Author Topic: The maplewood warzone saga  (Read 281767 times)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: The maplewood warzone saga
« Reply #270 on: August 01, 2006, 08:48:38 AM »
How about a Dark Eden scenario?

Just about done with my mad max army.
Then all about doing some dark eden :)
All I need is 8 more wolfbairn, 3 wolfbarin leaders , 1 to 2 head hunters.  and the list should be done.
thinking of adding berserkers ( + if I have too I can proxie the needed wolfbarin). I figure one more weekend of raiding the warzone stock at the store would do it :)
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline mchiao

« Reply #271 on: August 01, 2006, 10:34:13 AM »
In that case, let me go thru my Wolf Pack stuff and see what I need and what I have for trade.  I know I could use another head hunter chieftain or is it berserker?

After you have completed your acquisition, we can do a Wolf Pack scenario.

How about a Dark Eden scenario?

Just about done with my mad max army.
Then all about doing some dark eden :)
All I need is 8 more wolfbairn, 3 wolfbarin leaders , 1 to 2 head hunters.  and the list should be done.
thinking of adding berserkers ( + if I have too I can proxie the needed wolfbarin). I figure one more weekend of raiding the warzone stock at the store would do it :)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #272 on: August 01, 2006, 10:48:07 AM »
In that case, let me go thru my Wolf Pack stuff and see what I need and what I have for trade. I know I could use another head hunter chieftain or is it berserker?

that was the  plan for next week.
I know steve is also working on a wolfpack army too.
I wanted to do scenerios on dark eden (barter town anyone :) ) and on  "The Imperial held moon that I cant spell right (geadmyne??!??)".

Offline mchiao

« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2006, 12:15:49 PM »
Plan it out accordingly then.  I think I have 6~7 weeks left.  So, pick the scenarios that you wanna play.

In that case, let me go thru my Wolf Pack stuff and see what I need and what I have for trade. I know I could use another head hunter chieftain or is it berserker?

that was the  plan for next week.
I know steve is also working on a wolfpack army too.
I wanted to do scenerios on dark eden (barter town anyone :) ) and on  "The Imperial held moon that I cant spell right (geadmyne??!??)".

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #274 on: August 05, 2006, 01:24:21 PM »
I will be unable to attend today, as both mine, and my mothers cars are in the shop. :(

Play on, my friends, play on.

I will return, though, with a furious vengance!
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline mchiao

« Reply #275 on: August 05, 2006, 04:06:17 PM »
are you far away?  I can swing by and pick u up and hopefully masher or panda can drop you off

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #276 on: August 05, 2006, 05:48:19 PM »
I will be unable to attend today, as both mine, and my mothers cars are in the shop. :(

Play on, my friends, play on.

I will return, though, with a furious vengance!

Nooooooooooooo!!!!
these delaying tactics wont help. NICK MICHEALS WILL BE FREED!!!  :P

sorry to hear about the cars I hope it isnt bad.
you did call it though....after buying all those minis you said your car will break ::)

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #277 on: August 06, 2006, 07:23:51 AM »
Well, my car needs a few minor repairs to pass inspection.  My moms van (which I had hoped to use) decided to have it's ignition break while I was at a gas station on the parkway.

I blame the midget.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #278 on: August 06, 2006, 07:07:25 PM »
BATTLE REPORT:

Scenerio: THEY CAME FROM THE DARKEST NIGHT

they broken though into base.
screams of the dead and dying have been going on for the past hour.
It would only be short while before they found my squad... hiding in the old bunker.

you know what they say when you speak of devil....

...6 of us in old bunker. We sealed the door as best we could...for all the good it did us.
                  The screaming stop
                  There was dead silence.
        It was then I knew our time was up...I just simply knew.
                   They found us....god above they found us.

Bunker door crumpled like tinfoil. All of us fire into the darkness till our rifles barrels were red hot and guns went click. It was then the foul best came. 2 heads higher then a man and twice as wide; its insane huge gun held at the ready.... When it enter the room it was as if time slowed and I was able to capture every detail. First to die was Max fumbling for his spare ammo the beast open up. Hundreds of Teflon tip rounds tearing apart poor Max, limbs fell away as he crumpled were he stood. Next was Jorge, Staring at death in the face he gave a defiant yell and charged. The beast stop him cold, Stabbing him with its weapons bayonet Jorge hung there like a morbid ornament. Swinging its weapon to Hans, it fired. Jorge and Hans where turned to fine red mist. It then turned to Virgo and Markus and did the same to them.
          Even before the last shell hit the ground it turned its evil yellow eyes to my direction. It was then the last treads of my sanity left me and cold madness took its place. The creature saw..no knew.. the horrible scars it left on my mind and soul.
Knowing death would be a blessing it left me to my dementia.
            The Praetorian Stalker turned and went back into the darkness.

...it was a day later when Bauhaus recovery force found my in the corner, holding myself tight, surrounded by the rotting remains of my fellow solider's.
       They ask me what happen, over and over again.
        I gave them same answer every time...
                 ..."they came...they came from the darkest night..."

Iron Panda(Bauhaus) and I (dark legion) played "THEY CAME FROM THE DARKEST NIGHT" with slight change. We played with equal point vaules (1000pts)....MAN what a great came we had. The battle see sawed back in forth. The first half of the game I thought he had me. With night vision rangers and other grunts with tracer rounds he came prepared for a night fight. By the time my forces reach the base he gone and killed half my army. As I prepared for the assualt a squad of P. stalkers para deloyed right into the base. after 3 turns only one was alive ( but they did do their fair share of damage) the last one rush the main base buliding to take on the rangers on the roof. By this time the only thing left was my Behemoth, the stalker and a few undead. to make a long story short johns army was really untouched untill the Behemoth went bug nuts and simiply started killing everything and taking a lot of incoming fire. Using  the detraction the stalker attack the main building and in the process of a few turns end up killing the 2 squads in it ( now down to one wound). 
The Behemoth finally fell to Bauhaus endless rifle fire leaving only 3 Bauhaus squads on the table. At that point the Stalker using the heavy cover of the buliding (and only one wound left) killed off one squad on the ground to the man. Destoryed the other squad that tried to take back the main building and in last turn fired into the last squad hiding in a bunker for cover (it was broken and kept failing to rally) with only one guy left it roll moral again. He rolled a 20 
the last Bauhaus man left on the table became Unhindged!!!

Dark Legion wins with only one wound stalker left on the table.
Man it was great.
The Battle isnt over
till the LAST Stalker sings.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 07:45:09 AM by masherking »

Offline mchiao

« Reply #279 on: August 06, 2006, 07:11:29 PM »
Iron Panda,

I'm recalculating your force that you played today and I dont think you have 1000pt
250 = Heartguard - 6/1/1
176 = Warhounds - 8
075 = Hunter - 1
080 = Wyrd - 1
278 = Blade Maden 5/1
-----------------------------

I know you bought spell for the Wyrd but you still short.  Unless I left something out?

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #280 on: August 07, 2006, 03:50:05 AM »
Iron Panda,

I'm recalculating your force that you played today and I dont think you have 1000pt
250 = Heartguard - 6/1/1
176 = Warhounds - 8
075 = Hunter - 1
080 = Wyrd - 1
278 = Blade Maden 5/1

I know you bought spell for the Wyrd but you still short.  Unless I left something out?

this can mean only one thing
REMATCH!!!! 8)
and this time we'll double check the list to make sure you dont short yourself out. ;)

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #281 on: August 07, 2006, 04:50:00 AM »
Oh man, looks like a missed a bunch of good games. :(

Oh well, next week, I shall expose you all to the might of Horrorclix Cthulhu!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #282 on: August 07, 2006, 06:06:59 AM »
Oh man, looks like a missed a bunch of good games. :(

Oh well, next week, I shall expose you all to the might of Horrorclix Cthulhu!

bro you would of loved the game John and I played.
just watching the Stalker go bat nuts and take names was to kool for words.
then the last bauhaus warrior on the table to end the game unhinged.
it was almost poetic.

Oh yeah I ran a demo a chronopia for a bunch of guys coming to the store now.
looks like we just might  have few new players.
they also to get interest in johns and I warzone game. 8)

« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 06:09:35 AM by masherking »

Iron Panda

« Reply #283 on: August 07, 2006, 03:50:21 PM »
Iron Panda,

250 = Heartguard - 6/1/1
176 = Warhounds - 8
075 = Hunter - 1
080 = Wyrd - 1
278 = Blade Maden 5/1

Thanks for looking out.  I've rechecked the list and I've included the 8 slingers (224), banner of concealment (10) and the Call of Dragon spell for 20 pts.  In total they're  1003 pts. 

I should have used the slingers for full effect so that their deaths will be remembered.

Iron Panda

« Reply #284 on: August 07, 2006, 03:54:16 PM »
The Last Stand

Venusian Ranger Harold Kreichmann deftly loaded his rifle and shot a burst at the incoming horde of Dark Legion.  In the distance, he spotted the looming features of a Praetorian Behemoth, shaking its mighty bladed azoghar.  In his comm unit,he can hear the excited, almost panic-stricken voices of the 82nd Dragoons as the Behemoth strode the battlefield.  Kreichmann holds no fear for these abominations, to him the Dark Legion are an object of hate not fear or awe.  He took aim at an onrushing necromutant, and fired.  He cracked a grim smile as his target fell from his well-placed shot.  All over the compound, Sagielli Dragoons fired withering fusillades into the enemy, cutting them up like so much rotten meat. “These abominations will be stopped, right here, right now.”, Kreichmann, thought as he emptied his clip into the hulking form of Razide.

He was angry, damn angry.  All he wanted was an uneventful posting at some backwater, ready to serve out his remaining three days of his service unhurt and unharmed.  But instead, he was posted in this isolated frontline hellhole.  Dragoon Sergeant Ira Hayes could never guess why Bauhaus High Command wanted to exert their influence into this sector.  It has no strategic value, no resources, nothing.  His bitter reverie was shaken as, out of nowhere, menacing shapes dropped out of the sky and landed within their own fortifications.  The Praetorian Stalker emerged from the crater it had created, and glared malignantly at the troopers, its huge cannon swiveled towards them. Hayes knew they were dead, but an inner madness took over him.  Abandoning all reason, he charged at the monstrosity, and landed  blow after furious blow at the intruder. Staggering and bloodied, the stalker lurched back , gained its ground and snarled in its own dark tounge.  Taken aback, Hayes was about to leap at the Stalker but the last thing he ever saw was the lurid fire of his enemy’s cannon.

“Get me another clip!” Private Koch yelled, as he groped clumsily at the offered ammo.  “Sure, keep your pants on!” yelled back Private Vreeland.  Koch and Vreeland have been comrade in arms for a good part of three years, initially meeting each other at indoc and both serving in the Gravesend Archipelago Campaign.  A horrific crash of metal thundered in the distance as it mixed with an unholy howl of the behemoth.  Excited cursing rang around the bunker as all of them ran outside to see the commotion.  The middle fortification was crumpled as men from “D” Squad scattered, some held their ground shooting at the hideous, gigantic form of the Behemoth towering over the ruined bunker.  Its giant blade scything into the midst of the Dragoons, decimating what’s left of “D” Squad.  As the Behemoth plowed further into the compound, it knocked over a trooper, grabbed his prone form and sent him screaming into the command tower. Koch and Vreeland, along with their unit, laid a withering fire into the Behemoth’s massive form, most ricocheting off its huge armored body.  Some rounds, however, penetrated and created numerous bloody craters into its mutated, necrotized flesh.  Round after round, clip after clip, was poured into the Behemoth and finally, after countless barrage of fire, the behemoth lurched violently and fell onto the ground. Its dying howls reducing to gasps. 

Cheers erupted from the men knowing that the battle was won.
As they regrouped, the command tower exploded with heavy caliber fire.  Dragoon Sergeant  Jabari spotted a bloody form of a Praetorian Stalker, now taking cover in the building.  “Alright men!”, “Time to flush out the vermin!”  Koch and Vreeland provided covering fire as their unit advanced onto the building.  But the Stalker’s reflexes was fast as it laid a withering fire into the incoming Bauhaus troops.  Sergeant Jabari along with several of his squad, were cut down.  Koch and Vreeland, now remaining, were grim.  They have taken an oath as soldiers of House Sagielli to destroy evil such as these and never falter in that credo. They looked at each other, knowing they will never live another day and charged.

The Praetorian Stalker’s head was neatly separated from its body. Venusian Ranger Al-Tariq sheathed his combat knife and scanned what’s left of the outpost.  Dead Necromutants littered the perimeter as well as smoking bodies of the Razides.  The behemoth lies dead , its wracked body peppered by deadly Bauhaus fire.   Two stalkers also lay dead within the compound except for one.  Stealthily, Al-Tariq’s squad managed to enter the secure the lower parts of the building.  As they reached towards the tower, He saw movement ahead of the corridor into the control room ahead.  Slowly, they entered the room, A stalker rushed by knocking down one of his men, they opened fire into the intruder but they were too slow.  A hail of fire ripped into them, blasting them into oblivion.

Writings on a bunker wall.  It’s still there, looking for me.  Heinrich, Mannfred, Taka, all gone and I’m all alone.  I can’t leave,  It’s still there..  The horror…. The horror….
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 03:56:00 PM by Iron Panda »