Author Topic: Bauhaus - Capitol - Speak : 1.st Lvl >humor<  (Read 4902 times)

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
Bauhaus - Capitol - Speak : 1.st Lvl >humor<
« on: February 11, 2008, 11:21:13 AM »
hi, found this, its hillarious..

the bauhaus phrases are all real/common/well known, but the capitol-translation is a word-by-word translation.
(and therefore missing the point..)

our second president Heinrich Lübke (1959–1969) was famous for one of these:
(He did it unintentional!)

"Equal goes it loose" -> "soon it will start"   (Like before a scoccer match)

(there is a word for "soon" in BH thats the the same as "equal"
same with loose & to start with)

note, it´s basically bauhaus humor, as the translations are intended to be not right/strange/horrible bad english (german-engrish).

(e.g. "Oh Double you!" = "Oh weh!" refers to the letter weh, wich is double you in english....)

so, here we go:

"That have you so thought!" = "Das hast Du Dir so gedacht!"    => That´s what you intended.. (but it won´t happen, implicated)

"Give not so on!" = "Gib nicht so an!"    => Don´t brag so much

"Heaven, ass and thread!" = "Himmel, Arsch und Zwirn!"   => Heaven, ass and twine (a curse, like dam it, when something does not work e.g.)

"How much watch is it?" = "Wieviel Uhr ist es?"   => what´s the time?

"Jack-look-in-the-air" = "Hans-guck-in-die-Luft"   =>  A story about a boy that did not look where he walks. eventually he falls into the harbor. a

"Us runs the water in the mouth together." = "Uns läuft das Wasser im Mund zusammen."    => the saliva flowting the mouth when hungry and seeing delicious food

"Human (being) Meier!" = "Mensch Meier!"    =>  Exlamation of amazement

"I only understand railstation" = "Ich versteh' nur Bahnhof"  =>  Phrase: "i don´t understand anything"

"It is me sausage!" = "Es ist mir Wurst"   => Phrase: "doesn´t matter to me/is equal to me"

"My dear Mister singing-club!" = "Mein lieber Herr Gesangverein!"   => phrase: excamation of surprise, astomishment, ~anger, approval, recogintion, ...

"Now we sit quite beautiful in the ink!" = "Jetzt sitzen wir ganz schön in der Tinte!"  => we are in deep **** now..

"Oh Double you!" = "Oh weh!"    => oh my..

"This makes you so fast nobody after" = "Das macht Dir so schnell keiner nach"  => no one will soon do the same deed as you just did

"Your English is under all pig!" = "Dein Englisch ist unter aller Sau!"   => phrase: thats bad, here, your english

"slow going is all trucks beginning = Müssiggang ist aller Laster Anfang"  =>    The devil finds work for idle hands/The devil finds work for idle hands to do./An idle brain is the devil's workshop./Idleness breeds evil./Idleness is the beginning of all vice

"to have a jump in the dish = einen Sprung in der Schüssel haben" => to be a bid mental/retarded

"to have much wood before the cottage = viel Holz vor der Hütte haben"  => big breasts

"to have not all cups in the board = nicht alle Tassen im Schrank haben"   => a little retarded/stupid/crasy

"together-hang-less = zusammenhanglos"  => without connection

Cities:

Ass-Monkey-castle = Arschaffenburg

Bathroom-rich-echo = Bad Reichenhall

Double you upper valley = Wuppertal

How's bathing = Wiesbaden

Raw-stick = Rostock

Rectal-town = Darmstadt

Spice-castle = Wuerzburg

There-mouth = Dortmund

To-Sitdown-home = Hockenheim

Top-of-the-train = Zugspitze
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 02:01:16 AM by NoTrollNick »
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Bauhaus - Capitol - Speak : 1.st Lvl >humor<
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 04:36:18 PM »
While one can, truly, appreciate Ass Monkey Castle, I think it would help to have the German intentioanl translation, not just the lieral translation.  It may prove even more hilarious.  Dodge?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 12:33:10 AM »
yes-- s.a.
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 11:37:01 AM »
Nice :D
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!