Author Topic: 3 Player Scenario. Attack & Defend. Battlereport following  (Read 7041 times)

Offline Enker

3 Player Scenario. Attack & Defend. Battlereport following
« on: January 10, 2008, 12:06:29 AM »
3 Player Scenario

Anywhere in a basis at the edge of the Mars Northpol:

“What the hell, why are why here? The Walkers nearly cannot move because the oil freezes and our soldiers are ****ing ice cubes! I want a good explanation, Major”
“Don’t speak to me like that! I hate this here, too, Captain. We all freeze like liquid nitrogen. Since the blizzard broke down communication with the other corporations and the headquarters we don’t know what is going on at this basis. On top of that we heard gunfight last night. It is fact that the one who occupies two of the three commando points controls this basis. This control we will achieve as soon as the blizzard slows down just a little bit. So be prepared.”

Task:
A building is assigned to each player. The buildings have a strategic important middlepoint.
The task is to hold your own building and storm the one building in anticlockwise direction.

Force:
1000 Pts
500-700 Pts must go into the offence.
The offence is not allowed to attack another offence for the first two rounds. They even ignore target priority for that.
This applies analogously for the defense.
No OBA or field engineering equipment.

Environment:
Arctic level 6 (Automatic Limitations: 18’’ LOS ; Combat Fatique -3 ; Reduced Moral -4)

Deployment:
In each deploymentzone must be a building to defend.
The middlepoints build a triangle with 32’’ distance between two points.
Your deploymentzone is a circle of 10’’ radius about this middlepoint,
but you are not allowed to deploy your models closer than 28’’ inches to the middlepoint of the enemy that is storming you.
So after the deployment the distance between models in two different deploymentzones is a little bit over 18’’ so you cannot shot each other.

Victory Conditions:
You must fulfill two things:
1. You must have a model on the middlepoint, which you have to storm, for a complete round.
If the model panics you failed for this round.
The model can use its actions on this middlepoint but is not allowed to MP, hide, e.g. It must be a visible target.
So you better first clean the enemy building or have a very very tough model on this point.
2. At the end of this round there may be no enemy model in your own deploymentzone, which has LOS to the middlepoint which is its storming target. Second you must have one model left in your own deploymentzone.

At the moment I have no quick internet access. As soon as I get one I will post some picture from the battle. This time it’s Mishima vs. Imperial vs. Capitol.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:10:06 AM by Enker »
Marines! Lets kick some A S S!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: 3 Player Scenario. Attack & Defend. Battlereport following
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 02:26:44 AM »
Nice.  Kind of Red Vs Blueish.  I like it.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Lopis

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 12:53:46 PM »
Here´s the map and deployment for you:

Green: Deploymentzones with their centers
Red: Buildings to defend
Blue: different buildings

For translation referring to our field (watch the picsin the thread for the Asteroid inspection):

Lagerhalle: storage building
Bunker: same in english ("bunkerfield")
Bahnhof : (Railway) station

Reaktor: same in english (field-part "powerplant")

Turm: Tower
Landeplatz: airfield
Halle: hall    --> all on the heli-port field

Brücke: Bridge

Fabrik: same in english
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 02:33:18 PM by Lopis »
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 07:57:20 AM »
Cool little layout, and thanks for the translation for us mon-linguistic folks. ;D
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Enker

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 12:05:44 AM »
Another gloryfull victory for Capitol. We really kicked some Mishima and Imperial ass.

Buildings to defend:
Capitol: Station
Imperial: Fabric
Mishima: Storehouse

The forces

Capitol
Defense:
5x AM with HMG Spec
1x AM Captain
5x FM with Tank Hunter
1x FM Gunnery Sergeant

Offence:
5x Hvy Inf with Sniper
6x K9
N. Parish
B&G Col
Orcas with Flamer Spec.

Mishima:
Defense:
3x Phoenix
2x Phoenix
4x Faceless
4x Faceless
2x Demon Hunter
Ameratsu

Offence:
4x Faceless
4x Faceless
3x Dragon Rider
Hachimann
5x Arch Primates with HMG Spec.
Crenshaw

Imperial (I’m not really sure on this one):
Defense:
2x Squads ISC Gendarmerie
1x Col.
4x Fenris Bikes

Offence:
2x Squads Mastiffs
1 or 2 x Squad Headhunters
Sean Gallagher
2x Necromower

The Way to victory:

I had to defend the station. Mishima attacked me and I had to attack Imperial.
Mishima surprised by calling for aid of the Brotherhood with its support units.
He deployed his Arch P. in my back on the bridge. Crenshaw popped up in the station.
The FM tried to hit the Archs, but did no good job. In fact the Archs mixed up my FM.
The AM did a very good job to defend against the storming Riders, Faceless and Hachiman.
Gunslinger + Deadshot + HMGs + RC 11 can be a very deadly defense.
Crenshaw really played no part in this battle. It was to cold for him. He failed much enviro. checks.
I think he had a strong cold. In the later game two remaining Hvy Inf killed nearly the whole squad of Archs, yeah, excellent work.
Mishima was often ad the edge to conquer my building, but I always could stop his affords.

In my Offence Imperial tried to counter with Fenris Bikes. He intercepted me with them, but they did only a few damage to me.
The Fenris just delayed my offence for two rounds. The mistake of Imperial was to just let the SMG Guys wait for my offence in the building.
He should have moved them out earlier to shot at my offence. So I stormed the building with only a few losses and burned the building out.
In round six I reached the target point with an orca and hold it until the end of the battle.

On the other front Imperial attacked Mishima. There Imperial had bad luck really. It seems that the Wolfpacks are sissified.
They often collapsed in this arctic env. . But the Defense with a hail of bullets out of the HMGs from the Phoenix and Demon Hunters was very effective.
On top of that the kamikaze actions of the Faceless did a pretty good explosion, too.   Mishima never really got into trouble there.

Yes, Lady Luck was slightly on my side. Mishima often hit me, but I even more often rolled saves.
I succeeded in most of the environment checks, but my troopers were equipped very well against the cold.
Therefore I lost nearly every initiative. Ok, the action with the two remaining Hvy Inf then was a very lucky erase of the Archs.

I think this type of scenario is the best way to play with 3 players.
You have a clearly differentia between the fronts which makes it a fair game for everyone with no nasty tactics were the victory is played out by just two players.

The Battlefield (its 180° rotated to the layout)

Capitol Station

Imperial Fabric                                                                                                                                   Mishima Storehouse

My Offense

The builing I had to defend
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 12:16:08 AM by Enker »
Marines! Lets kick some A S S!

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 02:32:01 PM »
Excellent Batrap.  I like the scenario idea.  I may steal/convert it for Chronopia.  Great looking battlefield.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 08:23:34 PM »
Sweet battlefield and a great report.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!