.

game 3. "The Nobles War"  classic Bahaus vrs Imps (or as it seems cybertronic) battle

I'll do a write up later tonight.
I like to add a challange beyond the simiple kill'em all.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 07:16:01 AM by masherking »

Offline mchiao

« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2006, 06:51:08 AM »
Mashser,

who is playing imps?

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2006, 07:01:48 AM »
dont you play imps?

I thought you did.
oh wait your playing cybertronic, right

Either way any army would do.

Iron Panda

« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2006, 07:03:37 AM »
I'm seeing if serge wants to play. (hell he has to be there to open the store).

Doh!  I guess my Bauhaus are out.  Might as well, I'm not too inclined about gluing them.  So little time, so &#*(@ hot and humid to do anything else!  If anything,  I'll tweak my DL list and add some new stuff.

if not either me, you, or john (depending how early he can make it) could beat scotts army silly

Ah yes,  DL forces are so awesome.  It's so good to wear black hats!  I'll be there, around 10 or 11 ish to help set up the tables.

Cool scenario titles,  Especially, "From the Darkest Night They Came."  So foreboding, so sweet. 

Anyway,  I'm cool with playing any scenario with any faction.  If need be, I can proxy my DL for ***GASP*** one of the good guys.

Hooray for the Sunday Maplewood Warzone Extravaganza!!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 07:51:30 AM by Iron Panda »

Offline mchiao

« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2006, 09:21:05 AM »
I got 8 more weeks left... Can we do Chronopia after this...

I got into WZ because of Chornopia and yet I play them the least.  Wait... I gotta play my Mishima, Bauhaus and my Dark Legions...  SIGH... not enough time.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #173 on: July 19, 2006, 06:57:27 PM »
"Yoritomo"

on the ice moon Titan

Mishima ninja sat on top of large ice shelf. Clad in a uniform that not only blended him to the back ground but protected him from Titan's cold and bitter winds. He spies the battle below

Typing on a small keyboard on its arm. A tight laser message is sent to the Mishima landing craft hiding in near orbit.
             Message reads as follows.
                 "....Battle goes poorly for Bauhaus **end**
                       Dark legion is winning but lacks re-enforcement.**end**
                               what are orders.***end***

short while later a reply "....hold position**end
                                               we are coming down... **end**"

The cartel has leak the info of downed battleship to Mishima for 2 reason.
     1. that the cartel needs the baroness alive, Bauhaus refused to hand her over. They were warned the info of battleship that was given to them could also  be given to an other. (the series of impossible events was the cartel doing) Bauhaus thought the Cartel was bluffing....Cartel never bluffs.

2. The downed battleship is a the Mishima flagship "Yoritomo"  thought lost when it went down fighting against impossible odds. this a ship of legend. The cartel handing this info over to Mishma has earned the cartel a hard to get  '"I owe you" from Mishima.

Forces: Mishima (jibba)  Dark legion (masherking)

objective: 1000pt battle for the ship.  with  Dark legion numbers at all time low a Mishima strike force thinks its the best time too strike!

setup: half the  board is a ice cave dug out by Corba and the Yoritomo when it crashed.
The other half is ship/base. (doom tiles)

"From the Darkest night they Come"

thanks to the spy station  " The Rock " the base was given full warning.
Lock down and load up. Dark Legion is coming and their coming Tonight!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ok when Dark Legion lost the battle "between the rock and a dark place" they lost the ability to land a surpise attack on mars.  knowing this the legion is attacking at night hoping to use the darkness to their advantage, But the base knows their coming and is able to quickly prepare defences.

Forces: Dark Legion (iron panda)  Captiol(philly) or if philly cant make it  which ever army scott wants to play with :P

rules: night fighting and  scenerio one: Hold the line.
               changes: defender 900pts
                              attacker  1400pts. Reason for the point change is I feel night rules swings to the attackers favor..Of course I could use some input on this.

also inside the base night rules are ignored due to spot lights

setup 2/3 rds little cover, open ground. 1/3rd is defenders base set up sandbags and makeshift barriers  with a base building or two.

tell me what you guys think.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 08:55:07 AM by masherking »

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #174 on: July 20, 2006, 05:23:04 AM »
Sounds good to me.  I'm gonna have to start gluein'.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #175 on: July 20, 2006, 06:54:27 AM »
""From the Darkest night they Come"

thanks to the spy station  " The Rock " the base was given full warning.
Lock down and load up. Dark Legion is coming and their coming Tonight!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ok when Dark Legion lost the battle "between the rock and a dark place" they lost the ability to land a surpise attack on mars.  knowing this the legion is attacking at night hoping to use the darkness to their advantage, But the base knows their coming is able to quickly prepare defences.

Forces: Dark Legion (iron panda)  Captiol(philly) or if philly cant make it  which ever army scott wants to play with :P

rules: night fighting and  scenerio one: Hold the line.
               changes: defender 900pts
                              attacker  1400pts. Reason for the point change is I feel night rules swings to the attackers favor..Of course I could use some input on this.

also inside the base night rules are ignored due to spot lights

setup 2/3 rds little cover, open ground. 1/3rd is defenders base set up sandbags and makeshift barriers  with a base building or two.

tell me what you guys think.

Ive played this scenario with Dave several times. With 750 to 1400 Points the defender very rarely lasts past round 2 or its soo obvious that its over that its not even funny. I think the 900 to 1400 points gives a better chance. I think the defender should get night vision gear for free since they know they are going to be hit.  ;D

Panda design 2 forces, one attacker and one defender. This will go fast so we can play one game from both sides.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #176 on: July 20, 2006, 07:28:45 AM »

I think the defender should get night vision gear for free since they know they are going to be hit. ;D

Thats why I gave the extra points  ;)
this is a tough one. I will honest I never played this scenerio. I was hoping the defender would be smart enough to set up a lot of hard cover and this would balance it out.
   Man I hope this last longer then 2 turns. :o
The extra points was set up to help the defenders because its Night fighting rules. Night vision would swing the advantage back to the defenders as you'll be able to fire into his incomeing forces for a turn or 2 before he fire into yours (make every shot count  ;)).

this is why I like posting the scenerios  head of time. Gives you the chance to make the most effective list you can for crap your army is about to find themselves in. 8)

but if both of you agree to it dont let me stop you :P

p.s.
 its not a bad idea to try both the defender and attacker.
I enjoy writting these up and like to see what works and doesnt.

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #177 on: July 20, 2006, 09:16:08 AM »
I dont mind not using the NVGs. I just hope his Stalkers are up to a little tsate of Orca power  ;D After reading the scenario over, The defender gets hard cover as long as he is in the fortress is that correct?
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #178 on: July 20, 2006, 09:30:41 AM »
You know what stalkers hate?

Sunset Stikers. :)

oh, and dogs.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #179 on: July 20, 2006, 09:32:25 AM »
If you are going to negate night rules with spotlights in the camp then that would limit or ruin the effectiveness of the night vision equipment for troops in or near the camp. The troops using them would be in effect snow blind as the NVG's would gather in all the available light and white out.

I'd suggest using trip flares or if those aren't in the rules (been too long since my last night fight) combining the rules for flares and minefields to represent trip flares. These little booby traps would cause the approaching enemy to reveal their position - when triggered they would fire a flare that would illuminate the position.

Allow the defender to set ambushes. If you are using deployment cards then allow an extra dummy for each ambush set. If not have the defender note and show to the Judge a diagram the planned ambush. A tree or other nonthreatening terrain piece could represent the ambush point. When the ambush is triggered then set the troops in and let 'em rip. To represent the ambushers advantage allow the ambushers to deploy on wait.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 10:00:35 AM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890