Author Topic: The maplewood warzone saga  (Read 284135 times)

Offline mchiao

Re: The maplewood warzone saga
« Reply #255 on: July 28, 2006, 11:43:08 AM »
better yet, the chiuaua clan.

www.chiuaua.com home of masher's chiuaua pack... small but leathal

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #256 on: July 28, 2006, 12:12:23 PM »
It's the horrifying War Yip that terrifies his opponents.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #257 on: July 31, 2006, 06:25:08 AM »
So, the "Rescue The Baroness" scenario was finally played yesterday, with the visiting new Mapewood regular Scott (mchaio) as Bauhaus, Other Steve (masherking) as Cartel, and myself as COBRA (Capitol with the serial numbers filed off)

Basically, a model representing the Baroness was placed in the center of the board, with the objective being to get a model to her, pick her up, and bring her off the table, through the players deployment zone.   Martian Banshees (aka Aero-Vipers) were the real MVPs ofthe scenario, running in, grabbing her, and jumping back out. (After taking pretty heavy casualties.  Thank Thom for Resolve)  Meanwhile, my K-9 units got completely shot up, as the dogs completely failed to hit anything.  On the other side of the board, Scotts GT Off-road shot up an entire Cartel Agent squad in one turn, and a Wolfhead Dragoon rocket launcher took out a bunch of Cartel Police.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #258 on: July 31, 2006, 06:30:07 AM »
Later in the afternoon, Me and steve played a 600 pt. DL vs. Capitol game, which ended because Serge needed to close the store (Damn his eyes!!)  A Razide, a few Gamorean Emasculators, some Undead legionaires and a Preatorian Stalker squad went up against 2 squads of light Infantry and 2 Squads of Assault Marines w an Assault Marine Captain.  The LI got shot up my the Stalkers and the Razide, respectively, while the Assault Marines held up in a building and took pot shots at oncoming Necros.

the end of the game was a Razide, an Emasculator, a wounded Praetorian Stalker and a fresh one. and a few Undead Legionaires assaulting the building, with about 7 Assault Marines, a Sgt,and he Captain ready to make their last stand.  We considered it either a draw or a DL victory, as the Assault marines would have gone down fighting to the last man.

A rematch is set for.... sometime, as it was a very fun scenario.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #259 on: July 31, 2006, 07:36:31 AM »
DEAD SNAKE WALKING  battle report:

Town square, venus:

The  Baroness kneeling before the choping block, waiting for the excutioners axe to fall.  In the crowd, behind the reporters and onlookers, stood 7 men in long trenchcoats.  
             "This is Alpha team, target is in sight were moving in."  
        The coats fall to ground, the 7 men reveiling themselves to be cartel police force. Just as they were about to move onto the stage to take the Baroness the Excutioner drops to the ground in front of them. The obvious victim of a bullet to the head.
            "Who F*@%!! fired that shot"
                       "  None of us sir!!! "
                                         "Look to the sky."  
            The Cartel team leader looked up to the sky.
                   he heard them before he saw them.
               " COBRRRRRRAAAAAAAA!!!"
         Touching down around the Baroness .no less then 8 Aero Vipers.
                     " damn snakes!!!"
at that moment the crowd panics. To the cartel's right side he can see Bauhaus Wolfheads working their way down the street responding to the crazed crowd.
                   "This is team leader!!!  Situation is RED HOT repeat RED HOT !!!!"
                            " Its going to hit fan folks and were right in the middle!"

********************************************************************************            
            JIbba, scott and me (iron panda couldnt make it) played Dead Snake Walking. The fight was short and bloody like I thought it would be. I had Cartel police and Imperial doom troopers (infiltrate them right to the baroness) and 1 squad of peace keepers and 1 squad of agents.
           Jibba had 2 squads of banshees (aero vipers) some dogs squad (evil dog squad) and a charater that gave him unholy initiative.
            scott had wolfheads (with 2 rocket launchers my I add)  2 squads of dragoons???( I think) and GT off road.
            Jibba and I was familar with this scenerio so our forces were geared to grab the baroness and run.
           scott had a more traditional line up ( though I didnt think he would bring a gt off road  :o).

By turn 1 one Cartel cop squad, Imperial doom trooper, 2 squads of banshees, squad of dogs and host of civlians were in the center of table surrounding the baroness. since noone is allowed to shot anyone on turn one. (scenerio rule) only some minior HTH, Bauhaus slowly marches up the table.
                 by turn 2   The cops hold ground and shot up a bunch of of Aero Vipers, jibba jumps out with the baroness  
         bauhaus shot some rockets. gt offroad starts an fight with agents in my side of the table.
   Combined fire power of cartel and bauhaus kills the squad with the baroness, droping her on jibba's side of the table. the 2nd squad of Aero vipers jump out to pick her up. Combined Bauhaus and Cartel firepower drops the 2nd
Air viper squad to 2 men (one is still holding the baroness). They pass their moral.
                     Turn 3 Jibba last Aero vipers jump off with the baroness.
                               the rest of jibbas army is killed off (except his charater that lives), Bauhaus and cartel square off for 2 more turns with the target gone and Bauhaus overwhelming firepower, Cartel beat feet.

A fun quick game.
Some quick highlands

all of turn 2...a sweet sweet blood bath  
scott out frustation shoots a civilan so he can get a better line of sight on Jibbas dog  handler.

To bad Iron Panda couldnt make it. His dark legion would've up the chaos level :)

The outcome:
     Jibba wins so he gets his wish. COBRA is now (fluff wise) free to be its own power.
 **************************************************************************************

Next Battle
             ESCAPE FROM COBRA ISLAND
                               Agent nick micheals and fellow prisoners make their move.        

« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 10:45:24 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #260 on: July 31, 2006, 07:43:27 AM »
I can almost taste the sweet sweet taste of my legions of Freedom Brigades.

Oh, and rules-wise, COBRA simply uses the Capitol army list and build structure, with possible Cartel support.  The names are merely changed.  Really I just wanted another faction to throw into the mix, and since I have plenty of Capitol.... voila!

Iron Panda

« Reply #261 on: July 31, 2006, 08:58:46 AM »
AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

@*&#@*^## Stupid Home Depot and DIY projects!!!!!

The scenario was so much fun!!  To think, I could have unleashed my Semai Heritics and my oh-so beautiful Stalkers into the mix!!!

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #262 on: July 31, 2006, 09:10:53 AM »
Oh, and on a side note, for the DL/Assault Marine game, me and steve spent the whole time talking like proper Southern Belles.

Serge was very uncomfortable.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #263 on: July 31, 2006, 09:47:23 AM »
AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

@*&#@*^## Stupid Home Depot and DIY projects!!!!!

The scenario was so much fun!! To think, I could have unleashed my Semai Heritics and my oh-so beautiful Stalkers into the mix!!!

next weekend were doing 500pts of chronopia.

If you want you join in chronopia or me and you can do a warzone game (we'll "For the darkest night they come" if you want or hot DL on DL action) while jibba and scott do chronopia.

Let me know

I do have one game of warzone with steve that must be played

Iron Panda

« Reply #264 on: July 31, 2006, 10:07:14 AM »
I'm so in for Chronopia.  I'll bring the 500 pts  and I'm also good for warzone for the hot  DL on DL extravaganza.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #265 on: July 31, 2006, 10:21:26 AM »
I'm so in for Chronopia.  I'll bring the 500 pts  and I'm also good for warzone for the hot  DL on DL extravaganza.

Good I'll bring both.

Offline mchiao

« Reply #266 on: July 31, 2006, 10:37:17 AM »
I'll do the same...  We should be able to play 2 games if we start the 1st game like 10:30am sharp.

What Warzone scenario are we doing? kids vs dogs vs faceless?

Iron Panda

« Reply #267 on: July 31, 2006, 03:12:25 PM »
What Warzone scenario are we doing? kids vs dogs vs faceless?

Dude,

that's insane!!

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #268 on: August 01, 2006, 07:56:53 AM »
Oh my, yes.  Can you smell the burnt dog and child corpses? it smells like victory.

Offline mchiao

« Reply #269 on: August 01, 2006, 08:02:22 AM »
How about a Dark Eden scenario?