Author Topic: Cybertronic v. Ilian - Level 4 Jungle  (Read 5690 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Cybertronic v. Ilian - Level 4 Jungle
« on: December 22, 2007, 04:09:05 PM »
"Vahl'Dredd, take Brother Karak and that upstart, Rilyn and remove the machine presence from my jungle.  Take the Templars with you, and any others you may need.  Those creatures deserve neither to be called human nor to be absorbed into our ranks.  Remove them, completely.  Destroy them, utterly.  Leave no scraps, wires, nor flesh."

"Yes, my lady.  I understand, and will obey.  I will not fail."

"I know you won't."

Jungle Fight - Level 4
12" Visibility
Combat Fatigue -2 (-2RC, -2CC)
750 PC

Cybertronic
- John "Archer" Tinney
1 Squad of Chausseurs
    5 Troopers
    1 Sergeant
1 Squad of People's Vounteers
    4 Troopers with Rebreathers
    1 Sergeant with Rebreathers
2 Squads of Machinator Mk I's
    5 Troopers
2 Squads of Attlias
    2 Atillas
1 People's Volunteer Captain

Ilian - Dave "dmcgee1" McGee
2 Squads of Templars
    4 Troopers
    1 High Templar
2 Squads of Brass Apocalypts
    2 Troopers
1 Praetorian Behemoth
1 Nepharite of Ilian
    Dark Lightning
    Void Phase
    Dimensional Storm
Karak the Keeper
Vahl'Dredd
    Dark Lightning

"They are near.  Do not hold back the brute.  Let the beast destroy their forces, then we will swarm what remains.  They are machines, and know not the ways of war.  They will fall quickly, and Ilian will reward us."

"My lord, they may be machines, but they will fight.  They will not have fear of us.  They will not cower."

"Not all of them tick.  Some breathe.  They will cower.  Their constructions will be without direction.  Victory is not anly assured, but so much so that I will allow you to live, in spite of your insolence, just so that you see that I am right."

"My humblest of apologies, my lord - I meant no disrespect."

"When you've learned what respect is, you may realize the inanity of your statement."

"Sire, they've commenced.  Your orders?"

"Kill them all.  Leave nothing left of them - nothing."

The behemoth crashed into the People's Volunteers, swinging wildly, but causing few casualties.  Rilyen unleashed a Dimensional Storm, only to see it drift dangerously close to his leige.  He let it dissipate and instead chose to call forth Dark Lightning.  It fizzled.

"Need I remind you that the little pink bunny makes rechargeables?"

"No, sire, allow me to try again."  Rubbing his feet furiously upon the ground, the nepharite tried, yet again, to command electricity.  The ions had other designs.

Vahl'Dredd decided to rely upon more material things, and fired his machine gun.  Those that peered out of the fog were met with raining projectiles.  As if on cue, Karak appeared, adding to the thunderous staccato.

"This, my lord, is fun."

"Watch your back, Brother Karak.  The trees clank and whir."

"They surround us, lord."

"Good, right where we wan them."

"Ahhhh - bees!"

"Steel yourself and fight - they, too have stingers, but their's are hot!"

"My lord, I think I've finally got the hang of it!"

"No lightning!  Fight with your sword, we are too close!"

"Yes, sire."

In the end, it was a great game that went down to my three personalities battling it out with a sqad of Machinators, the PV Captain and a lone Atilla.  My nepharite and Vahl'Dred left the battlefield carrying Karak home to be reinvigorated for his next battle.  THe machine was eradicated.

While being surrounded by four machinators, Karak managed to make approximately twenty saves to remain fighting.  My Nepharite (PW 16, 4 AC) probably managed as many failures with Dark Lightning, so it balanced out.

Vahl'Dredd and the Nepharite had only 1 and 2 WD left, respectively, and that is how it ended.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 05:27:03 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
Re: Cybertronic v. Ilian - Level 4 Jungle
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 05:37:38 AM »
Awsome!  These are actuallly my 2 favorite Warzone armies.  Way cool to see go head to head.  Excellent report.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 06:03:06 AM »
Battle!  Glorious battle!  Well done!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 06:06:16 AM »
 Nice report and cool pictures.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 07:09:32 AM »
Thanks fellas...  andyeah, it was quite simply a glorious battle and one I have no complaints on loosing.  I erred on an activation and Dave goofed on a couple of gear issuies- but nothing game breaking that I could tell.

I will say Karak is going to require alot of re-invigorating- damn git saved about 17 times out of rougly 26 attacks (20 hits!) over three rounds.  And he was sporting wounds from shooting too when I charged.  Gah! :)

Damn fine game, as was trhe A Call to Arms fighting afterward.  Good times.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 08:27:19 AM by Archer »
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 08:22:16 AM »
Good report. Thanks for sharing guys.

Karak is a beast. He's the model I most hate to face in UWZ (Ok maybe tied with the Razide, especially if they're blue ;)).

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 08:37:47 AM »
Sounds like you had a great time. Love the Terrain. After the Holidays i'll have to make a trip out there to get a couple of games in. ;)
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69