Author Topic: The maplewood warzone saga  (Read 283851 times)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: The maplewood warzone saga
« Reply #300 on: August 10, 2006, 05:55:38 PM »
The suspense and drama of the Maplewood Saga would be hard to even come close too but I will try.

your too kind sir.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline mchiao

« Reply #301 on: August 11, 2006, 06:30:12 AM »
What are we doing this Sunday? Wolfpack? Dark Eden? Kids vs Dogs or you guys doing that other game?

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #302 on: August 11, 2006, 06:37:30 AM »
I'm gonna bring my Warzone stuff and my BFG stuff, I'm sure I can do both.

Maybe try out my Imperial army.... Yay golden lions and their SMGs!
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #303 on: August 11, 2006, 07:05:53 AM »
I'm gonna bring my Warzone stuff and my BFG stuff, I'm sure I can do both.

Maybe try out my Imperial army.... Yay golden lions and their SMGs!

damn golden lions and their smgs
dont forget the DOOOOOOOOOOM tiles

Offline mchiao

« Reply #304 on: August 11, 2006, 07:31:25 AM »
How about each of us bring 750pt and we can team up or brawl...  Of course, we'll have to use the force card activation.  That method is addictive.

I'll bring my wolfbane then... A couple of babes too... Morning wolves... that is...

Can anyone talk to John (the owner) see if he can stop by?  A few of my Jacksons, Bens don't wanna stay in my wallet...

Thanks

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #305 on: August 11, 2006, 07:59:19 AM »
I remember Steve telling me about the random card method, and I thought it was brilliant.  I'll certainly give it a whirl.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline mchiao

« Reply #306 on: August 11, 2006, 08:42:37 AM »
Oh! you have no idea how great that is.  It was total CHAOS!  Unfortunately, Poor Iron Panda got the short end of the stick.  But he did get his dogs to attack my Myrmadon.  He even held my Mymadon from breaking away.  All of a sudden, it is like a brand new game again!  Cudos to Masher, I said...

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #307 on: August 11, 2006, 01:51:57 PM »
Did I miss the synopsis of the random card method? Someone enlighten me please
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #308 on: August 11, 2006, 02:32:51 PM »
   You take everyones force cards give them a good mix. Then flip the top card..thats the unit that activates. Repaeat till the deck runs out.

Some historical games do something similar and I believe its also in one of the rulebooks.

Makes for a kool game. It adds a nice touch of chaos to the turn order with no hassle and speeds up game play. I would say for people to give it a try; I like it alot.
The one thing about the force cards I would have really wish for was generic backs on the cards  :P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 08:25:25 AM by masherking »

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #309 on: August 11, 2006, 02:34:21 PM »
Kinda reminds me of the initiative system for Planetstorm
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #310 on: August 11, 2006, 02:44:42 PM »
Kinda reminds me of the initiative system for Planetstorm

Now that you bring it up it kinda of does.  ;)
Gives a good use for all those force cards,

you'll get the same effect using playing cards ( give each unit a card value and then suffle those cards) like they do in Planetstorm.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #311 on: August 13, 2006, 05:12:23 PM »
     Assault Marine Captain Jamison Todds was a veritable wall of destruction while wearing his Fullback armor.  A nightmare of ceramic and metal plates, wielding an M-89 HMG like the Devil's own paintbrush.  Outside of his armor, one would never know he was a decorated war hero, with multitudes of confirmed kills, and enough medals for an entire squad of soldiers.  He stood at parade rest in his snow-white Naval dress uniform, the steel colored Capitol Eagle that represented his Special Forces group stood out proudly on his right breast.  The enlisted man behind the camera finished adjusting the knobs and buttons and gave him a silent "action" signal.

Todds spoke into the camera.  "this is Captain Jamison Todds of the 27th Assault Marine Team reporting.  Hostilities at the Ganymede oil processing plant New Boise ended today at roughly 1630 hours central Luna time.  Squads Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie of Assault Team 27 were dispatched to assist in the defense of the oil refinery, which had been under attack by an Imperial Wolf Pak chieftain who had called himself "The Lord Humongous"  The three squads were fast roped in roughly 2 hours before the outer defenses were breached.  The Lord Humongous demanded the surrender of the soverein held territory of Capitol, which was of course, refused totally.  After conferring with AFC Colonel Anthony Marinelli, a defensive perimiter was set up.  When the Wolf Pak agressors entered the defensive perimeter, they were quickly surrounded and nuetrilized.  Apart from heavy casualties from the Freedom Bridage garrison, actual casualties were minimal.  The Fallen Assault Marines were cremated as per custom, and their dog tags will be sent to Mars at the next convenience fo their next of kin.  The Wolf Pak and Freedom bridage corpses were burned to prevent re-animation.  After careful examination, the Wolf Pak equipment will be transported to Victoria, as a token of good will to Imperial Parliment, along with a drafted resolution for a cease fire over New Boise.  A detailed sit-rep of the surviving Freedom Brigadeers and Assault Marines will be forwarded to AFC command for review and commendation.  Todds, over and out."

A rather fun 1000 point brawl was had today between me and Steve (Masherking).

Things we learned:
Stealth is mean (Wolfbairns are sneaky gits)
Deadshot is good against a CC army. (yay Assault marines!)
One Haedhunter can reach for his dreams... his dreams of hacking apart a bunch of Assault Marines and Freedom Brigadeers.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #312 on: August 13, 2006, 06:14:13 PM »
Man I got my butt kicked in this game ouch!

First time using wolfpack troops. I think I have a bit of a learning curve with this army.
Not to take anything away from Jibba he beat me hands down.

Things I learned:
Stealth is neat...need to learn how to use this better.
keep my bikes back till the army is in the thick of it, then rush them in, not before. :'(
I love my headhunters. They are so sweet....maybe I'll try berserkers against Jibbas marines and see how they do.

One thing I learn about myself is I'm not use to people having more units then me  :P
being out actived is something I have to get use too.

I like the wolfpack army. Plays very different from my cartel and Dark legion armies.
Need to figure out a way to use them against Jibbas very shooty Captiol....Damn marines.

Good game Jibba
Next time I'll be ready.

Offline Brother Jim

« Reply #313 on: August 13, 2006, 06:38:47 PM »
   You take everyones force cards give them a good mix. Then flip the top card..thats the unit that activates. Repaeat till the deck runs out.

Some historical games do something similar and I believe its also in one of the rulebooks.

Makes for a kool game. It adds a nice touch of chaos to the turn order with no hassle and speeds up game play. I would say for people to give it a try; I like it alot.
The one about the force cards I would have really wish for was generic backs on the cards  :P

Confrontation did this too, but yes it would definately speed up play, especially if your opponent takes forever to decide what to do.
Fear my ability to teleport hand grenades into your pants..........without the pin or spoon !!!!

Ebay alias: sweettooth32

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #314 on: August 14, 2006, 06:56:05 AM »

Things I learned:
Stealth is neat...need to learn how to use this better.
keep my bikes back till the army is in the thick of it, then rush them in, not before. :'(
I love my headhunters. They are so sweet....maybe I'll try berserkers against Jibbas marines and see how they do.

Those Wolfbairns were really giving me worries.  I was hoping to spot them before they snuck up on my Assault Marines and ganked 'em.  Stealth is a mean mean thing.