Author Topic: The maplewood warzone saga  (Read 281738 times)

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
Re: The maplewood warzone saga
« Reply #435 on: December 02, 2006, 08:51:02 AM »
Hello.

Car wreckage would suggest an explosion, she may have been stunned at the time. It would be a real shame if she was killed by some stupid "right in front of you" crud.

wmeredith.

Yeah, these was a car wreck involving her and Flint.  Lady Jaye then started beating the crud out of the person who caused it. (One of the Red Shadows) as she attempted to help Flint (who was stunned at the time) WHAM! Stabbed in the heart. 
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #436 on: December 02, 2006, 02:58:25 PM »
Sounds more like a morality story about road rage.  The kind of thing that at the end someone would say "and now we know" and a bleeding and dying Lady Jayne croaks "and knowing is half the ba...*"
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #437 on: December 02, 2006, 04:33:08 PM »
Sounds more like a morality story about road rage.  The kind of thing that at the end someone would say "and now we know" and a bleeding and dying Lady Jayne croaks "and knowing is half the ba...*"

he he he
thats kinda funny
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #438 on: December 03, 2006, 07:22:52 PM »
Well it Finally happens
          THE RESCUE OF AGENT NICK MICHEALS:

players
JIbba: Corba loads and loads of free marines
           squad of Assualt marines and Assualt Captian (Destro)

Masherking: 4 units Cartel security Police
                    Mishima Doomtroopers
                   1 unit of agents

points 750pts
terrain:
doom tiles (spacehulk like board)

special rules: cohernce wasnt inforced, and no paradeploy (indoors), one action to open doors.
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nick Michels was laying in his cell recovering from his latest visit with Brother Coins  when an explosion knocked him off the cold slab he gets to call a bed. Just as he was gathering his wits his cell door opens. Taking a second for to his eyes to adjust, a silhouette of a cartel security police sergeant came into view.
         " No time to be on your ass sir!!
             your in a middle of rescue and we need to move NOW!!"

With a smug grin on Nicks face.
                 " Hell Sergeant what took you so long"

bravo team is down this hallway, my men will stay and guard the rear.
Wasting no time Michael ran meeting up with bravo team. He had all of a second to notice the scores of dead cobra guards
                       ...." damn must been one hell of a fight"
                                     "say something sir..."

"no lets keep moving"

From what nick could see this had to be the smoothest operation he was ever a part of, that is until they meet up with team Charlie. Just as Bravo and nick round the corner Charlie was in fire fight with Iron Grenadiers, Destros elites and behind them was Destro himself. but all wasn't lost, like living shadows Mishima Doomtroopers appeared. Looking like the tide has turned Charlie team rallied and really began to "turn the screws" on so called Cobra elites. That's is until Destro made his move.             
            Unloading his rifle into the one of the doomtroopers with uncanny aim  the trooper was dead before hitting the ground. Knowing that grenadiers just need to hold them long enough for back up. Nick knew he had to end this fight now. Seeing his chance he took it, to the shock of Bravo team he ran forward ignoring the cross fire and charged Destro. They exchanged blows. for every hit landed Destro took and return in kind. With the steam from nick's charge worn out, Destro pressed the advantage.
              Just as he was swinging nick around in a arm lock and bringing a pistol to his head the last of the iron grenadiers fell its body riddled with bullets. Stepping forward with the barrel still smoking was a Mishima Doomtrooper marksman.
            "Take one more step add its bye bye Agent Micheals"
                         " shoot... shoot him don't let destro get away"

"Your bravado will make a fine scene in a movie someday but..."
                                 -sound of heavy machine gun fire-
                        "..never...take??"
                                   -more machine gun fire-
                           "chance of...hitting...
                                                    you?."
Nick fell forward hard! the shot in the arm spinning him out Destro grasp. Destro slumps against the wall, the holes in his chest leaving fresh red blood on the white paint as he slides down. The Doomtrooper rushed forward and threw Nick over his shoulder with one arm and keeping steady the HMG with the other he then quickly turned to meet up with the others. As they where leaving nick looked up..Destro's body was missing
                   "damn" was all Nick could say before passing out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok my plan was simiple (almost feel quilty about it.)
infiltrators  and loads of them. The ablitiy to cover most of the board at key points before jibba was able to was the plan.  One could almost imagine cartel infiltrators disguised as Corba guards, working their way though air ducts and maintance tunnels to conduct the mother of rescue missions. Plus Police smgs would be perfect in close quarter fighting.
backing them up was Mishiam doomtroopers. with fighting this close I need a HTH edge plus the HMG would come to good use. Lastly agents for quick moving back up.

Jibba's plan it seems was to tie me up with freedoom marines as the assualt marines come in to finish the job.
   not a bad plan but luckly my infiltrators thow a monkey wrench into that.

the board was set. Nick was in his cell at Jibbas side of the table.
within 2 turns I had a the Cartel Sarge free Nick and began to move him out.
Destro and his boys was to my left but would have few turns of movement before they became a issue. this allowed the Cartel police to work on the free marines and boy did they. It was a slaughter. where ever the marines moved there was squad police with their SMG screaming hot lead. when just about all free Marines were dead Destro and his elites finally make it to the fight
at first they were tough killing a cartel cop and a Doomtrooper (damn was looking forward to some HTH) but the tides changed quickly. Cops and agents droping just enough Assualt marines for Nick to make a run for destro. They go into HTH (but fails to hit ???). right behind him though was the remaining doomtrooper. killing whats left of the assualt marines he turns to the Destro/Nick fight and at point blank range shot into HTH  8)  wounding Nick once and wounding Destro twice.
and this point game over
 Cartel wins. ;D

Let me add my dice was hot and Jibbas dice were not. Dont think he made more then two AR saves the whole game.

all and all a quick fun bloody battle.
and NICK is BACK BABY YEAH!!!
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

results of the battle
with a cartel win it means I get to field Nick anytime I damn well please :P

« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 05:15:33 AM by masherking »

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #439 on: December 03, 2006, 08:10:16 PM »
Jibba and I had a second game.
He won that one....DAMN THAT GREAT GREY!!!!

Write this battle up when I get a chance
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 05:19:12 AM by masherking »

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #440 on: December 04, 2006, 01:59:34 AM »
yeah, under 12´ it is really sweet mit smgs..

our terrain was never so thight, but I bet my capitol army had a real problem.. .
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #441 on: December 04, 2006, 08:27:20 AM »
The Ruins of Neo Jersey-- Mars.
8:30pm, local time.

Pvt. Tony Direlli of the AFC Heavy Infantry surveyed his location from the second floor of a ruined building.  The dust from the building and the countless battles that had taken place here couldn't quite cover up the colorful wallpaper from whatmust have been a nursery.  Below him in the street, a medical APC was loading the bodies of the dead, while off in the distance the pyres where they were buring the bodies of the Undead Legionnaires danced in the twilight.  Maria Del Torres was talking to the driver of the APC, a fresh bandage over her midriff where a Dark Legion round had penetrated her armor.  Tony had barely stopped shaking from the battle.  Capitol losses were heavy previous afternoon.  The Dark Legion presence was much stronger then expected, and the appearance of Preatorian Stalkers meant the Dark Legion must have known they were coming.  Unsubstantiated reports that Valpurgis himself was present were sketchy, as no body was recovered, yet Assault Marine Squad 5 and the pilot of the Great Grey both swore they had engaged him.

Tony took one last look at the expanse of ruins that now marked the once proud city of Neo Jersey.  It would be a long, hard road to bring it back under Capitol control, and this was but the first step.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #442 on: December 05, 2006, 05:26:47 AM »
I dont know I never thought of that before a new front for the Warzone sage.

LET THE BATTLE  FOR NEO JERSEY BEGIN !!!!
                the war for Dark Symmetry free diners starts now :P

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #443 on: December 05, 2006, 06:28:48 AM »
I figured since we like playing on the Urban board, might as well give us a fluff reason to fight. :)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #444 on: December 13, 2006, 07:35:47 AM »
The Director of Division 6 is Standing in front of the holocast(tm) images the Cartel ruling Committee.
         "Report Director. Tell us how we're going to root out Cobra?"
                The Director's response was cool and to the point
        "It is true the successful rescue of Agent Michael's has forced the terrorist back into hiding. Worst yet our informants have told us their working on a new Super Weapon."     
           "But Gentlemen and Ladies I put before you Operation: Bishop."
            "The one good thing out of  Agent Michael incarceration is confirmation of a Rouge Brotherhood fraction that has allied itself with Cobra. We believe finding them would led us to
the snakes."
            one of floating images spoke.
               "but Director if you have difficultly hunting down Cobra what's to say you'll have better luck tracking down a Rouge Brotherhood organization."
                 the Director pressed a button on his conference desk, a new holo image of a pale faced man in brotherhood robes materialized .
                 "We have a lead. This is an image of Brother Coins who led the torture of Agent Michael's during his unpleasant stay at cobra base. He runs a Privately funded Missionary on Earth outside a settlement called Barter town. With the fall of Cobra base he was track retreating there "
                 "Operation: Bishop sets up long term surveillance and eventual raid into Missionary compound with intent to capture Coins. I just need your permission to go ahead sirs"
                        The Holo-images turned off and reappeared ten minutes later.
                     "Permission granted"

after the meeting The director called Agent Michael.
          "Operation: Bishop is a go."
          Michael's response. "time for pay back!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fight moves to Dark Eden.
Details soon to follow

But Cobra gets to earn a new prize soon : The ability to field a brotherhood character in their normal army list.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 06:01:56 AM by masherking »

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #445 on: December 13, 2006, 09:52:13 AM »
I figured since we like playing on the Urban board, might as well give us a fluff reason to fight. :)

I so look forward to hearing about these games.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #446 on: April 16, 2007, 06:39:53 PM »
Okay guys-how about a frakin' update?  Did Nick Michaels ever get rescued?  Will Cobra Commander get his revenge?  What about Lord Humongous and that Brotherhood Renegade on Dark Eden?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #447 on: April 17, 2007, 02:54:59 AM »
Okay guys-how about a frakin' update?  Did Nick Michaels ever get rescued? 
Yes he did battle report on page 30.
Corba got their butts whoop good  8)

Will Cobra Commander get his revenge?
Theres been no word on the Commander.....hmmmmmmmmm

What about Lord Humongous and that Brotherhood Renegade on Dark Eden?

this has yet to be played out.
Honestly didnt think people were still waiting for updates...my bad. :-[
Bill has been coming to play and poor panda been waiting (he's such a good sport) So warzone is being added to normal game rotation again.
I figured out how to make my own "floor" tiles (damn simiple...paint them up and take them to kinkos) so my next project is Painting up some rail car "floor tiles"  to use them in train raid scenerio idea I'm dying to try out 8)

Next battle in the line up will be dark eden
1. Lord H. battle
2. life and Death of one Brother Coins.

Theres 4 way battle I'm tossing around in my head taking place in Barter town.
  I would also like to see if Ninjas make it off the Dark legion BattleShip  8)

Sorry Veez to keep you waiting blame Blood Bowl.....evil evil game. 

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #448 on: April 17, 2007, 04:14:32 AM »
At least there is hope...

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #449 on: April 17, 2007, 04:32:13 AM »
[li]Honestly didnt think people were still waiting for updates...
i also liked your campain. since it was going on it felt like a "scene" of wz players..

here i only play with my group.. impossible to convince people.. even when you propose to proxy with 40k  :'(
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."