Author Topic: Rally Others  (Read 7747 times)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
Rally Others
« on: January 26, 2008, 02:42:47 AM »
Again prob. somewhere in the FAQ and I missed it, but Pg. 43 refers to a "Rally Others" skill - no where to be found in the book.

Also - Can Force Commanders use actions to rally non-controlled squads in CD?

Anyone?

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Re: Rally Others
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 02:48:09 AM »
pg.71 Commander: Unit/Divisional/Force

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 04:12:26 AM »
Also - Can Force Commanders use actions to rally non-controlled squads in CD?
i think yes.

to be part of a squad really only means the sqad is bigger -> headcount.
the command distance (area) is not lost when part of a squad.

right?
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 11:34:49 AM »
Hmm - So, Mitch hunter could usa an action to rally 1 panicked squad he's NOT a part of?  But could NOT use 2 actions to rally 2 different squads?  Yes?

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 12:51:28 PM »
i think he could rally 2 squads.. *edit, see below*

why not?

i think beeing part of a squad is not important *edit, -> he may be part of squad A, but may rally B, right? *
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 03:43:40 AM by NoTrollNick »
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 02:07:18 AM »
Pg. 43 " An individual model with Rally Others may only use this Acyion once per turn."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 09:34:34 AM »
Rally Others may have been a rule that was, originally, intended to be an SA, but was left out in the skills section.  Use the Commander rules for this.  I believe that that is what Coil was conveying.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 12:27:01 PM »
Oh yes, yes...that's most clear. 

Was just verifying how many times the hero can do it in a single turn.

:)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 01:18:20 PM »
Well, a squad leader mus use any and all available AC's to attempt to rally.  Therefore, I see no limit.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 01:39:06 PM »
Yes - but I'm asking about heroes/commanders NOT attached to the unit....

This happened the other day - E.g. there are three broken units about to high-tail it off the board. 

Mitch Hunter, running around the field solo, activates - He's in CD of all 3 squads.  Now, can he try to rally all 3 squads (spending his 3 actions to do so, 1 AC on 1 rally attempt for each squad)? 

Or, can he only use his ability 1x (and therefore only rally 1 squad) as dictated on pg. 43

Capice?

Offline Lopis

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 02:39:10 PM »
As I read it he can only rally one Squad, for which he can use all of his 3 actions.

I think you can only rally one squad succesfully by the rules with a division commander....

If you want to bend the rules you could with the first action rally a squad.
With the second assume command of another panicked squad and with the third rally them.

That would make two squads.

The first one as a division commander and the second as squad leader....

OK its sticky but could work ;-)
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 06:49:12 PM »
Any reference to "Rally Others" is moot,as it ws replaced by the Commander special ability.  No model has the Special Ability of Rally Others.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 06:14:52 AM »
but what is the intention?

does X-commander, that includes the "rally others"-effect, also include the drawbacks, like 1/turn??

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 07:06:08 AM »
I can say it no better way than the following:  Rally Others does not exist.  For all intents and purposes, ignore it, and any reference to it.  The only models that are limited to one Rally attempt per turn are those models who are not Squad Leaders.  If a Squad loses its Squad Leader, the model with the next highest leadershi becomes the de facto Leader, however, it is limited to one Rally attempt per turn.  Otherwise, Squad Leaders must spend any and all Actions to attempt to Rally their Squad.  Commanders may spend any and all Actions to attempt to Rally a Squad that is within Command Distance.  Commanders that become the Squad Leader of a Squad are then subject to the Squad Leader rule.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 10:33:48 AM »
"The only models that are limited to one Rally attempt per turn are those models who are not Squad Leaders."

Ah, my friend, you see, you have inadvertently answered my question...  :)