Author Topic: Invidian Reaver Proxies? And Zenthian Soulslayer Proxies?  (Read 6736 times)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
Invidian Reaver Proxies? And Zenthian Soulslayer Proxies?
« on: January 27, 2008, 04:33:24 PM »
Since these models have proven nigh-impossible to find (It seems the chances of me finding 4 Soulslayers is nil, and I understand the reavers don't even exist) - anyone have a suggestion?

D

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Invidian Reaver Proxies? And Zenthian Soulslayer Proxies?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 05:44:05 AM »
Reaver conversions are at the bottom of my to-do list but they are on there.  If you can find them, there are some really old MC figs that are a nepharite with a really long neck that would do in a pinch.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 06:17:01 PM »
Can't comment on the Soulslayer as I have never considered a proxy for that fig. Now the Invidian Reaver has held my attention off and on for over a year. My thoughts -

The Invidian Reaver's size means that you need a SZ 3 fig to represent it. After looking thru the options I chose the Doomsday Proclaimer. It has the worn and ragged look I saw in my mind when I read the description of the Invidian Reaver - kind of like the monster in Frankenstein the True Story (1973 made for TV movie starring Michael Sarrazin and James Mason) after the process began reversing itself.

I intend to remove the head and replace it with a skull minus the lower jaw and make a neck form the spine of a skeleton mount. The pic on pg 477 has me wondering if I should go with a human size skull or a larger one. I curently plan to trim the base even with the bottom of the robe and do not intend to add feet. The Doomsday Shotguns will be removed and the hands repositioned. Then I have to figure out the Deceiver Poweraxe. The pic on pg 477 reminds me of the Falsefire Axe carried by the Heretic Corruptor. I have a harpoon bit that I may add to a Tau rifle - but I am not sure on that part.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline CmdrKiley

• Mini Art of War
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 07:09:12 AM »
Mortis might be another possibiilty.  He already has the extended partial skull and his azoghar could be modified.
Back in my day we didn't have that fancy non-toxic pewter stuff.  We played with lead, LEAD I TELL YA! and we liked it.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 10:45:53 AM »
OOOOOOH.   Good suggestion - and I have 3 of him sitting in their lih-tle blisters looking oh so useless....

They look esp. like the pic (that little b&W sketch) if you glue the heads to the neck stumps instead of the middle of the chest.
And the Azgr could easily be the axe in question IMNSHO.

Thank ye CK!

D

Now....what the heck am I gonna do with that extra Shekral fig.....
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 11:11:26 AM by warzoneD »

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 05:46:23 PM »
If by Mortis you mean the fig shown as the Nepharite Warlord on pg 460, I could see using the head but that's about it. Of course I look forward to seeing how it turns out
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 05:55:20 PM »
If by Mortis you mean the fig shown as the Nepharite Warlord on pg 460, I could see using the head but that's about it. Of course I look forward to seeing how it turns out

Top, that is Mortis. He is a nepharite.  Are we talking about the same fig?  There is a drawing of him on p. 461, at the bottom, as well.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 06:31:36 PM »
That's the one and while I could see using the head the rest just doesn't work for me.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 07:25:29 PM »
Well he is a SZ 3 fig and he does have an axe and if you mount the head on the neck protrusion and hack off the horns it looks a bit like the sketch on pg 477.

D ;D

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 05:24:53 AM »
True enough, WZD.  Man, all this talk of peopl wanting figs has got me wanting to try my hand at sculpting.  I swear, I am going to try it.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »
Can you sculpt?  Impressive.

D

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 12:08:54 PM »
I have done a few minor conversions, but I want to see if I can do an entire fig.