Author Topic: The maplewood warzone saga  (Read 281714 times)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: The maplewood warzone saga
« Reply #510 on: April 26, 2007, 10:56:48 AM »
Work just askedme to come in on saturday so what part of the saga being done sunday? Or should I throw down with Lord H. ;D

Wasnt sure if you were coming or not.....Hmmmmmmm.
I'll try to find time and post the update tonight and by tomorrow come up with something. What army are you itch'n to play.

Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Iron Panda

« Reply #511 on: April 26, 2007, 11:01:59 AM »
Everyone wants to play with Lord H.

;D

Iron Panda

« Reply #512 on: April 26, 2007, 01:39:00 PM »
I can do a rematch with you to Panda. Jibba and Masherking aren't the only players up at maplewood. I can come up sunday for a game. Just tell me how many points you want and I can bring my bauhas up.

Cool!  Might be bringing my Bauhaus for some hot Bauhaus on Bauhaus action.  750's a good starting point.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #513 on: April 26, 2007, 07:56:58 PM »
ok long last here it is the results of:
                                "NINJA ESCAPE!!! FROM THE DREAD SHIP AZOGHAR"

As the AZOHGAR is flying pass Venus hunting its shipping lanes

The Ninjas worked their way into the Hanger with a skill that only desperate men with a life time of training can muster. The A.I. TEN sealing the doors behind them. All the while valiant men are holding back the forces of darkness buying them the time they needed.

In the lower levels of Battleship of AZHOGAR.
         Mamoru Oshii  was bleeding out from a dozen wounds, his breathing labored. His men were dead or dying, their pooling blood making his feet stick to the ground.
        Hungry eyes of evil surrounded him.
                all was lost
                he was the last.
      Mamoru Oshii , tiger dragon, 15 yrs in the honorable service to Mishima drew a deep breath and Charged forward. His last breath a defiant yell. Mamoru Oshii dies standing on his feet, claws tearing away his armor Fangs biting into his flesh, his last thoughts were of a Venusian sunrise, Cherry blossoms in bloom.
    Well Phill (dragon) and Jibba had their battle and what a bloody afair it was.
Jibba had 3 objectives to destroy on a huge Legion of Steel board (space hulk). Though he tried his best
Phill gave nothing up makeing just about every important roll he needed to make. I'll leave it for them to fill in highligts. None of the objectives was reached.

Well what does this mean? Faliure to reach any of the objectives means that none of the ninjas make it back to Mishima with the data disk. 
one is so much space junk and the other crash lands in venus jungles. 

On the bridge of AZOHGAR the necromutant techie told the Captain that the Rouge A.I. allowed two fighters to launch from the ships hanger bays.
      " Are our weapons still on-line"
    "yes Captain"
        "THEN FIRE...EVERYTHING"

the Ninjas never made it far. One was caught dead on, its explosion masking the hard turn of the surviving fighter. Yet still it wasn't enough. its left wing was shredded and was down to one engine.
the Ninja onboard prepared for a very, very hard landing.

"Captain enemy ships are tracking us and the A.I. is still lose in our systems"
   "NO Need to push our luck...set course for base"
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Venusian Jungle:

The crash left a 1/2 mile long gash on the Jungle floor small fires still burning from the impact.
The Ninja crawled 11 1/2 feet before succumbing to his wounds.
                   That night.
            "Unit 5 reporting"
            "we've located the crash what are orders?"

« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 03:49:09 AM by masherking »

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #514 on: April 26, 2007, 10:17:02 PM »
:)

i hope that was flash memory, no HD...

stupid old legion again... making the treasure fall to the feet of someone else, not picking it up in space..
always they win the battles, never the war  :D
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Iron Panda

« Reply #515 on: April 27, 2007, 04:24:37 AM »
always they win the battles, never the war 

That's the fate of all villians.  They kick a%$$# at first, but lose everything in the end.

But there's always a cliffhanger, always!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 06:38:09 AM by Iron Panda »

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #516 on: April 27, 2007, 07:26:26 AM »
Hmmm...

"Mace?!?"
  "What?"
  "Do you have that Tactical team of yours operational yet?"
  A snort.  "Sure do..  Why?"
  "Get to the motor pool and take a 'hawk to the following location- there was a crash of some sort of fightercraft being fired on and it appears some corporations are interested.  See if you can get to it before them."

"Right."

If I can make it on sunday or next weekend, I will.  Otherwise...  Evening of Talamania I.  Sound fair?

John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #517 on: April 27, 2007, 07:29:54 AM »
Hmmm...

"Mace?!?"
  "What?"
  "Do you have that Tactical team of yours operational yet?"
  A snort.  "Sure do..  Why?"
  "Get to the motor pool and take a 'hawk to the following location- there was a crash of some sort of fightercraft being fired on and it appears some corporations are interested.  See if you can get to it before them."

"Right."

If I can make it on sunday or next weekend, I will.  Otherwise...  Evening of Talamania I.  Sound fair?

sounds like a plan. 8)
I'll save what happens to the crash fighter for you then. ;)
If you come down the following sunday (may 6th I think) IM me I might not be a round that day.

what you plan on playing, from the looks of it Cartel or you have something else in mind (Brotherhood, caps)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 08:15:40 AM by masherking »

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #518 on: April 27, 2007, 11:05:57 AM »
Coral Beach will be making an appearance on sunday. 8) 8) 8)
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #519 on: April 27, 2007, 11:16:17 AM »
Coral Beach will be making an appearance on sunday. 8) 8) 8)

Nice

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #520 on: April 30, 2007, 12:43:37 PM »
I think your non-warzone battle report is great but I notice you did'nt post 1 here. ;) Coral Beaches Cybertronic Force destroyed the Child Army oy Illian. Only 1 Panicked Child survived by running off the table. :'( It was a Fun and Funny Great game. Both teams had a little over 1000 pts: The Cybertronic Force consisted of:
    Coral Beach
    Cyril Dent
    Dr. Diane
    Surveiller
    Chasseurs:1Sgt+5Troop+1RL w/AP Squad had Steelskin
    Chassuers:1Sgt+5Troop+1Sniper Squad had Steelskin and laser optics
    Mirrormen: 7 Troop with Steelskin and Torso Enhancement
    Attila: 3 Troop+1 Scorpion w/AP

Masher will have to post his Army.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #521 on: April 30, 2007, 01:39:15 PM »
I think your non-warzone battle report is great but I notice you did'nt post 1 here. ;) Coral Beaches Cybertronic Force destroyed the Child Army oy Illian. Only 1 Panicked Child survived by running off the table. :'( It was a Fun and Funny Great game. Both teams had a little over 1000 pts: The Cybertronic Force consisted of:
    Coral Beach
    Cyril Dent
    Dr. Diane
    Surveiller
    Chasseurs:1Sgt+5Troop+1RL w/AP Squad had Steelskin
    Chassuers:1Sgt+5Troop+1Sniper Squad had Steelskin and laser optics
    Mirrormen: 7 Troop with Steelskin and Torso Enhancement
    Attila: 3 Troop+1 Scorpion w/AP

Masher will have to post his Army.

I was working on it (little busy at work today  :P)

Yes its true I got beaten by the cybers.
I had 5 squads of kids
karak, the chick (I forget the name), and Nep..(oh hell I just spell wrong)...of illian.
drop pod.

the battle was on level 6 desert  lots  and lots of terrian.

The battle quickly moved to near center as phill was lineing up shots I was trying to get a quick run in with kids.
early half of battle was going poorly for me. For the record it takes 3 squads of kids too take down one squad of mirror men.
Needless to say with math like that who needs to roll 20's. Yet in mid-game their was small turn around. the kids killed of the mirror men, attilas spend a few turns trying to destory the drop pod (phill hates those things) then the Chick (this took 2 turns to pull off)  "Gated" over to phills sniper and "gazed" him making him a bodyguard ( love it when a plan comes together).
She then dark lighting a grunt squad the following turn kill enough to force a moral check the failed, afterwards they tried to rally becoming broken and then unhinged. Yet the end came Phill had to many forces for the few characters to overcome (not everyone is val :P). Phill earning a soild win.

Thoughts:
Childern of illian
this the first time trying illian and must say was surprized what a neat little list it is.
Kids are kool but they wont win you the game. I do very much like the kids in the drop pod. I see alot use for 2 kid filled drop pods  8) they are very good in tying up a units for a couple of turns.

templars:
I didnt have any on my list but will take a unit two or two next time...must have range combat unit. I believe the wheeled have dead shot (??) this will work well with kids in CC  ;D

Drop pods:
great way to bring kids onto the field and nice way to block line of sight  ;D

Characters:
I would cram as many as I can on the list...illian has some of coolest I played with yet.

The chick rocks, espionage is very kool (though I think was using it wrong).  with a more flexable list I could have really used it better. Sinster Gaze is AWESOME!!

NEp of illian...sweet nice little power house.
KARAK a killing machine.

I didnt used the hunter so I dont know how well he plays out.

Illian spell list is pretty sweet.
Next time I make a Illian list I'm going to have to sit down and give it a good read though. I see some promise here.  8)

« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 05:51:57 AM by masherking »

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #522 on: April 30, 2007, 09:13:01 PM »
Nice little battle report Masher.  I've only scanned through UMZ a couple of times, but I like the Illian list very much.  If I were to play DL it would be Illian.  Semai reminds me toooo much of some lawyers I know! ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 01:10:23 PM by Wedge »
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #523 on: May 08, 2007, 05:51:06 AM »
So.... Mishima....

Bushido Samurai kick ASS... when they actually get into CC.  I wouldn't use 'em in an open board... but those are rare in Warzone. :)

Also, the Sniper Ninjas are BRUTAL!   Two teams of two were really... way too much.  Maybe next time I'll throw a Dragon Bike in the mix... maybe use it to advance the Samurai.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Iron Panda

« Reply #524 on: May 08, 2007, 06:48:14 PM »
Sounds like a cool game!!

Damn, I keep missing the good ones! :'(