Author Topic: Foul Wind  (Read 4306 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Foul Wind
« on: December 22, 2007, 09:53:13 PM »
Knowing that I am opening the can of fart jokes, the rules state that creatures with Foul Wind "can disgorge huge gouts of black and gray diseased smoke and flies that spew forth from their mouth."

How is this portrayed?  This has been FAQ'd, but the FAQ appears contradictory to the Skill description.

Description: 
    When this blast is aimed at a freshly killed mortal, the remains will rise at the start of the next turn as a Blessed Legionnaire.

FAQ:
    Q: Is there a range or template associated with Foul Wind?
    A: The ability may only be used on targets that are in CC with the wielder.

Please, help me understand this ability.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Foul Wind
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 10:19:18 PM »
Dave I believe it was FAQ'ed to be that the Spawn Of Demno. Once per turn could create a BL from a mortal model killed/or that he killed in CC.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 10:25:15 PM »
I posted the FAQ, below, Phil.  Is there a more recent edition of which I am unaware?  If there is, please, let me know.  I don't want to ask questions that already have answers.  ;)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 10:38:31 PM »
Dave may have been the original FAQ's I dont remember I just know I have in CC with Written in my book. I had along time ago written the FAQ into my rule book. I dont think it was a RC or template more like Medic ability only creating a BL.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 10:44:09 PM »
My question is, Phil - how can a model be both "freshly killed" and "in CC?"  It may be that that the model with Foul Wind needs to be in base contact with the freshly killed model (though this begs the question of, "what, exactly, is freshly killed?").  Or, it may be that the FAQ is not as clear and/or as correct as it could/should be.

Many times, I ask questions just to clarify or to play (insert favortie "diety of the place you don't want to go when you expire" here)'s advocate.  It generates discussion on topics which are in need of clarification - at least as I see them.

Sometimes, I am, apparently, just a putz.  ;)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 10:58:16 PM »
Didn't foul wind have a template in 2nd ed?   There were so many, it's hard to recall.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 11:00:41 PM »
It did, but I wasn't going to raise the issue (thank you, WzD).

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 11:12:58 PM »
I meant a model he killed in CC since he only has a CC attack. Now looking at it does once per round mean (Once per turn or action)? I dont play Demno so it was once a templet so I guess it still could be now, but it does only affect 1 mortal model.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 11:37:34 PM »
Phil, obviously we are both reading this differently, and I don't want to offend.  Please, let me know if I do so.

That said, I see nowhere in the rules where it says that it affects only 1 model.  It does say that when the blast is aimed at a freshly killed mortal model, it will rise on the following turn.  If it is a template, the ccloud should affect either all models or should have a Cluster Effect.  If it is that the model with Foul Wind must be in base contact with a freshly killed model, then the point is moot, and we can move on.

I am, simply, seeking clarification.

Can I at least get us to agree that the FAQ is unclear, and should be re-FAQ'd?

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 07:37:41 AM »
No offence taken Dave, you know me if it starts to become a problem I'll let you know. The reason I say 1 model per use is it says "  A freshly killed Mortal ( not model) " I believe A means 1. We need to find out since its a special ability if the model needs to be in base contact.  Lots of things are vague and there were lots of errors in the book.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69