Author Topic: The Mighty Khan ATTACKS!!!!  (Read 14240 times)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
The Mighty Khan ATTACKS!!!!
« on: December 18, 2005, 05:08:15 PM »
The Mighty Khan, Leader of the Unstoppable Heavenly Ripper Beast Mongolian Horde has decided it was time to expand his empire.
His most exalted half bother "Kurgen the Mad" was sent to test the defenses of a Orc Village
and scout what plunder it had.

"Kurgen the Mad" took down all defenders, killed to the man. The village left ripe for the horde to plunder
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LONG RIDE HEAVENLY HORDE OF THE GREAT KHAN!!!!

Today Iron Panda and I had a great little Chronopia game to get our feet wet after not playing in so long.
IT was 500pts.
Iron Panda's army Defenders of The Blood throne.
  1 ork swordmans unit
  1 ork archer unit
  1 deathseeker

MasherKings army Kurgen the Mad's force.
  1 ripper beast lancers unit
  1 ripper beast archers unit
  1 goblin Chariot

Kurgen the mads force won hands down  against the orcs (not for nothing orcs are tough).
1 ripper beast archer died to ork arrows but not one ork was left standing.
ripper beast hit and run attacks really work. ;D

Thanks to Iron panda for a fun game.
Today I won but next time I feel he'll be ready for me and that could mean trouble ;)

-steve

« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 05:40:01 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
Re: The Mighty Khan ATTACKS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 11:17:09 PM »
I'd love to see pics of all those Rippers on the field...an awesome theme army if ever there was one.
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 05:50:58 AM »
I'd love to see pics of all those Rippers on the field...an awesome theme army if ever there was one.

For you south paw I see what I can do  ;)

and yes this turn out to be a very fun little army.
Its alot different in play from my dark tusk army, good god man  I move 7'' and I now have bows in my army list to boot.

I love my dark tusk but this was a nice change.

sadly its stuck at 500pts do to me buying out stores stock  :'(
gives me time to paint my swampies till the store gets more.

-steve

Iron Panda

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 04:31:25 PM »
The Ogre Deathseeker, Rashid Al Qasim, the divider of Firstborn limbs from their bodies, the destroyer of cities, the relentless blade of the Black Throne, and and all around nice ogre with a notorious short attention span with a big sword, cracked a smile as an orc runner relayed him the news.  He was informed that a contingent of renegade bandit goblin warband was heading towards this insignificant border hamlet.  After a year of sentry duty in this Throne forsaken backwater, he finally has a chance for battle.  "Fadlan,!" , He commanded to his orc garrison captain, " Gather your troops. and... oooh, look at that!! A shiny coin!....err, prepare to do battle.  Lets show these upstart goblins their place!."

If memory serves,  (ravages of aging is taking a toll) it goes something like this:

Turn 1. RB archers swarmed from a gate into the town square, loosing arrows and killed an orc swordsman fumbling for his  belt (serves him right! He should have been prepared.) The archers then swiftly moved into the safety behind  the town err...lantern thingy.  The chariot then rumbled into the town square firing off a shot killing an orc archer who was absentmindedly picking his nose with his mace. (The cretin!) RB lancers moved closer to support the chariot.

Turn 2. 

The archers shot off some arrows killing off a RB archer.  The ogre deathseeker, mad with berserk fury, charged into the chariot inflicting two wounds.  (Man, those razor swords are nasty!)   However, all was for a naught, as the RB lancers tore into the frenzied ogre.  The orc swordsmen charged into the lancers inflicting one wound.

Turn 3.

The chariot poleaxed a swordsman, while the lancers made short shrift of the swordsorcs.  The orc archers, never wavering despite the loss of their leader and comrades took a potshot at a RB archer but failed to hit or wound.

Turn4.

Game over man!!...

The ripper beast lancers tore into the ranks of the valiant orc archers, killing them to an orc.  In the background, the  lamentations of orc women can be heard. (not a good sight, lamenting or not.  Well, maybe.)

Masher and I had a really cool fun game. It was fast and furious and a good time was had by all!!

One thing I've learned after a long absence from is the value of deployment and movement and the use of offensive force.   For most of the game, I've kept my units bunched up and didn't maximize their movement for attack or defense.  Also, as a result, terrain hindered, rather than helped.

Oh well, maybe next time.  I got to paint some more orc figs for the next big game.  The honor of Rashid al Quasim and the Blackblood Empire shall be redeemed.

Cool game, Masher and thanks!

Rashid al Quasim peered from one good eye and looked with sadness as the orc hamlet burned.  His loyal orc slaughtered and maimed and an overwhelming desire for vengeance filled his heavy heart.  This  goblin khan was a formidable warrior indeed and their swords will cross once more. 

« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 05:18:40 PM by Iron Panda »

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 06:47:22 PM »
lol
well done Iron Panda, well done. :D

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 02:09:09 PM »
renegade bandit goblin warband

wait a tick.....Bandit...The Favorite Child of Heaven and Earth.
                                    Blessed By Destiny's Creed To Be Ruler of All, The
                                                  Great Khan Is No Mere
                                                         BANDIT!!!

oh how the Blood Throne will pay for this unforgiveable insult

Thats it. if gotta proxie the other 500pts till the models come in its going to be a 1000pts....well maybe....I'll have to get back to you that...jump the gun...all better now.
 :P
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 12:28:48 PM by masherking »

Iron Panda

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 08:30:19 PM »
Man, this is leading to some seriously fun campaign!  This is a good way to spark some Chronopia gaming.  Take your time, though.  I got to expand my Blackbloods as well and strip off the old paintjob on the old ones.   

Rashid al Qasim winced as he approached the perfume scented throne room of the orc provincial satrap, Baybars ibn Zakara.  Zakara, draped in silks and surrounded by a bevy of half clothed, nubile females, was an effete fop who had forgotten the stoic  Blackblood martial ways. 

"And what do you, have to report, Rashid?" He asked in his effeminate sing-song voice. "Another failure and disgrace to this noble house, I see.  Your incompetency knows no bounds.  It seems that a demotion to sentry duty hasn't thought you a lesson."  Quasim, on the verge of shaking with rage, answered back. " Sire, if I may.  You're continual support of the alchemical guilds and their forays into the Fallen Lands have drained us of resources and experienced warriors. Each of their expedition has cost us the lives of our proud soldiers and for what?  Worthless herbs to be manufactured as opiates and perfumes? I have to make due with what I have, sire,  a force of mere recruits ."  Zakara did not even listen to Quasim's continued long winded speech about the provinces economic and military issues and shortcomings as he stroked a giggling female elven slave.  Oh, how he loathed this insignificant common born ogre.  He should have disposed of this... this cretin of a general.  But he still have his uses and when he's done,   an assassin's blade will swiftly dispatch this troublesome lowbirth.

As Quasim finished his speech, he made a nod to his aide outside.   Zakara was about to retire into his inner sanctum when a commotion outside his throne room took his attention.  There was a clashing of swords as  bloodstained ogres in heavy armor strode into the throne room, their blades drawn and covered with blood.   Zakara  cried out at the horrific scene as his women scattered,  their shrieks fading into the distance. Quasim, with a practised ease, unsheathed his sword and flicked it towards to fleeing satrap.  The orc, tried to run but instead, fell realizing he no longer has a leg.  "How dare you?!! You and your entire family line will perish for this. Guards!!!"  Quasim bent over the fallen satrap and with a deadpan look in his grizzled scarred face said, " Sire,  our most honored excellency, Nizar Bloodbound, has heard of you squandering this precious province of his.  Numerous times, he has sent over emissaries to warn you of your misdeeds and time and time again, you have ignored them and considered his words as nothing more than suggestions.  He has grown weary you, my liege."

Zakara, shrieking with rage, replied, "I still have my authority, filth.  My sons and brothers will find out and will have your head!" Quasim, in a calm voice, answered. " My liege, as of this time, my men have already dispatched all of your kin throughout this province as well as the far corners of the Blackblood Empire.  You and your line are no more. "  Zakara's eyes widened, his body now weakened with the loss of blood,  " Filth, you will never ascend to the throne.   You of foul low birth...." Sire, I am merely an instrument of our Lord Bloodbound's will as well as you.  You have forgotten that."  And with that, Quasim watched Zakara's eyes close as he breathed his last.

Rashid Al Quasim strode to the blood stained throne and thought that it was fitting.  He gazed slowly away thinking that he will never be satrap of this province but all he can do now is to provide counsel and guidance to the next ruler.  No longer will this province be an impoverished backwater.  It will be prosperous once more,  and its warriors fierce and proud.  And as for the Goblin Khan who has shamed him.  Al Quasim will raise a new army and unleash his fury on him as well as the enemies of the BlackBlood Empire. 
Praise be the Blood Throne!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 08:34:35 PM by Iron Panda »

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 05:13:07 AM »
Well hot damn Iron panda
that was good.
you write for a living?

This campaign will be the stuff of legends.
They will speak of our battles for years to come
The Mighty Khan and the heavenly host mongolain horde vrs. the mightest nation the world his everseen, THE BlackBlood Empire.
this is so hot it gives me the chills ;D.

-steve

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 07:15:56 PM »
this one's for you Iron Panda. ;)

If one was to travel east, to the furthest edge of the BlackBlood Empire. Then take exactly ten steps beyond it. You'll walk right into the Eastern Border Sentry Tower.
It's crack stone and creaking timbers is home to two BlackBlood  border guards Hassan and Amante. Who now set on top of the tower watching the sun rise looking at the empty land below. Blissfully ignorant of the world beyond their easy jobs.
             "Hassan"
                 "yes Amante."
               "Listen."
   the Orc puts his ear to the wind.
                   "How odd Amante not a cloud in the sky, but I hear thunder."
                "HA! I thought so. I too thought it strange...ACK!!

Poor Amante never finished his sentence.
the Goblin arrow in his throat did a fine job of cutting him short.

In shock Hassan watch the now dead Amante topple over. He then turned slowly to the east.
What he saw will fill his last breath with dread.
              Their number so great the horizon was covered in their shadow.
                                      The Horde has Come!

By the time the sun hits high noon, Hassan and Amante would have long been dead. Their bodies peppered with the Hordes arrows. The old sentry tower burned by the Hordes fire.

So dear reader. If you ever find yourself by the old burnt husk of the Eastern Border Sentry Tower turn west, walk exactly ten spaces and have you minds eye wonder to that day.
You would  see the THE MIGHTY KHAN'S HEAVENLY HOST MOGOLIAN HORDE riding right into the heart of the BlackBlood empire. Their swords drawn and Arrows notch.
Moving like the Divine East Wind, RipperBeast  claws hitting the ground in a full run
making the sound of thunder.

Little preview of he box of hurt'n you just open.
                            THE MIGHTY KHAN IS COMING FOR THE BLOOD OF ORCS!!
                                MUHHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 07:22:59 PM by masherking »

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 10:27:09 AM »
Nice writing.  Y'all are makin' me consider the ripperbeast army.  Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Iron Panda

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 05:42:28 PM »
Masher,

This is indeed giving me the chills!!  I love the two sentries story!  Man, it's great to put some background stories to our battles.  It just gives it depth, and meaning that makes the game even more fun!! 

Awesome!  And oh yeah, Nizar Bloodbound's kin, Tarik al Hazat, has taken over the principality and Al Quasim has been elevated to Minister of War.  By their imperial decree, the citizens of the principality has been mobilized and geared for war.  Their hearts filled with pride and vengeance as they raised thier menacing curved blades, powerful bows, and lances in the air.  A fierce and guttural collective voice of,  "Praise be the Blood Throne!!" and " Crush the infidel Khan and his minions!!"Can be heard beyond the minaret and dome studded capital.  Meanwhile, In a basement government office, a lone bespectacled goblin imperial accountant, was busily crunching numbers for the upcoming yearly budget.   He scowled when he double, triple and qudruple checked the final total.  "This can't be right," he muttered as he started organizing his 1,000 page budget report.  As a financial bureacrat, he hated deficits of any kind but this one's through the holy vaulted roof of the capital building. A lot monies were spent (rather than saved) in recruiting and arming troops more so than the previous ruler of this land. Taking a sideways glance, he saw a folder labeled, "Project Warzone", and sighed deeply.  "More money to spend on tin soldiers, I believe, but that's a task for tommorrow." He donned his hat, closed his office door and headed towards home.

Masher,
The arms race has begun!!  I'm going to close the box of hurtin', giftwrap it and send it back to you!

Sigh, I'm supposed to be saving for rent...

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 07:18:08 PM »
Nice writing. Y'all are makin' me consider the ripperbeast army. Cheers.

joshuaslater join the HORDE the MIGHTY KHAN will honor you by allowing you to join in his crusade of conquest. ;) you know you want to.
   and when your enemy says " What kinda hell army are you playing Dude"'
                               your reply:
                                       "Our swords drawn and arrows notch
                                              We move like the Divine East wind
                                                  making the sound of thunder
                                                 Heavenly Host Monoglian Horde"

Iron Panda I feel your pain. Its getting to point I might have to get a horse, a sharp sword and raid the next town over to fund my hobby.
either that or nock up some chick so can offer thom my first born :P

Masher,

This is indeed giving me the chills!! I love the two sentries story! Man, it's great to put some background stories to our battles. It just gives it depth, and meaning that makes the game even more fun!!

You honor me sir.
your good sir, I'm just some hack :P
and yes writing a little pre battle story makes me really want to play. I never tried this before till  Jibba and I  started to write up our games and it turns out to be fun to do. and since no ones yelled at me yet I see doing more of it in the future.   ;)                   

« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 07:28:09 PM by masherking »

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2005, 08:24:28 AM »
Well, it's drawing people to the campaign, so we must be doing something right. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2005, 08:30:36 AM »
Well, it's drawing people to the campaign, so we must be doing something right. :)
well said sir
well said

Iron Panda

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2005, 12:33:45 PM »
Iron Panda I feel your pain. Its getting to point I might have to get a horse, a sharp sword and raid the next town over to fund my hobby.

Guys,
I went over to Maplewood Hobby  today and bought a boatload of DL stuff!!  There's a bit of everything from Cult to Horde and some Apostle figs and I'm thinking right now,  what the $$@#@ have I gotten myself into.  I've opened up another  Pandora's Box and the minis keep on piling!  This hobby is is getting to be quite a financial drain.  Oh well, I guess I'm stopping by CVS later tonight and get some cheap stocking stuffers as presents.

Yeeehaaaa!!

Warzone here I come goodbye rent $ and the MP3 player I've been craving all year!!!

Hotdamn!!! It's good to be a gamer!!