Author Topic: Asteroid-Ispection: Upcoming battle, report following  (Read 13759 times)

Offline Lopis

Asteroid-Ispection: Upcoming battle, report following
« on: December 19, 2007, 12:58:16 PM »
Whisky-Downtown, here Whisky-Downtown. Approaching to crash-site of the asteroid. Scanning territory........ - Only three parts of the alien material remaining! They are disintegrating!.............In short time nothing will be left! Starting teams for evaluation and investigation immediately.....Whiskey-Downtown for High-Command : Enemy expeditionary forces approaching from the north.....Seem to com down in comparable strenght........We havenīt located the asteroid parts alone!.......What are the orders??.......High-Command speaking: Informations about hte asteroid parts are vital and have maximum priority. Get as much information as you can get and keep the enemy from doing likewise. Thatīs your orders. Move out at once!

Scenario:

- 4 Players
- Two players cooperate and their respective victory points are summed up for end- calculation

Objectives:

- investigate the remaining three parts as long as possible
- Scenario lasts for 7 rounds, at end of round 7 calculation for victory points is done
- the faction with ,most vioctory points wins the day

Army:

- 1000 Point, no OBA
- no other restrictions

Field:

- No terrain effects and Hazards
- Field has 72 x 48 inches

Deployment:

- Forces are fielded for combat on short range, deployment on the long border of the field
- apart from this standard deployment
- The parts of the asteroid are positioned as follows: One in the middle/middle of the field, the others 25 inches away to the left and right on the middle-line of the field
- Infiltrating units and unseen assailants can be positioned no more closely than 6 inches to the asteroid-parts, this meaning not only the deployment card, but the actually placed models! ( so no fishy using the Command Distance to come to the rock at once  ;))

Inspection oif asteroid-parts:

- Every model is allowed to do inspection of the parts, even vehicles (outer sensors and such)
- Model has to be in base-to-base contact with the asteroid-part and spend one action for inspection. On its next activation -if still in contact- victory points are gained. In rounds 2 - 4 you get 2 VP, on later rounds only 1, because the parts are disintegrating and information becomes more and more flawed
- A model may gain victory point multiple times
- a maximum of 2 models can get into base-contact to a asteroid part simultaneously and gather valuable information per turn
- Stalk and Stealth SA canīt be reactivated while inspecting
- asteroid parts canīt be transported
- afer the seventh round the parts have disintegrated and no information is availiable

« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 03:02:57 AM by Lopis »
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline Lopis

Re: Asteroid-Ispection: Upcoming battle, report following
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 01:03:26 PM »
The playing factions are:

Capitol / Bauhaus vs. Mishima / Imperial

Hope we have time to post the outcome of the battle.

Would like to add a little pic for the deployment for clarification, but the system rsponds with a full upload folder......just doesnīt work...

The army lists will be given after the battle starts or has ended. Scheduled for the 23. Dec. So that noone of the opponents will get information of the forces, we canīt post them by now...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 10:45:55 PM by Lopis »

Offline Lopis

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »

What do you think of the scenario ?

Any suggestions ?

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 04:53:30 AM »
I like it.  Sounds like a typical recon operations.  I especially like the way the Victory Points are cumulative (I assume you can only "observe" once per model per turn to build points).  Definitely has motivation to not only protect your own rock, but to kill others observing theirs.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 07:10:45 AM »
YES! Kill them all and then take all the time you need to observe  ;D That idea sounds like a good one to try at Dreamation this year.
Karma to you for the idea that Im going to ummmm borrow yeah thats it borrow  ;)
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Lopis

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 07:52:14 AM »
Yes Veez,

you assume right. Restricted to oncer per model per turn and additionally to a maximum of two models simultaneously.
What I think is very good at this is that itīs 3 rocks...

--> get your own rock and protect it, let the opponents not gain the second rock. Damn thereīs another one.....
It gives the opportunity for tactical play and various ways to play around or with the third one.
As plaster it with a mortar to keep others from gainig it. As doing it with heavy fire-support.
Or dropping Blitzers to lay about 12 mines to secure it and such.
Place two Hurricane Walkers there to hold ground. Pop Crenshaw up at end of turn....
Run with Hachiman for the goal... Use Mouted Hussars the same.
Bunch of Sacred Warriors to storm and protect with multiple wounds... or Crucifiers.
Or drop Valkyres and bomb the third one.
Two Attack-wings, Storming on a broad front....
Sit and hide for 3 turns and only keep opponents from gaining VPīs, win with only 3 or 4 points through remainig individiuals....

Soooooo much possibilities  ;)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 07:59:42 AM by Lopis »

Offline Lopis

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 10:15:51 AM »
Major Steiner for Bauhaus Command: Glorious Vistory ! ! The combined Forces of Bauhaus and Capitol have fought bravely to gather the needed information! We were able to overwhelm the enemy of Mishima and Imperial and could rout the whole opposing army. Losses on our side are petty compared to the achievement ! Get some polish out and prepare some medals, we have some units to award. Coming home, wanting cool beer. Steiner out.

Offline Lopis

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 05:04:33 AM »
OK as promised some pics of the field.

First of all some overall-views. Itīs 72x48 inch overall size. The field is variable and has six quadratic pieces, each of them movable an positionable in any facing fittimg to the other parts.
One piece has a power-plant structure ( the one with the globe and the two flues), another a heli-port with a tower, where actually a plane crashed.....
One has the Bridge on it and a fourth has an industrial site we refer to as the transfer-railway station..
A fifth has a b unker with another building and the sixth am bombed building with a sewer entrance (actually no down-level field...we planned a sub-level but never managed to build another two field-pieces)

The pics were taken before Deployment and the darts are the markers for the "asteroid-parts".

« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 05:13:30 AM by Lopis »

Offline Lopis

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 05:18:12 AM »
Huh, nearly all of the pics arenīt good. Found one usable and there are some AssMArines in the heat of the battle storming for an asteroid part in covering fire of a squad of orcas.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 10:11:06 AM »
 Nice table set up.I wish I had time and space to make some thing that size.I work on smaller pieces most of the time.

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 10:49:11 AM »
That looks like a blast to play on! Some sniper positions, good cover for CC troops and some nice firing corridors.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Enker

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 03:09:45 AM »
Report from the Capitol Player.

What a gloryfull day.
Yes, the enemy was fully overwhelmed by our tactics and firepower.
"Whooa, look they have a plottet strategy plan on their clipboard." surprised enemys
Here a short overview on the 1000 Pts. forces.

Capitol (me):
5x Hvy Inf. with 1x Sniper
5x Hvy Inf. with 1x Sniper
K9 Unit 1x Handler 3x Dogs
K9 Unit 1x Handler 3x Dogs
5x Assault Marines with 1x HMG
Assault Marine Cpt.
2x Orcas and 1x Hvy. Flamer
3x Pegasi
Sgt. Carter
Inf. Colonel

Bauhaus (my ally):
Squad Ducals
Squad Ducals
Squad Dragoons with Sniper
Squad Dragoons with Sniper
3x Vulkan
3x Vulkan
Strike Skimmer
Strike Skimmer
Steiner
Wolf

Mishima (I hate this special force):
4x Squad Faceless
7 Nagano Shadowwalker
2x Battlewalker
2x Battlewalker
Amaterasu
Hachiman
3x Demon Hunter

Imperial (as far as I remember):
Squad Trencher with Sniper
Squad Trencher with HMG
Squad Golden Lions with LMG
Squad Golden Lions with Tank Buster
Vermin APC
Edward Murdock
Colonel
Tencher Captain

Ok, first round:
What a surprise! I fielded the Pegasi Scout Bikes. At first they didn't spot very well by Rec.Tr. just two models.
"Muhaaha, meat for our force!" my enemy laught. But they didn't knew our plan.
In the first round I drove one Pegasi straight into enemy terretory and spotted everthing into leadership distance. And that was a lot.
Nice was that it spotted two false leads, which gaves the enemy less activations in the first round.
At this time they didn't realise that this maneuver was the beginning of their end. Brave Pegasi.
So our force had enough targets on this flank which we dezimised with a lot of assault rifles and some sniper.
Importand was that Hachiman got into panic, so he could not fullfill his task to get to the asteroid in the first round.
On the other flank, due to the fact of less activations, Imperial had to activate his models bevor us.
There were the Golden Lions standing, helpless against my Orca Flamer which burned them into hell.
But the enemy had a success on this flank. They destroyed our strike skimmer on this flank,
which had the mission to get to the asteroid in first round to make some victory points.
And two surviving Golden Panthers could achive victory points, lucky bastards.
In the middle of the battlefield Imperial surprised with a Vermin APC which drove to the middle asteroid.
A big squad of trenchers stormed out of the vehicle and circled the middle asteroid.
Bad luck for them, that six Vulkans had a free fire line to them.
They realy had a very short appearance. R I P.

Second round:
Five ours later !
At the beginning of the round Imperial and Mishima were four victory points into the lead, but they had a lot of losses.
On our side no victory points, but only a few losses. At this point the match was on the cutting edge.
But in this second round our firepower did erase even more enemy soldiers then in the first round.
Mishimas Battlewalker were helpless against so much assault rifles.
The Shadowwalker didn't toke out much soldiers on our side.
Imperial was near to be wiped out of the battle.
On the end of the round I had two Dogs on the right and the middle asteroid. Ready to take some victory points.

Third round:
First time I won initiative. Yes, four victory points for us. Tie.
But only tie on victory points. Our forces had much less losses.
The last actions was a helpless try of Hichiman to slay my two Pegasi in close combat to prevent them from getting to the asteroid.
He didn't succeed.
We played this round to the end and them Mishima and Imperial raised the white flag. They gave up.
Victory! Take some prisoners and get the beer cold.

The scenario was very well to play, but seven rounds are too long.
I would shorten it to four rounds, maybe then you can win the scenario with a first round ovensive tactic.
So our tactic to stay in the deployment zone for two rounds and put the enemy into a hail of bullets was the better choice.
Imperial was very offensive and fizzled with this tactic.
And the Pegasi maneuver was on the right flank, if we would have choosen the other flank the match would have had a complete different run.

Medals to award:
Pegasus Scout Bike, for laying the corner stone with his selfless spotting in the enemy terretorry.
Orca Flamer, for "cleaning" the left flank from Golden Panthers.
K9 Unit, for achiving victory points.
Vulkans, for destroying so much targets.
Both Strike Skimmers, for taking so much enemy fire. Brave Crew.
And one award to our enemy, the Golden Panthers for achiving victory points and a superb moral.
Marines! Lets kick some A S S!

Offline Lopis

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 05:31:34 AM »
I have to add the surviving passenger of the Strike Skimmer for honor rewards!

first sees his comrades go down in a rain of bullets from the snipers. Then the Skmimmer crashes and explodes, he gets a lucky jump off the skimmer...
No problems with his morale he stands firm
Then the next round on its activation the Strike Kommando goes for the surviving Golden Lions and kills the Sarge.

Brave and lucky guys, thats what yoiu need!

Offline Lopis

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 10:31:20 AM »
Forgot another one!

This damn good thing.

A Mishiman BAttlewalker was terminated with the last shot of an action set with a HG-12 Pistol!

You shouldīve seen the face of the Mishima-player! Last action. One wound left. Only available weapon a HG-12. One shot and BOOM. HeHeHe ;D

If its urgent, rely on Bauhaus weaponry

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 01:34:28 PM »
If its urgent, rely on Bauhaus weaponry

Now thats a slogan if I ever saw one.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y