Author Topic: Characters  (Read 9241 times)

Offline Lopis

Re: Characters
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 12:46:41 PM »
As you say it .....yes

I never play Mishima but pretty deadly I think is Amaterasu. Not by herself, but behind two Squads os Naganos which she heals all the time she´s a nasty bit on the field....
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 01:54:06 PM »
As you say it .....yes

I never play Mishima but pretty deadly I think is Amaterasu. Not by herself, but behind two Squads os Naganos which she heals all the time she´s a nasty bit on the field....

Jibba used her once Holy Smokes can she dish out some damgage with that sword (19 dam I think??). Shocked I dont see her used  more.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 04:12:44 PM »
For my money, gimme the deadly combo of Vahl'Dredd, his lackey and a Nepharite of Ilian.

Talk about slinging spells and lead!

The last game that I plyed, it was Vahl and the Nepharite making their stand against the Machinators.  Anytime those toasters wanna come try their luck again, John, bring 'em!

could you explain this further?

of course vahl has a good gun and can take 1 illian spell.
but the nepharite can only take spells (ok, got sword & pistol..)

i don´t think (but i want to have it explained) how this combo is esp. strong..

against mashinators as well.. quick, strong (-> binding them in CC), 2 W, good attack (group), HMG dude...  ???

cu´s

p.s. i like this 39 (36?) point woman from capitol.. cheap, good shot, strat ins. -> very much worth the points

Vahl'Dredd has an HMG, a sword and Chains of Ilian (not to mention 4 WD, counting his lackey) and can take 1 Power.
The Nepharite has a sword that does residual damage wersus mortals, Chains of Ilian and a Pistol - plus it has 4 AC, 4 WD and can take 3 (4?) Powers.

Do I need to explain further?  If so, perhaps you should ask Archer how well this combo did, even rolling umpteen 17's or higher when trying to cast Dark Lightning.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 08:04:34 AM »
I really hate Valpurgis. Next time I see him itll be between the cross hairs of a sniper rifle  ;)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 08:18:38 AM by PhillySniper »
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 11:03:55 AM »
Do I need to explain further?
yes please

In another thread, perhaps.

Back to the discussion, please.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Seamus

• Branch Incentives
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 06:06:35 AM »
My favorite depends on which faction I am playing.  When I first started playing during the second edition days, my first army was capitol and my favorite is a toss up between the Orca and Mitch Hunter.  Mitch had such a high initiative in second edition that I almost always won.  I have played capitol with UWZ yet but I think my favorite is still the Orca, especially the flamethrower model.

My second army was Dark Legion - Cult:  I won the 2004 Origins Championship with my cult army.  While the Neronion Razide was great as a support and bullet soak, my favorite was actually a squad of Destroyers.  With 2 wounds and equally good in RC & CC (10 rating in each), they won the day for me at the championship.

My favorite in my Sons of Rasputin army is the Northern Sons in either edition of the game, they always perform admirably and usually to the death but not before taking out twice their points.

Imperial - I like to play Wolf pack.  My favorite is the Wolfbane Commando HMG.  I almost always take at least two squads of commandos and a Vanquisher to take command of each one and two HMG's for each squad.  More about my tactics in the tactic thread.  Great stuff!

Dark Legion - Muawijhe: My favorite HtH army.  Favorite model, Doomsday Proclaimer followed closely by the Zenethian Soulslayers or as I call them, Vulcan Can openers.
Seamus Muadhen
eBay: branchenterprisesinternational
email: dkidd23 AT yahoo DOT com

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
General Douglas MacArthur
US WWII general & war hero (1880 - 1964)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 01:46:45 PM »

Vahl'Dredd has an HMG, a sword and Chains of Ilian (not to mention 4 WD, counting his lackey) and can take 1 Power.
The Nepharite has a sword that does residual damage wersus mortals, Chains of Ilian and a Pistol - plus it has 4 AC, 4 WD and can take 3 (4?) Powers.

Do I need to explain further?  If so, perhaps you should ask Archer how well this combo did, even rolling umpteen 17's or higher when trying to cast Dark Lightning.

It was HIGHLY annoying.  Mr Armor Save there (Damage 15/16 and he's making saves like noone's biz) simply would not do the proper thing and die so I could let the Mk1's continue their processing of his army into little bits.

I would would gladly have traded a few of your botched spells for less armor saves by that wrecking crew.

We will have a second match at some point- perhaps next month.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y