Author Topic: 2008 Workbench.  (Read 78360 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
2008 Workbench.
« on: January 04, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »
Share your finished or work in progress Chronopia models for this new year here.  I'm hoping 2008 will be productive for all of us in our shared hobby.  Post pics, or tell us what you've got on the workbench.  Share ideas, paint schemes, conversions and terrain ideas.

I decided to do this to keep a log of chipping away at the pewter mountain in my house.  It's beyond ridiculous. 

New Year's day I nursed my hangover and assembled a Horned Ones' Totem, and have the second one nearly finished.  Two Horned Raider's are done.  Tonight will be all about the green stuff.  When you get callouses from a pin vice, you're really working!!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
Re: 2008 Workbench.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 12:23:32 PM »
 A new place to inspire us all.Just been thinking of the Devout Funeral Bargeand have seen the new GW Plague Cart.This would be a nice start to the model.So when it comes out I will be getting one.Yet another project to start.I know this was in nother discussion so what would people suggest as to items to use and size?

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 12:28:12 PM »
Definitely post pics o' that.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 07:11:21 AM »
 Just been looking at Coki's site and noticed the 800 point forces painted on there.So today I have been cleaning off 800 point's worth of Devout  troops.I hope to try to get one unit done per week.This may be optomistic as I dont get that much time.I think this is the best way for me to get some miniatures painted and try for several forces.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 10:53:49 AM »
     Still working on Troy's Horned Ones, which I pray to get done by spring.  I have collected all the info for my War Torkha Proxy(s) and will be ordering it soon.  At the moment I'm wavering on finishing up some Devout, or working on some more Blackblood.  I'll probably play Blackbloods a few more times and see how I do with them.  They might get retired for a while as I want to finish some Sok for my Shadow Tribe.  I've been caught by the Dark Lord and his grip is tight.  I also got a Grendel gothic ruins in and want to do it up for a scenario with my Devout, plus maybe a graveyard.  I keep dancing around what to start and never seem to have the time, so consequently the number of things to get done continue to grow.

I still have the Devout Funeral Barge on the back burner, I just can't seem to decide how I'm going to do it.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 10:59:45 AM »
 DogOWar you are in the same boat as the rest of us.Plenty of ideas and no time to do any of them.
 Lets see if we can post something new every week and see where we go from there.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 08:44:24 AM »
As of the last week I've assembled and primed Two Horned Ones Totems--much pinning and gluing, two Horned Raiders, primed about 50 models from various companies.  It's been a ridiculous slog.  My goal is to assemble and prime all the armies I have for Chronopia this year, so everything is out of the blisters and in the cabinet, playable, even if unpainted, even though I hate doing it.

On the paint roster (on top of all my projects): Paint a Dark Tusk army for my one nephew, and a Helios Elf army for his brother.
Paint some Spinespur for the con at the end of this month.
Paint a Warzone army for Talamania II.

I actually have a callous from the pin vice from all of the construction.  The girl I'm seeing now laughed at that, but she's such a sweetheart: she stopped and picked up primer and pin vice bits for me on her way over.   ;D

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 09:56:36 AM »
@Josh-- That sounds like a good lady, not all of them are so understanding. 

As soon as the weather lets up, I plan on finishing priming every thing for the Hormed Ones, prep my cathederal, and get around to ordering stuff for the War Torkha.  Once I show Troy what the torkha is going to lok like, I'm sure to get plenty of motivation fromhim to finish his army. :D 

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 10:55:23 AM »
I curse the rain too.  Tonight is going to be painting models upstairs, while letting primer dry out back.  I've literally hit critical mass.  My 2008 Resolution is to have all the Chronopia models assembled and primed, out of blisters and boxes, and in the cabinets. 

You can't argue with 70% off when a hobby store clears out their stuff!!!!!!!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 01:20:12 PM »
You can't argue with 70% off when a hobby store clears out their stuff!!!!!!!
\
You could, but if you did you would definitely be a candidate for the title King of Moronica  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 02:13:06 PM »
Yeah Hal, you're right about that!!  Let's see what progress I can make tonight.  I've fallen into a groove of assembling and priming, which is good, as I've so much to do, but it would feel really good to finish some individual models, and a squad or two.  Keep on keepin' on.

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 03:14:52 PM »
Pssstt Josh...

Over here....

I hear theres a hobby shop offering 75% off any remaining Warzone and Chronopia figs. I know ya want them. 75% five five five five  percent percent percent off off off off

There is no such store. This is a joke. Do Not PM me asking where it is and can i go looking for anything.  :D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 11:55:50 AM by PhillySniper »
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 08:21:47 AM »
&%% OFF!!! :o :o  Holy cow, I wish I lived someplace tht had hobby stores.  Everything I hadve gottenhas been thru the internet.  There are some up K.C. way, but that is a drive for me.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 09:51:39 AM »
Maplewood Hobby in New Jersey was akin to a crack den for miniaure gamers like us.  I barely escaped.  I can stop any time I want to, I swear it!!

Last night was ZERO productivity, with the exception of sorting through all the Warzone stuff for my Talamania debut.  I did manage to find my Doomsday Proclaimer, after much digging.  It was so depressing seeing piles of pewter going back to the eighties, seeing stuff I've since stripped, seeing stuff I had forgotten about; just depressing. 

Well, there's always tonight.

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 11:55:23 AM »
&%% OFF!!! :o :o  Holy cow, I wish I lived someplace tht had hobby stores.  Everything I hadve gottenhas been thru the internet.  There are some up K.C. way, but that is a drive for me.

Um you didnt read my post closely enough lol  ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem