Author Topic: Life After People  (Read 5337 times)

Offline Glenn M

Life After People
« on: January 25, 2008, 07:23:10 AM »
So, History channel ran a show called Life After people with scientists theorizing what would happen to the remnants of our civilization after we are gone.  I must say it was really interesting.  I wouldn't say they are completely accurate, but if was still pretty cool.

My favorite part was what they think will happen to skyscrapers after I think 50 years.  Basically they become vertical ecosystems made up of smaller animals and plants.  They figured things like mice would move in for protection and food, followed closely by the descendants of house cats.

http://www.history.com/minisites/life_after_people

If you can find it, I'd suggest watching it.  I wouldn't say it is worth the $20 they are asking for it on their site though.   I guess they have be running it multiple times though.

My wife got mad at me as the first thing I was thinking of was a D&D capaign.

Later,
Glenn

Iron Panda

Re: Life After People
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 07:44:32 PM »
The show's very interesting and after watching the premier, I'm hooked.  It was fascinating to watch the cities transform as they get reclaimed by nature and wildlife flourish without human influence. 

Great series and looking forward to watching them all.

BTW, this was the based on the book, "The World Without Us", by Alan Weisman.  Gotta pick this up one day.

http://www.worldwithoutus.com/index2.html

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 05:21:26 AM »
Sounds like great Dark Eden inspiration.  Can't wait to get off this tub so I can check it out!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Iron Panda

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 06:55:04 AM »
Sounds like great Dark Eden inspiration.  Can't wait to get off this tub so I can check it out!

:D

That's so true!