Author Topic: The maplewood warzone saga  (Read 281664 times)

Iron Panda

Re: The maplewood warzone saga
« Reply #285 on: August 07, 2006, 04:06:50 PM »
Oh man, looks like a missed a bunch of good games.

Oh well, next week, I shall expose you all to the might of Horrorclix Cthulhu!

bro you would of loved the game John and I played.
just watching the Stalker go bat nuts and take names was to kool for words.
then the last bauhaus warrior on the table to end the game unhinged.
it was almost poetic.

Steve,

Sorry you missed it.  You have the midget to blame for all your woes.
In short, the game was awesome!!!
It was like the best parts of two movies combined.  First part was Shaka Zulu or Platoon in which hordes of enemy soldiers just comes rushing at you and eventually overwhelming your positions.  The Command Tower scene was cool.  This was the "Full Metal Jacket" moment in which a battered squad gets to storm the building to take the sniper down.

Madness, I tell ya,  Madness!!!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 04:08:41 PM by Iron Panda »

Iron Panda

« Reply #286 on: August 07, 2006, 04:14:49 PM »
Steve,

I forgot to mention.  Steve and Scott had a great Chronopia scenario that would be soo cool if you were there or I was playing with Swampies.  It involved some sort of Blackblood goblin incursion into the Fallen Lands and as Swampies,  have to defend our stuff from falling into the hands of the nefarious Blackblood goblins.  Those traitors. 

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #287 on: August 09, 2006, 09:20:22 AM »
Sweet!

I shall be there this week, and I will be bringing the Doom tiles for all kinds of indoors madness!

MADNESS!!!
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline mchiao

« Reply #288 on: August 09, 2006, 10:36:05 AM »
Arent you guys doing that 'other' game this coming Sunday?

BTW, the random force card activation is just awesome.  It was Masher's idea.  I think from now on, random force card activation is it!

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #289 on: August 09, 2006, 11:24:25 AM »
Blood Bowl?

Eh, that can wait till afterwards.

And my Halflings will be avenged!
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #290 on: August 09, 2006, 11:37:51 AM »
I think he's talking about Battlefleet gothic.
Steve from philly is coming to the store this sunday
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #291 on: August 09, 2006, 01:31:32 PM »
Dear readers after 20 pages I figure it has become time for a re-cap.

On Titan...
The battle on Titan has come to a close. The crashed Mishima battleship "Yoritomo" was used as a Cobra base who where kickout by Bauhaus who in turn where defeated by Dark Legion who defended it against  Mishima's attempt to take it .  Dark legion claims the ship and has renamed it the "AZOGHAR". Freed from it's icy tome it is last seen traveling to points unknown.
Aboard the ship and unknown to the Dark Legion is a small force of Mishima led by Ninja's who snuck aboard at the last battle. Last seen they have down loaded a powerful A.I. into the ships computer core and are now trying to find their way off the ship and back home.

On Venus....

The manhunt for Agent Nick Micheals goes on. Nick believes himself to be captiol prisoner. What nick doesnt know he's part of Cobra ruse.  He is really on Corbra island on Venus. Him along wtih other cartel agents are being interrogated by a Brotherhood inquisitor Brother Coins.
This begs to question. Why is The Brotherhood and Cobra "sharing the same bed" in the interrogation of the cartel agents?
 And why Bother to set up the ruse in the first place? what do they hope to gain in the prisoners believing they are being are being held by Captiol?

On the Martian moon Phobos...

The Bleeding Prophet is pleased at the string of victories and what a boon, the Battleship  "Yoritomo"... no correction the battleship "AZOGHAR" such firepower in the hands of the Dark Legions brings mankind closer to their doom MUHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
Now only a few loose ends need to be taken care of...yes only a few...should be no trouble at all.....
Preview of the many things to come.

Dark Eden, Trading post.

Welcome to BARTER TOWN all are welcome here from Brotherhood to Cyertronic, as long as you got Crowns to pay your way.
  So pull up a seat, have a cold one...(thats 2 crowns)...and enjoy the lastest of BARTER TOWN entrainment...THE TERRORDOME!!!!!!
                                                         .....(thats 10 crowns for front row seats)

On Ganymede ....The estate of Thomas Bartholomew.

" Sir was it wise to promise the hand of your daughter to that...that Wolfpack cheiftain Robert?"

"Dont be foolish, I told him he had do job for me before he can wed Julie. He will fail and die. I've seen to that. Julie will put him behind her, after much tears of course and marry Chester Murdoch like I planned all along." 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 05:10:04 PM by masherking »

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #292 on: August 09, 2006, 01:50:25 PM »
On Cobra island.

Nick Micheals laid in his cell trying to recover from his latest meeting with Brother Coins When the whole building shock from a ear shattering explosition knocking Nick off his bed.
         Just when he was getting back up and trying figure what hell was going on the celll door open. Standing there was a Mishima Doomtrooper.
                             "Come with me Agent Micheals if you want to live."
                                    with a devilish grin across his brusied face nick replies.
                                               "What hell took you so long?" 

Ok at long last the resuce of Agent Nick Micheals.
Players:
  Masherking (cartel)

Jibba (cobra/captiol)

Setup: Doom tiles (think space hulk)

specia rules:  Taking a clue from my Legion of steel game. Ignore unit cohession (its a indoor battle). Cartel gets nick for free.

Mission: cartel is to get to the exits on the otherside of the board. where they will escape cobra island on captured "bubble troubles". (fans of the old show know what I'm talking about  8))
           Cobra is to stop him.

We might base it off on of the legion of steel scenerios...I'll see how jibba feels about it.

Prize:
 cartel gets nick back! yeah baby

Cobra I dont know....Thinking of one of topkicks ideas will do (see his post below).

« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 09:36:24 AM by masherking »

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #293 on: August 09, 2006, 02:37:16 PM »
I would definitely use one of the scenarios from Legions of Steel. The layouts are provided and all you have to do is put it together and deploy. Using the tiles from LoS and the rules from Warzone makes for some kick-ass indoor scenarios.

As for the prizes I would tie this scenario into the next one as you have been doing. If the Cartel wins they get Nick back before Cobra interrogators break him. If Cobra wins then Nick breaks under intense interrogation and reveals a secret that will result in Cobra having an advantage during the next game - possibly during set up. Killing Nick basically ends the campaign before it is all played out.

Possibilities for the next scenario:

- the Cartel has discovered the location of a secret meeting of Cobra bigwigs and thanks to Nick's information Cobra can reinforce the security and turn the tables on the Cartel.

- the Cartel has a top secret base where they are developing a new super weapon. Cobra now has the location and can assault the base to steal the weapon. The info Nick has provided has given them an advantage. to represent this the Cartel may not use deployment cards - they must deploy the actual figs.

- Nick revealed several of the Cartel's long range plans and Cobra is now offering these plans to any Corporation wanting to meet their price. Excellent potential for a multi-player game.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #294 on: August 09, 2006, 04:58:50 PM »
I would definitely use one of the scenarios from Legions of Steel. The layouts are provided and all you have to do is put it together and deploy. Using the tiles from LoS and the rules from Warzone makes for some kick-ass indoor scenarios.

As for the prizes I would tie this scenario into the next one as you have been doing. If the Cartel wins they get Nick back before Cobra interrogators break him. If Cobra wins then Nick breaks under intense interrogation and reveals a secret that will result in Cobra having an advantage during the next game - possibly during set up. Killing Nick basically ends the campaign before it is all played out.

Possibilities for the next scenario:

- the Cartel has discovered the location of a secret meeting of Cobra bigwigs and thanks to Nick's information Cobra can reinforce the security and turn the tables on the Cartel.

- the Cartel has a top secret base where they are developing a new super weapon. Cobra now has the location and can assault the base to steal the weapon. The info Nick has provided has given them an advantage. to represent this the Cartel may not use deployment cards - they must deploy the actual figs.

- Nick revealed several of the Cartel's long range plans and Cobra is now offering these plans to any Corporation wanting to meet their price. Excellent potential for a multi-player game.

thanks
Really good ideas. If I had more people playing the last one would be very sweet.
I will be using one of those instead of killing off nick.
Sometimes the idea "well"  runs dry and need a little help  :P

I always thought LOS and Warzone go good together also ;)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #295 on: August 09, 2006, 05:58:19 PM »
Thanks. You've inspired me to run a Warzone Campaign this fall. I need to outline the storyline and then begin arranging the scenarios.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #296 on: August 10, 2006, 04:05:39 AM »
Thanks. You've inspired me to run a Warzone Campaign this fall. I need to outline the storyline and then begin arranging the scenarios.

Rock on, I inspired other campaigns...that rules. 8)

When jibba and I started this campaign it was a attempt to get some attention for the Maplewood hobby store and post some new stuff on forum (at time it seemed kinda quite).
We did a battle report of our first game with a little fluffy story to color it up. Fellowed by another battle were we linked the fluff up. Next thing you know the scenerios started writting
themselves.
     Believe me when we started all this there was no great grand story plan, now after
posting 20 pages on the forum I have a rough idea were it's all going but for the most part it still gets written on the fly.
       turns out I kinda like the writting part.   

If you can plan ahead on something like this your better man then me  :P

How many players do you have?

« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 05:07:38 AM by masherking »

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #297 on: August 10, 2006, 05:04:07 AM »
Yeah, it's really best if you just let it go along on it's own.  That way you don't have people trying to "win" the Campaign, instead they can just focus on the next scenario.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #298 on: August 10, 2006, 05:25:53 PM »

Your going to share this campaign on the forum right  ;)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #299 on: August 10, 2006, 05:38:48 PM »
The suspense and drama of the Maplewood Saga would be hard to even come close too but I will try. BTW - I haven't forgot the things on my "To Do List" I just need to get some time where I am not putting out fires at work.