Author Topic: Mishima Warrior Monk Proxies  (Read 11477 times)

Offline CmdrKiley

• Mini Art of War
Re: Mishima Warrior Monk Proxies
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 09:36:23 PM »
Rezolution is my all-time favorite, yes I like it even better than Ultimate Warzone :o.
Back in my day we didn't have that fancy non-toxic pewter stuff.  We played with lead, LEAD I TELL YA! and we liked it.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 09:45:05 PM »
How are the rules/forces diff?

Are we allowed to discuss rival game son here???  Maybe we should talk on TMP.   :)

D

Offline CmdrKiley

• Mini Art of War
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 10:49:01 PM »
Oh yeah here's another great one from Rezolution.

Ronin Fist, Male

Ronin Fist, Female, she's in the left front.  Only available in the Ronin Starter set however.
Back in my day we didn't have that fancy non-toxic pewter stuff.  We played with lead, LEAD I TELL YA! and we liked it.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 04:26:02 AM »
How are the rules/forces diff?

Are we allowed to discuss rival game son here???  Maybe we should talk on TMP.   :)

D

We are fairly open-minded here; many have waxed poetic about their other favorite games, Legions of Steel, No Limits, Shockforce, and Vor being among them.  That said, I would not suggest starting a "I love Rezoluton" child board.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline CmdrKiley

• Mini Art of War
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 06:27:46 AM »
Not to start a Rezolution love-fest but to answer the question.

Rezolution is like UWZ in that it's an alternating activation skirmish game. 

Ulike UWZ it's smaller scale (uses mostly individuals with only a few squads) where most typical games are about a dozen figures per side and it uses an opposed rolling system for it's primary combat mechanics.  Shooter rolls 2d6 and adds his Ranged Combat Attribute and Range and Cover modifiers, Target rolls 2d6 and adds his Size and Agility Attribute.  Higher score wins.  A double 6 is always a hit (unless target rolls a double 6, which we describe as a Matrix-style bullet dodge) and scores double damage.  A shooter rolling snake-eyes ends up with a gun jam or out of ammo, while if the target rolls a snake eyes he's automatically knocked prone (tripped while attempting to dogde a shot) in addition to whether being hit.

It's a cyberpunkish setting with a very asian action movie feel to it.  I describe it to players as "Bladerunner directed by John Woo".  It has computer hacking, crazy martial arts stunts and lots of gunplay and bullet dodging.