Author Topic: VOID VEHICLE STATS FOR UWZ - HELP!  (Read 18154 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: VOID VEHICLE STATS FOR UWZ - HELP!
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 05:09:39 AM »
Scotia Grendel has picked up Void 1.1 but I was having trouble finding that particular piece. Now that I have the faction I can try again
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 06:28:08 AM »
So who thinks we should make Archer our official new unit coordinator?  I mean we send him a new unit, it goes through all the stations (admin, s-4, etc.) then he perhaps playtests it and introduces it to the rest of us at a Hail and Farewell (not so much on the farewell since we don't really get rid of units here).
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 07:37:52 AM »
Well.... Prime has a copy of the Cartel Project stuff for constructive Critique as well as a proposed adjustment to the Consultant/Support selections.  Those proposals make it a bit more fluffy for selecting Cartel units/individuals  and Doom Troopers as Corp support... as well as getting Corp units as support for Cartel.  Pretty well thought out... at least I think so :)

As for your suggestion vis'a'vis what ever Thom says, I am deeply touched.  :o

Know that while I have favored armies, I have no "Favorites" among the factions... and I strive for a measure of Balance, Flavor and Fluff in everything I cook up.  Those walkers are pretty tough but not overly- as Support units, one will likely not see many on the table.... and they are as Vulnerable as hurricanes are.  And I find Hurricanes to be very vulnerable.  :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 10:11:23 AM »
What do you find makes them most vulnerable besides the fact they can't hide or go MP?  :)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 11:15:06 AM »
What do you find makes them most vulnerable besides the fact they can't hide or go MP?  :)

Their size mostly... and that they generally are alot of power in one package and they make easy for players to over extend.

The rules do not allow for minimal damage from light rifles so lots of them are dangerous to them.  One thing I noticed is most players send them off by themselves withou enough support/threat level backing them.  jjdodger used to that untill both Dave and I taught him better... :)

Proper use of walkers like these means they are the strong point of a push with a squad or two of crunchies to tie up enemy troops or make it difficult for them to take shots at the Walker witout any risk.  It's what I would do at least.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 11:27:07 AM »
Yes - it does seem the Impenetrability SA is a bit muddled.   I believe the rule is immune to Natural Attacks that do 12 dam or less. I don't believe that includes small arms fire....

We have begun using a house rule that says reduces Dam by 3 of any non-AV attack that does 12 Dam or less.  That, for us, represents the reduced likely hood of small arms damaging an armored vehicle but gives a chance for that one in a million shot.

D

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 12:51:28 PM »
Yes - it does seem the Impenetrability SA is a bit muddled.   I believe the rule is immune to Natural Attacks that do 12 dam or less. I don't believe that includes small arms fire....

We have begun using a house rule that says reduces Dam by 3 of any non-AV attack that does 12 Dam or less.  That, for us, represents the reduced likely hood of small arms damaging an armored vehicle but gives a chance for that one in a million shot.

D

Hmm...  Ye know, that seems like a good idea.  Kinda like a Necro Organic rule for the Big vehicles.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 03:42:15 PM »
 Topkick I think the tracked vehicle is a Tav and not Tak.I have one tucked away some place.The Leviathan range has a similar one for the Dwarves.It has Dragon designs on it which may work well for Mishima players.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 04:16:52 PM »
Thanks Andy - I'll look for it under that name because I can't find it any other way. Does anyone know if it was discontuinued, an I-Kore or Urban Mammoth piece, or any other details? If I can't find one I may try to convince you to untuck it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 04:18:27 PM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 04:24:23 PM »
Did a Google search and it seems that the TAV was replaced by the Ronin. Now I have to try and find a discontinued fig. Oh the humanity!!!!! ;D

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 04:44:22 PM »
Ooops - yeah it was a Tav not a Tak.  Sorry, Hal!

@Archer--

"Hmm...  Ye know, that seems like a good idea.  Kinda like a Necro Organic rule for the Big vehicles."

Exactly - it work pretty well and makes vehicles a little more than just RC action soakers.

:)

So...what's your call for the last walker?   I've already entered your suggestions into my Army Builder UWZ Mishima army list - Although I decided to call them "Sung/Tambo Sumo Siege Walker" and "Sung/Tambo Sumo Tactical Walker" .

Felt more Mishima to me.   ;D

D

« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 04:50:00 PM by warzoneD »

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 05:26:56 AM »
Last walker...

Sun/Tambu Assault Walker

as Tactical but replace Kensai LMG with Dragonstorm HMG.  Single Mounted Dragonfang.  Points: 116
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 08:57:16 AM »
 I sent Scotia an email Yesterday and they have a couple of the Tav's instock at £15.00 each.I hope this helps.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 12:41:32 PM »
How about using the Tiger APC as a Capitol or Cybertronic APC?  I'm thinking same stats to include weapon, and trade Walker for Tracked?  Thoughts Archmeister?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 01:15:36 PM »
Do you guys have a pic or the tiger APC?

D